Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Is that legal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 03:21 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is that legal?

I was looking for a good deal on a motor for my boat. Found a very good deal online at Kershaw Designs, and the motor was shown as "buy now" but said backorder. So I emailed the online store and asked if it's possible to pre-order a bacordered item online. He replied (email) that it is possible. So I went ahead and ordered one using paypal. I then emailed him again, saying I ordered the motor in question and asked when they'll be in back in stock. This is what he replied:

I'll only be ordering the motors when Castle brings the price down to previous levels or something close as other brushless makers have. But I have no idea how long that will be as Castle has not replied to my emails inquiring about when.

Dan Fischer

Is that legal?

Obviously I'm pi$$ed about it as the price was clearly "up-to-date" on his site, and I was able to complete the transaction using a PayPal payment for the advertized price. What should I do now? Do I have a leg to stand on?

Thanks for helping,
Vasek
Old 11-28-2011, 03:32 PM
vasek

Default RE: Is that legal?

This is what it looked like when I bought the C2028 motor:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87573.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	435.8 KB
ID:	1692675  
Old 11-28-2011, 03:40 PM
vasek

Correction: now that I posted the pic I see it was written "out of stock" not "backorder", but on top of page it clearly says "order now"

V.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:36 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: vasek

Correction: now that I posted the pic I see it was written ''out of stock'' not ''backorder'', but on top of page it clearly says ''order now''

V.

[8D] Hi Vasek ,

Dont you have the option of canceling the transaction by filing a "Paypall Dispute" when using paypall as your means of payment ???? The stuff hasnt been shipped , cause the guy aint got it TO ship , and he blew you off with saying "he'll order when the price comes down" from the manufacturer , , I beleive that is perfect grounds for a dispute , and paypall will return your money .

Youve only got a limited number of days to file the dispute , I think its 30 but im not 100% certain , , , So get to it , file that dispute TODAY , and get your hard earned $$$ back !!!!

PS , there is NOTHING being sold by any individul small time player that aint also available elsewhere in similar specifications ..... I'd be finding a different source for your stuff , just based on his "price comes down" response ...

Best of Luck , and Happy Flying [8D]
Old 12-12-2011, 11:29 AM
vasek

OK, got a refund & bought the motor somewhere else. Paid $50 more but they have it in stock.

Cheers V.