Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Header pipe for Aurora 45

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 PM
kiwijet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header pipe for Aurora 45

Hi guys,

I'm finishing off an MK Aurora 45 kit and need the Hattori 569 header to suit my OS 46VF.

Have tried Singapore Hobbies but they are having trouble sourcing from factory and don't have stock.

Does anyone know of an alternative header manufacturer or possibly someone has one sitting in their goodies drawer that they are not going to use and would sell?

Problem with the Aurora is the header has to hook to the side to avoid belly pan mounting bracket and retract unit.

Help

Cheers........Rene
Old 04-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Header pipe for Aurora 45

You could try Hatori USA just to see if they have any in stock:
www.hatoriusa.com

-OR-

You should be able to get a left hook header from Macs Products...You will probably have to call and ask them to make one for you...They only have .61 engines listed in the "special application" section of their website..I would assume they could do a .45 header too...
http://www.macspro.com/specialapp.asp

Congrats on the Aurora 45!! Please post some pictures of her!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:48 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i was going to recommend Chuck but didn't think it was a good idea. i figured he would probably post an answer as i was typing.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:25 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rene,

ask and you shall receive...

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={36DD742F-1831-4160-B9E0-4A2706704E39}&pn=2

You can just send me a six pack of your down under best brew, or... a coupla tickets to go and see the southern Alps.

Actually, I feel like I have to buy all those headers!

BTW, you now must take and post some pictures of her. Mine will be built with a YS 45 RE - some day, right Chuck?

David.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:34 PM
kiwijet

Thanks for the input guys, David mate I owe you a 6 pack of Steinlager Pure and what the heck tickets to the alps and 2011 Rugby world cup as well! never let it be said that us "blokes down under" are mean buggas!

Attached a couple of pics of the Aurora, picked it up on our local version of fleabay for NZ$123 (thats around US$85!) including the retracts!....who says there's still not bargains to be had complete with box, original plans and accessories. I'll take some better shots and post progress as we finish her off.

Thanks again for everyones help!

Cheers.....Rene
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16964.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	1423501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql87151.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1423502  
Old 04-23-2010, 06:45 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

wow, that plane looks very well done.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:09 PM
kiwijet

Yes the guy that built it did a beautiful job, given that its sat around his workshop for 3 years post build there's not a mark on it!

I have a 46VF that has undergone a rebuild with new piston/liner and just this morning received a nice package from Singapore hobbies. In the box is MK wheels, tank, original decal sheet for the Aurora 45 and the Hattori 400 tuned pipe.....doxilia's lead on the header now completes the bits needed, retracts are Springair.

Intend to 3/4oz cloth and glass the wing and dope/tissue the fus, then paint finish from there...something I have'nt done since my last Curare build around "79".

Turbines and ARF's are ok.....but ya can't beat the real thing why is it at 54 all ya want to be is 25 again!

Cheers.....Rene
Old 04-23-2010, 08:30 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: kiwijet
Thanks for the input guys, David mate I owe you a 6 pack of Steinlager Pure and what the heck tickets to the alps and 2011 Rugby world cup as well! never let it be said that us ''blokes down under'' are mean buggas!
Steinlager Pure it is! Heck, and I don't mind heading down under for the... go All Blacks!! Played #8 in my other youth...[8D]

I'm glad that header came through - hard to find bits and man, that is one sweet looking deal and Aurora!

Looking forward to seeing the real thing finished.

Cheers, David.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

Wow that is Beautiful!!

So will you finish her in the classic Naruke color scheme??

Good Luck with your project...

Chuck
Old 04-25-2010, 06:23 PM
kiwijet

Yes I would like to finish in the Naruke scheme, question is will my painter be so obliging we can but hope!

David mate, sorry to say your Stieny Pure's have been downgraded to Tui draught, unfortunately I just got a note back from rotor.com saying the header is not in stock...bugga! mind you playing No 8 puts you back on the plinth so stieny's are reinstated

So plan B will be Mac's for a custom made one unless some kind person has one in their goodies stock they would part with

Will keep you posted on the finishing as it happens, I'm planning it as a winter project which is the season we are rapidly heading for this side of the globe!

Cheers.....Rene