Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

NMPRA Sport Pylon Racing Article

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

NMPRA Sport Pylon Racing Article

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 07:13 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NMPRA Sport Pylon Racing Article

The NMPRA HIGH PERFORMANCE December 2014 issue is on the NMPRA web site.

I have an article about sport pylon racing in this issue. Dan Kane, the President of the NMPRA, is interested in having more sport pylon racing columns about a range of sport racing. Of course I included Club 40 as well as RCPRO Warbird Racing and West Coast Warbird pylon racing.

The NMPRA members are a wealth of information even though many of them only prefer the 3 pole course. I too prefer the 3 pole course, but I have a lot of fun on both 2 pole and 3 pole. So let Dan know if you like this addition to the NMPRA Newsletter. I believe a solid bridge can be built between NMPRA AMA Racing and Sport Pylon Racing.

I've been flying the Great Planes Proud Bird in RealFlight 7.5 on an EF1 course I created. I will share my new RealFlight courses and planes soon.

You can feel free to comment here or contact Dan.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Ken Erickson

I have been watching for the December issue, as I read all of them. Congratulations on the article. An excellent explanation of Club 40 as well as the 540-B classes. You have represented us well.
As of now, we are estimating that 6 or 7 of our guys will be participating in RCPRO Club 40 at the Nats on July 10th. As always, the more the merrier.

Ken
Old 12-23-2014, 06:48 AM
DonStegall

Thank you Ken.

I wrote it on pretty short notice. I think Dan asked me on 11/21 or the next day and I had until 11/29 to get it done. I thought. Actually 11/26 was the deadline. But Linda Brogdon who does a great job on the newsletter let me have until the Saturday after Thanksgiving to get it done. I wrote it on Thanksgiving day. I noticed a few typos and one paragraph is misplaced near the NEO web site quote when I read it in the newsletter yesterdy. I actually started by copying that quote and looking at the NEO website. They have various photos from my websites and had the 540-B graphic from the 'Pylon Racing for Everyone' article on their site. So I read my old article and tried to distill the Club 40 and 540-B part. The RCPRO Warbird Racing was just recollection of the happenings of the warbird days.

It is great that the NMPRA allowed inclusion of sport racing into the newsletter. I hope people will have a favorable response to the article so myself and others can write about the sport pylon racing segment and know that it will be read.

Membership in RCPRO is FREE, but even though there is a charge to join the NMPRA, it would be great for the sport pilots to Join the NMPRA and support the official AMA Pylon Racing SIG.

ALL pilots, even 422 and 426 pilots are welcome to race at the Club 40 NATS. That is going to be a fun event.

Last edited by DonStegall; 12-23-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:19 PM
DonStegall

I have another Sport Racing Article in the February 2015 NMPRA HIGH PERFORMANCE Newsletter. The Newsletter page is at NMPRA HIGH PERFORMANCE NEWSLETTERS and you can go directly to the newsletter at February 2015.

The article is easy to find as it starts on page 2. If you get a chance, please read and comment on it. Dan Kane Jr. is actively promoting Sport Pylon within the NMPRA and I want to thank him for allowing us a place to talk about sport pylon racing. And for arranging for Club 40 to be flown at the 2015 NATS.