Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

ALABAMA CLUB40 rules

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:29 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ALABAMA CLUB40 rules

Just doing a reminder thread for anyone not familiar with the rules that are currently in use for ALABAMA Club40 racing. Here ya go:

Type of airplane allowed in Club 40 is :

World Models Sky Raider Mark II

(ARF),

World Models LA Racer

( ARF)

Sana Loma laser cut

All ARF planes are required to be built STOCK out of the box.

No shortening or altering of airframe or of flying surfaces to enhance speed .

tank of at least 6oz capacity. Other brands of fuel tanks are allowed as

long as they are a clunk type tank.

Minimum capacity of after-market tank is 6 oz.

(kit built) No bubble-less tanks. No Bladder tanks. The fuel tank must be a stock clunk type fuel

using a nylon beam type mount. Another brand of mount may be used as

long as it is made of nylon and has a beam type of structure.

No back plate / radial mounted engines. The engine must be mounted

We are now all racing in Advanced Class.

No Novice class ( this was the TT GP-42 only class).

Air Start. 30 second count down to start .

people, one of which must be the starter, must have either witnessed the

midair or heard contact. If the starter declares a possible midair a

second person must also have suspected the hit. Failure to land after a

midair has been called will result in a DNF (zero score) and may be

cause for dismissal from the race. If still flying, you must land ASAP.

Airplane must be safety inspected before next flight. Pilot will receive

one point if the plane was capable of landing and a zero score if it

crashed or was damaged due to a midair. SAFETY FIRST!

Midairs (airplane strikes anything other than air) - At least two

Edit: we are now using low-tack shelving paper as a primary layer to apply the color stickers to. This works great, comes off very easy and saves lots of clean-up time from the older way above. You can still wax your wing first if you wish.

Green and Red High/Low Identification stickers will be used on the wings . This should save lots of time and simplify things quite a bit as we will not have to take the time to ID each airplane to the line judges before each race. It has been suggested that a coat of wax be applied to your wing to aid removal of the sticker after the race has ended, should you want to remove the ID sticker.

Hardhats MUST be worn at all times by ANYONE who is out on the flightline.

Minimum weight of airplane is 4 lbs., 8 oz. with no fuel in tank.

Any current commercially available propeller is allowed.

The carburetor inlet and muffler outlet size will be checked for altering during tech inspection.

Changes to original stock bearings are allowed. Changes to glow plugs are allowed. Changes to engine head shim are allowed.

NO porting or polishing to any engine component will be allowed. Mufflers must have the stock internal baffle installed. No drilling out/enlarging the exhaust end of muffler.

Engines: Most pilots are using the Thunder Tiger Pro 40 and are having great sucess with this engine. It is the standard for several classes of 40 size racing and works well. However, you may use any sport ball bearing type .40 engine to race with the exception of ANY type HI- performance racing engine such as Jett, Rossi,etc...

If you have an engine that is a 40 size you think is legal but you are not certain, just ask for clarification to see if your engine is allowed.

12. Control Surface Clevises must have a safety keeper on them at the control surface to prevent the clevis from opening in flight. A piece of fuel tubing around the clevis works well for this.
All pushrods for the servo armend must have a 90°bend with a keeperor a Z- bend in them to prevent the pushrod from coming loose or popping out from the servo arm. No type of quick-connect or E-Z connectors at the servo arm of a control surface will be allowed.
*The only E-Z connector allowed will be on the pushrod that is used for throttle at the throttle servo arm. This is the one that comes stock with the ARF *

Old 05-21-2013, 06:45 AM
gefisher
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ALABAMA CLUB40 rules

Boy John, now I will have to change out my back plate back to the beam mount, change out my 40 over stroked out fuel injected TT Pro 40 back to stock! Take out my 4 oz bladder tank, change out my 2.4 signal scrambling anti passing devise before we come over to race with you guys!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:19 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ALABAMA CLUB40 rules

Fish , dont forget the Nitrous nozzle thats inside your fuel inlet nipple either!