Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

strange E-mail today

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 01:20 PM
acerpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange E-mail today

I recieved this strange email today and figured I'd bring it to everyones attention since it was sent through here..................................

"The following was sent to you through RC Universe:
-
From Ms.Nana Mohab,

Please reply through my private email for my security reason
( [email protected] )

It is my pleasure to write you, i decided to contact you to help me out of my problem, however is not mandatory nor will i in any manner compel you to honour against your will,but first Iet me introduce myself to you.
My name is Ms. Nana Mohab, Am 21 years of age, I am a student of high school before I lost my parents in a car accident last year, so I have been out from school and been looking for a sincere person that I will trust.

I am the only child of my late parents and that has made me to run away from our family house because my uncles are after my life to take away my inheritance which my late father left for me in a Bank here in Cote D'ivoire. My entire dream is to find somebody that I can trust with my future life and inheritance and also who will be able to invest it wisely in any lucrative business.

Nobody knows about the inheritance which worth $7.5 million dollars in Cash deposited in a Bank here with my name as the next of kin. And I want you to also keep it very confidential till we can be able to transfer this money from the Bank here to your country and I will fly to join you immediately for future plans of continue my education once a join you in your country.

I have to trust somebody to save my future and that is why I am trusting you now I want you to understand my critical situation and give me the maxium assistance that I need, so that I will have a better life and also enjoy my inheritance with you. I will tell you more about myself as soon as I hear back from you, your interest to assist me and also build more trust to be able to have a better understanding.

please reply through my private email for my security reason ( [email protected] )
I look forward for your urgent response, thank you and God bless you.
Best regard
Ms. Nana Mohab "

Needless to say, this is some kind of scam.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:24 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: strange E-mail today

Yes it is... And an old one.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:25 PM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Psst! I have a bridge for sale, cheap! You interested?

These 419 scams are too common. If it seems too good to be true.....

Bliksem

Old 10-08-2010, 08:00 PM
acerpower

This scam seems realy rediculous though.
Would anyone actually fall for it?
This woman needs to find someone that she can trust with $7.5 million, someone like me, a complete stranger.
I must have a really trustworthy screen name or Email address, or maybe this woman is psychic.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More like broad cast to a couple hundred thousand email addresses two or three times a week. I've gotten the same msg at our clubs email and my home email at least 5 or 6 times in the last 3 weeks. They wouldnt keep doing it if people didnt still fall for it. Fortunately my mom doesnt do email or the internet. But after dad died she had a couple of guys show up that just happened to have some extra black top to fix her driveway. My sister got the plate number and I told her to call the sheriff. He contacted them and let them know I was a little crazy and dont think kindly of strangers showing up unannounced to my moms rural address. Thats a pretty old scam in these parts.
Edwin
Old 10-09-2010, 04:51 AM
tommygun32

I get at least 2 of these kind of emails every day
Old 10-09-2010, 02:03 PM
outdoorhunting

Two!! Is that all you get?? I'll average 4 to5 a day !! From "enlarging that certain male part to lottery winnings to something like above. I sure wish there was some way to stop them. I've reset my security as high as possible & still be able to get my regular stuff & it still don't help. I'd never do it but, I've been tempted to answer one & just lead them on. But I know that could open a great big can of worms.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:20 PM
tommygun32

two of this type with a direct contact attempt.....worth 7.4 million dib dobs....

Let's not bother with all the other 'junk mails' regarding 'male enhancements', etc....[:-]

You are correct bro.....whatever you do...don't even think of 'leading them on' by responding to the mail.

To stop them, right click on the mail in you inbox and click....block or spam (or equivilant to that). Job done

Unfortunately, you need to do this to each and every one of the mails in the 'inbox'. You can't do it 'en-mass'....[&:]

Old 10-09-2010, 02:35 PM
acerpower

I was tempted to answer and lead them on, but then they probably would never leave me alone.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

ORIGINAL: acerpower

I was tempted to answer and lead them on, but then they probably would never leave me alone.

Don't do it.......

This is just another variation of the scams from nigeria. Don't give them any idea that you even exist, you will just recieve more scam email messages.

Ignore and move on.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:44 AM
beepee

Do people fall for it? Yes, there is an amazing number of people that let the image of green in their fantasies force good common sense out the window. You establish contact with them and they will tell you that they need you to establish a bank account in their country that has both your names on it so they can transfer the immense sum. They will then tell you that you have to put $50k in the account to establish your good faith and activate the account. No problem, they are promising you a large share of the 'stuck money.' What is $50k against the great amount that it will earn? I suspect you don't need more than a box of crayons and a Big Chief tablet to be able to write the rest of the story. There are some that have even flown to the subject country (used to always be Nigeria) for the big prize. Go figure.

I always got these in written letter form back before the advent of email.

What a blast!

Bedford
Old 10-13-2010, 03:51 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Leading them on can be fun though.

http://www.419baiter.com/

Do people really fall for it?

http://www.419eater.com/html/ethics.htm

Old 10-13-2010, 04:15 AM
AmishWarlord

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

Two!! Is that all you get?? I'll average 4 to5 a day !! From ''enlarging that certain male part to lottery winnings to something like above. I sure wish there was some way to stop them. I've reset my security as high as possible & still be able to get my regular stuff & it still don't help. I'd never do it but, I've been tempted to answer one & just lead them on. But I know that could open a great big can of worms.

Stop useing aol,yahoo,hotmail ect. email account. Make you own webpage and set up your oun web account. It's easy. http://www.godaddy.com/search/domain...isc=goaf2001aa
Old 10-14-2010, 10:03 AM
pilotnathan

Also, if you make your email address more random, it's less likely to get spammed. They use software to create combinations of names/letter/numbers and then broadcast that to gmail/aol/yahoo/ etc.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:56 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I once got a similar one with a link to a bank with which I had a credit card. Instead of calling the number or using the link, I called the customer service number on my card. They very profusely thanked me, and asked me if I could, to forward the E-mail to their own security department. I did, and recieved a very nice thank you note from them. Apparently, I was the first, if not the only recipient, to do this. And the link and phone number on the E-mail were false, of course. They wanted to track down the perpetrator.

Probably the best one of these scam E-mails I ever got was about the problems the Nigerian Space Agency had with their Astronaut stranded on the International Space Station untill they could find someone to act as an intermediary for a $4365784.50 fund transfer to NASA, after which he ould be brought back to earth..
Old 10-21-2010, 12:51 PM
OrangeGreen

Hahahahaha I love this! People think they can get away with anything
Old 10-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something else to keep in mind is requests to put links on your clubs web site. This company wanted to pay us for contacts that came through our web site. After some research I found out that those companys do indeed pay, BUT they are web sites baned by Google for whatever reason. If google finds out you are doing it, you get taken off googles search engine. I read a couple of cases where this happened to some business's and it took almost a year to get back on googles good side so they could show up in google searchs. I monitor our clubs web mail and just delete those msgs.
Edwin
Old 10-21-2010, 04:26 PM
50+AirYears

One thing about various E-mail scams and virus carriers that always made me laugh at work. The company had a big name, big buck firewall. I'd get at least 4 Nigerian scam files, plus any number of dubious or Phishing E-mails at work, some of which were of the types that could be carriers of viruses or worms. They'd never get stopped. But I would have to go through all kinds of gymnastics to free up E-mails intercepted by the firewall from other sources, like from my wife or son, technical journals, internal e-mails, or even e-mails from vendors or customers. Often, even when they were on the list of pass-throughs.

Of course, IT could never unsderstand anybodys' concerns, it seemed only Engineering claimed to be having any problems, Blah-Blah, Yadda-Yaddh, etc. Probably, only the Engineering department had people with enough intelligence to see a problem. I mean, like when a VP from HR trys to convince people that a 3% raise at 18 month intervals under the new program will give you just as much money as the previous 5.5% average at 12 months. Dibert is Truth!

Last time I saw any analysis of the situation with Nigerian scams alone, the take just from them was several hundred million a year, just in this country. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Nigerian Space Agency collected enough to get their astronaght home withing 6 weeks of sending out the request on E-mail.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:34 PM
moe7404

where does she live? why cant a lawyer help her?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:12 PM
AmishWarlord

Man, you lucky dog! To have 21 year old millionaire collage girls asking for you to take care of them and their money. It's almost too good to be true. :P
Old 10-21-2010, 08:34 PM
acerpower

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord

Man, you lucky dog! To have 21 year old millionaire collage girls asking for you to take care of them and their money. It's almost too good to be true. :P
Ya I know!
Where was she before I was married? If I were single I'd be all over that! lol

Old 10-22-2010, 12:27 PM
dirtybird

Now the Chinese are into it:

Good Day, Please kindly accept my apology for sending you this email without your consent. I believe you are a highly respected personality, considering the fact that I sourced your profile from the peoples search database on the web during my descret search for a foreign partner whom can assist me in taking this business to it success. Though, I do not know to what extent you are familiar with events. I have a proposal for you.This however is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honor against your will, but I hope you will read on and consider the value I offer. My name is Mr. Song Lile, I am the credit officer in Hang Seng Bank, Hong Kong. I have a business proposal in the tune of 19.5m US to be transferred to an offshore account with your assistace if willing. After the successful transfer, we shall share in ratio of 30% for you and 70% for me. Should you be interested, please respond to my letter immediately, so we can commence ! all arrangements and I will give you more information on the project and how we would handle it. You can contact me on my private email [email protected] ) and send me the following information for documentation purpose: 1. Full names 2. Private phone number 3. Current residential address I look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards, Mr. Song Lile.
Friday, October 22, 2010 2:51 AM
Old 10-22-2010, 07:06 PM
AmishWarlord

" Dear Mister Mr. Song Lile,

I'm just a simple man who likes to fly RC airplanes but can't afford them. I'm afraid however that If I got a hold of 6 million dollars I'd get greedy and hire a team of nude Chinese girls to build my RC planes for me wile I watched. This would be fun for a month or two but then the planes, and girls would lose their meaning to me and I'd end up dead in a closet at the end of my rope like David Carradine. So I'd better just pass up the money this time for my own good. Lucky for you I know someone who can help you. She's a 21 year old orphaned collage girl in Nigeria. She already has 7 million in the bank so she doesn’t need your money. Any hoo her name is Ms.Nana Mohab and here is her email [email protected] I hope you two can help each other out.

May Buda's blessings be apon the poor Nigerian Astronaut who is stuck up there on that space station,

Dr. Imma Bedwetter "
Old 10-22-2010, 11:21 PM
50+AirYears

Great idea! They deserve each other!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:27 AM
outdoorhunting

Uh,looks like ya can't BS a BSr !!!! hehehehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.