RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   Skyaviation Classic Pattern Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/11630420-skyaviation-classic-pattern-planes.html)

Yak13 05-23-2017 05:46 PM

Do we have an idea on when they'll be ready?

I am ready to place an order but concerned that they list it as "available", but only talk about the electric, wood version.

toddblose 05-24-2017 10:15 AM

Just talked to Dieter and he is hoping to have the 1st test fuse this week and hopefully some pics of the fuse out of the mold tomorrow. I will post more info when I have it.

toddblose 06-29-2017 09:12 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Just received these pics today. Here is the 1st fuse out of the of the mold and this one has the electric version top on it. Dieter is hoping to have the 1st glow version fuse and top painted in the mold and ready to put together in the next week or so. Once he has done the flight testing the planes will be on the way to the people that have pre ordered them. I will be doing a build thread on mine and flight testing. We have 3 that we will be flying 2 with the OS 61 VF and 1 with a Novi Rossi rear. I know this has been a long process but it looks like it will pay off. I will let you know once we get the 1st one here for testing.

Yak13 07-15-2017 05:00 PM

Updates? I would like to order one (Glow)

toddblose 07-15-2017 07:08 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Here are some new pics I got from Dieter. This shows the paint in the mold fuse and also shows the carbon fiber reinforcement in some areas. The fuse looks very good and Dieter has said the other colors will be added later I am not sure when the 1st plane will be in the US but I will do a build thread as soon as I get it

if you are interested in ordering you can email Dieter @ [email protected]. he should chime in and give any price updates and hopefully a lead time on on deliveries

toddblose 07-17-2017 12:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
couple more pics of the Arrow, These are the 1st 2 fuse's out of the mold. From what I understand testing will be done on these 2 to make sure no changes need to be made.
Im sure after that all other planes will ship.

Free Bird 07-17-2017 03:31 PM

I'd like an update on the Banshee. Anything new?

R

toddblose 08-04-2017 07:44 AM

Just got word from Dieter they are looking at making mold for the Banshee and going with a glass fuse as well. That will take some time to get done but will be worth it.

Creative RC 08-19-2020 04:48 PM

What happen to Sky Aviations. Cannot find them online.

toddblose 08-20-2020 06:23 PM

Its now under Classicpattern | Modellflug. Last time I talked to Dieter he was still working on them. He has gotten into full scale so I just dont have a good feeling he can get it going.

countilaw 12-31-2020 06:03 PM

How many people pre--ordered from Sky-Aviation and got their plane or their money back?