Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

pay-pal money FROZEN

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 06:19 AM
Ibcinyou!
My Feedback: (850)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pay-pal money FROZEN

I have always heard through the grapevine that people have had various issues with pp and I shrugged it off as a few isolated incidence until!! I got stabbed in the back by pp.

I have an online business and have used pay-pal for 5 years with just a few bumps in the road! UNTIL I was thrown under the bus with absolutely NO recourse, You would think I robbed a bank or taken hostages or something, I was immediately convicted by PP with no phone call, email, or any type of concern or initiative taken by PP. One would think that my flawless track record with them would mean something? Needless to say my money and I stress my money was frozen solid. I could not refund customers or pay any of my suppliers; I was in all sense of the word out of business! Thanks to the wonderful customer service from PP. The name is very misleading by the way and they should be put out of business like they did temporarily to me. Thank God I did have a back up merchant account through my business-banking center. I have spent countless hours on the phone with these no good blankly blank people only to here the words spoken “we are sorry and wish we could help but we no longer want your business†Talk about making your blood boil!! This has been a real eye opener to me as a small business, needless to say! When companies like pp have the audacity, the arrogance, and so called power and authority to Freeze MY FUNDS, throw you under the BUS and run over you a few times should get everyone to stand up and take notice. Anyone that is remotely thinking about setting up a pp account should most defiantly think again. Anyone that currently has a pp account should close immediately and get what rightfully belongs to you! Your Money! Read the fine print! Nothing in their policies protects you, only them. (period) They will and can THROW you under the bus anytime they so choose! Case and point!

Don’t make the assumption that your money is safe with pp and that you have the so called buyer & sellers protection? This is a totally false claim.. pp controls your money, not you?

If you would like more information as to why you can go to this websites below for further details.

This might make you think twice about ever using pay-pal again! FYI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vYh9...etailpage#t=3s

http://www.aboutpaypal.org/

Old 03-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: pay-pal money FROZEN

What happened? Did someone file a complaint against you, causing Paypal to freeze your account while they investigated the complaint?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:57 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I sold an item last fall and received payment thru pay pal. The recipient claimed he did not receive the item.
Paypal deducted the funds from my account without contacting me. So there I was without the item and the funds.
Fortunately, UPS had obtained a signature upon delivery and we were able to prove he received it. He was forced to withdraw his claim.
UPS normally does not get a signature when it is not specified. I think they did so in this case because they had trouble with this recipient before.
This could be the scam: Pay for an item thru paypal, claim the item is not received and get your money back from paypal, then pawn the item.
I see several businesses no longer list paypal as a payment option
Old 03-17-2012, 09:43 AM
tommygun32

Congrats dirtybird....post # 4000.

Sorry to hear about your pp probs. I think I've only used pp two times in my life.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:39 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

It's no secret the paypal leans to the buyer,, and it's the seller's responsibility to prove delivery,, you don't need to be a big Internet seller to know that.'

Mike,
I know you're a straight up guy. buddies of mine have bought from you in the past,, but your post is very vague as to the details,, something is missing here
Old 03-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Ibcinyou!

That’s a very good question! I only wish I knew so I could say. Like I stated I have processed many transactions over the 5 years with pp and refunded from time to time money back to customers for one reason or another. i.e. change mind, out of stock items, etc. etc. I also send gifts via pay-pal with no fees, I also pay my suppliers in the same fashion. I think this could be a problem doing this type of payment method, pp makes no money on this type of transaction. I can only assume at this point in time that this could be one of the culprits why they threw me under the bus. I could understand why if I was blatantly trying to do something wrong like commit fraud or something to this effect. Or I had a bunch of charge backs for customer complaints! This is simply not the case! I would not have existed as long as I have (5 plus years) if I was a shyster.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:26 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ibcinyou!

That’s a very good question! I only wish I knew so I could say. Like I stated I have processed many transactions over the 5 years with pp and refunded from time to time money back to customers for one reason or another. i.e. change mind, out of stock items, etc. etc. I also send gifts via pay-pal with no fees, I also pay my suppliers in the same fashion. I think this could be a problem doing this type of payment method, pp makes no money on this type of transaction. I can only assume at this point in time that this could be one of the culprits why they threw me under the bus. I could understand why if I was blatantly trying to do something wrong like commit fraud or something to this effect. Or I had a bunch of charge backs for customer complaints! This is simply not the case! I would not have existed as long as I have (5 plus years) if I was a shyster.
[:@] You pay your suppliers with the paypal Gift option ? And you wonder why paypal don't want your business anymore ???

Have you read the agreement for using the gift option ? And do you really think it's OK to misuse their service in such a dishonest manner , , using the gift option to avoid the fees that keep them in business ?

Your NOT "giving" the suppliers the money , right ? These ARE payments for product you bought to resell at a profit , correct ?

Sorry Dude , but ya get NO sympathy here ....... Your gaming them , and they ain't stupid . The probablly saw one too many "gift" from you to "so and so hobbies , inc." and pulled your account .

Good for THEM !!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 03:41 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just open up another account under different email and youll be fine... PP is too convenient to let go

ive done it before.... if you had no major complaints as of recently the only reason i can think of is you abused the "gift" option
Old 03-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Ibcinyou!

ORIGINAL: init4fun

[:@] You pay your suppliers with the paypal Gift option ? And you wonder why paypal don't want your business anymore ???

Have you read the agreement for using the gift option ? And do you really think it's OK to misuse their service in such a dishonest manner , , using the gift option to avoid the fees that keep them in business ?

Your NOT ''giving'' the suppliers the money , right ? These ARE payments for product you bought to resell at a profit , correct ?

Sorry Dude , but ya get NO sympathy here ....... Your gaming them , and they ain't stupid . The probablly saw one too many ''gift'' from you to ''so and so hobbies , inc.'' and pulled your account .

Good for THEM !!!!!!!
I appreciate all the comments and I have come to the conclusion that using the gift option is not a good idea. But you would think that using this option for 5 plus years something would have hit the fan before now. But this still doesn’t explain away WHY so many other individuals have been thrown under the bus like I was? Food for thought.

I have processed over $200,000 with pay-pal last year and have paid these fees associated with all these transactions, pp has made money for sure. So for you to jump to the conclusion and join arms defending pp is not a fair assessment.

p.s. I never asked for sympathy and most certainly wouldn’t come asking you for any.
I simply stated my experience with pp. Based on your comments you wouldn’t be apposed to higher taxes either.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:34 PM
init4fun

[8D] OK , While I appreciate your position with regards to the $200K spent through them , I also see where they have every right to call out abuse of their Gift option for what are obviously business related purposes rather than true "gifts" being sent to friends and family . I don't mean to be rude or harsh , I'm just taking the viewpoint of the fact that your misuse of the gift option is no one's responsibility other than your own . It isn't paypal's fault . And just because it went under their radar for 5 years really isn't much defense either , , most everyone who bends rules is caught eventually .....

If I wee in your situation , I'd contact paypal management and inquire as to any "dealer's discounts" or anything like that they might have for people who bring them $200K or more business each year .

Oh , and yes , if they truly ARE my fair share of taxes , and they reflect the proper amount that I'm supposed to be paying , well of course I'd pay my fair share as assessed by the IRS . I started doing this well over 50 years ago , when I held my first job , and I see no reason to stop paying my fair share now .....
Old 03-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Ibcinyou!

Yes your correct that pp does have the right to call out abuse as any reputable company would, rightfully so. I think as anyone in my position would expect to be contacted in some way? i.e. told that I am in violation of pp policies, and if I continue I will be shut down, a warning, something? Phone call would have been nice? But I guess that’s just wishful expectations. You would think that this would be the appropriate response other than freezing MY funds and throwing me under the bus. Like I stated before, I have spent countless hours of frustration on the phone with pp and spoken to many management personal, they could careless honestly. I am just a number on a page to them!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:43 PM
tkline

I am in the middle of a PayPal nightmare rite now myself. I use an iPhone for everything and I thought I lost mine about a month ago and didn't think a whole lot about it just went and got a new phone and sim card. I have never received $ through pp just spent it usually buying plane stuff from eBay or off of rcu. Well I started getting emails about things being bought and sold on eBay and $ being received on pp so I checked my account and sure enough I had been hacked because all my user names and passwords were saved on my phone well pp and eBay wouldn't let me close my account and I still can't check either one because someone has changed my passwords and I have talked to them till I'm blue in the face and they don't give a rats butt about it and talk to me like I'm a criminal when I have called them and tried to get it figured out they just tell me I have a balance of $1,897.00 I have to take care of before they will even talk to me about the problem. They are very irritating.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:11 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

What I call "old school" decency is all but gone in society anymore. Even if you had abused one of PP's practices someone should have reached out to you about it. In the old days men and women would make the proper efforts to get situations reconciled. Today it is almost non-existant.

It really concerns me to see this type of thing, but it is not all that unusual anymore. I believe in fair and honest dealings and I admit I am extremely cost conscient about everything...some would say I am a "nickel and dimer" however I respect solid business practices and each person's rights to get the best price they can. It has gotten so bad that you cannot hold anyone accountable for anything anymore.

Companies have young people trying to run things, off-shorers, and are failing miserably. Customer service is almost gone and costs are out the roof just to make it work. I don't know much about PayPal, however I have used them for years and it is the "easyness" of it that makes it good for me. It is the "click" pay that makes it so dang easy.

Do we have any decent and quick alternatives? Back in the day there were several companies that offered the same service as PayPal did. It would be great if banks offered a vendor pay for a small fee. That type of thing would work out great and should be less transaction fees and promote local banking again.

I guess I am still living in the old days hoping for service and good honest business. BTW, I have delt with Mike on a small scale and he is always prompt with me and takes his time to give me answers to questions that he does not have to do. From the small amount of business I have done with Mike I would say he is definitely solid.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:29 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

You can pay anyone directly from your online checking, but you wouldn't have the buyer's protection PP offers

Mike,
What is strange to me, is that PP would not give you specific reasons for closing your account. They just "Throw you under the Bus",, what ever that means. You saying they just locked up you funds and won't tell you why or give you a clue how to resolve it, this just seams unbelievable.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:31 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate the whole concept and policy of paypal. They are really in it for themselves, and provide little information to thier customers when they screw them. Waiting for them to get back to you, as pp claims, is so bogus. Their sweet time? What a load of crap! Then they send out form letters! More crap!

I've always said that paypal is not your pal ... They are your back-stabbing enemy who is always looking to take advantage of a situation, then keep you in the dark while they "investigate" things. They are too big, and too involved with making money to bother looking into your situation on a timely basis. They don't care about your money, they care about their money (which they also seem to think is theirs).

Until a class action lawsuit goes through the courts, paypal feels they are too autonomous to care about the average person. They got hit with a class action lawsuit several years ago and was forced to pay up. But that didn't stop them from playing new games. Obviously, they feel that it is worth their while to screw with people for a few years before they end up in court ... and lose!

Payfiend, paypunk, paypig ... whatever we want to call them, is more accurate than the name the currently go by.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:22 AM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

I have a flawless selling record with them. Although I'm new to selling, I've accumulated enough feedback to the point where they sent me an email on February 18 stating they would no longer hold my funds. After selling something a couple days ago , I received another email from those idiots stating they will start placing a hold on my funds again. I called them and they told me that they started holding my funds again because of the number of times I withdrew money from my account. I told them that if that was the case, they should've never lifted the hold off my account in the first place as all my withdrawals were done prior to the lift of the hold on the 18th of February. It's as if they see money in your account , they place a hold on it So they can draw interest off of it for as long as they can. They tried to tell me that they don't get interest off the money but I've done the research and found that they do indeed get interest off of the money when its held. I've placed a complaint with the BBB. I suggest everyone who are experiencing similar problems do the same. They need to be put out of business or made to follow the same rules as banking institutions.
Steve
Old 03-18-2012, 07:23 AM
Taz_Hobbies
My Feedback: (15)

I have always heard through the grapevine that people have had various issues with pp and I shrugged it off as a few isolated incidence until!! I got stabbed in the back by pp.

I have an online business and have used pay-pal for 5 years with just a few bumps in the road! UNTIL I was thrown under the bus with absolutely NO recourse, You would think I robbed a bank or taken hostages or something, I was immediately convicted by PP with no phone call, email, or any type of concern or initiative taken by PP. One would think that my flawless track record with them would mean something? Needless to say my money and I stress my money was frozen solid. I could not refund customers or pay any of my suppliers; I was in all sense of the word out of business! Thanks to the wonderful customer service from PP. The name is very misleading by the way and they should be put out of business like they did temporarily to me. Thank God I did have a back up merchant account through my business-banking center. I have spent countless hours on the phone with these no good blankly blank people only to here the words spoken “we are sorry and wish we could help but we no longer want your business” Talk about making your blood boil!! This has been a real eye opener to me as a small business, needless to say! When companies like pp have the audacity, the arrogance, and so called power and authority to Freeze MY FUNDS, throw you under the BUS and run over you a few times should get everyone to stand up and take notice. Anyone that is remotely thinking about setting up a pp account should most defiantly think again. Anyone that currently has a pp account should close immediately and get what rightfully belongs to you! Your Money! Read the fine print! Nothing in their policies protects you, only them. (period) They will and can THROW you under the bus anytime they so choose! Case and point!

Don’t make the assumption that your money is safe with pp and that you have the so called buyer & sellers protection? This is a totally false claim.. pp controls your money, not you?

If you would like more information as to why you can go to this websites below for further details.

This might make you think twice about ever using pay-pal again! FYI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vYh9...etailpage#t=3s

http://www.aboutpaypal.org/

Sadly the actual details aren't disclosed here, but I would assume that you don't keep enough money in your account in the event of a chargeback. Buyers have up to 6 months to file a chargebeack for ANY reason. Then it's your job to provide the prrof of shipment AND delivery.

Usually in these PAYPALSUCKS threads, it turns out the OP just doesn't operate his business effectively. Or doesn't follow or understand the policies in place that protect him. I do over $100,000 a month thru pay pal. Never not once have I ever had an issue where pay pal "Stole" my money. I have had chargebacks, but I keep enough balance & documentation on every items that ships. They may get my money for a short period, but i ALWAYS get it back when all is said & done.

Without Pay Pal, I wouldn't know what to do...

Old 03-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Taz_Hobbies

ORIGINAL: meps

I have a flawless selling record with them. Although I'm new to selling,
Meaningless. It has to do with the time you have been with them and the type of account you have.

They need to be put out of business or made to follow the same rules as banking institutions.
Why, they are not a bank?

Old 03-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Taz_Hobbies

ORIGINAL: tkline

I am in the middle of a PayPal nightmare rite now myself. I use an iPhone for everything and I thought I lost mine about a month ago and didn't think a whole lot about it just went and got a new phone and sim card. I have never received $ through pp just spent it usually buying plane stuff from eBay or off of rcu. Well I started getting emails about things being bought and sold on eBay and $ being received on pp so I checked my account and sure enough I had been hacked because all my user names and passwords were saved on my phone well pp and eBay wouldn't let me close my account and I still can't check either one because someone has changed my passwords and I have talked to them till I'm blue in the face and they don't give a rats butt about it and talk to me like I'm a criminal when I have called them and tried to get it figured out they just tell me I have a balance of $1,897.00 I have to take care of before they will even talk to me about the problem. They are very irritating.
So you knew you had all your account info on the phone, you lost it and you waited how long before you brought it to anyone's attention?
Sorry, man, but that balance is your responsibility for not closing your accounts sooner.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:40 AM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

I know they aren't a bank . That's why I said they should be made to followi the same rules as a bank. It's amazing how we say " without paypal I wouldn't know what to do ," but then when they screw us, because eventually they will, we complain . I'll let the BBB handle it. I'll be looking for your post on how great they are when they get to you.
Steve
Old 03-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Maybe some of these issues can be taken up with ebay or is that a lost cause as well? "On October 3, 2002, PayPal became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay."
Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Taz_Hobbies

I know they aren't a bank . That's why I said they should be made to followi the same rules as a bank. It's amazing how we say " without paypal I wouldn't know what to do ," but then when they screw us, because eventually they will, we complain . I'll let the BBB handle it. I'll be looking for your post on how great they are when they get to you.
Steve
They won't "get" to me, I understand the rules & policies. My "tail feather" are covered on every transaction. We self insure on items less than $100, as the numbers show it is far more costs effective. Everything over $100 is fully insured by a third party insurance company that also covers the postage. So if you get a chargeback for non-receipt and it truly is a non-receipt, Pay Pal will debit my account for trhe chargeback amount, which is fair since the customer didn't get the item. We file the neccesary paperwork with the insurance company and I get every dime back. The only loss on the transaction could be the fees on eBay & Pay Pal. But if you treated your customer properly, they gladly accept a transaction cancellation in which you get your eBay fees back.

It's not rocket science to use pay pal successfully, but it does pay to read the fine print and educate your self on their procedures.

Most of the complaints come from people trying to be a business who do not have the funds to operate effectively. This is exactly why pay pal will hold payments, verify your inventory, place holds on your spending & withdrawal limits. Your have prove your solvency to them not the other way around.

As I said, we are doing 6 figures a month with pay pal, no problems as of yet and I have been doing this quite a while with multiple businesses on eBay and elsewhere. In fact, I had more trouble with my merchant account on my website, so now everything is thru pay pal and it's been a smmoth ride so far.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Had a few "issues" with Paypal, specifically when a vendor went beyond 45 days to deliver an item and I wanted to file a complaint/claim and PP said, "sorry but it's too late".

Fortunately I almost always use my credit card to fund purchases, paying off the charges when they come due, so I just went to the CC company and asked that the charge in question to Paypal be frozen, having not received the promised goods. They took care of it immediately ad lo and behold Paypal started "crying" about how come I couldn't work with them and such.

I also use another bank account to immediately transfer funds out of my PP assigned bank account so they can't drain my bank account

Paypal is a nice way to get and receive funds but remember it's a business that takes care of itself first and foremost.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Taz_Hobbies

ORIGINAL: Hinckley Bill

I also use another bank account to immediately transfer funds out of my PP assigned bank account so they can't drain my bank account
And this is expressly why Pay Pal holds reserve on payments, limits withdrawal amount, limits daily spending. Not saying you are doing for this reason, but that is the number 1 scam tactic of the scumbags online.
They will withdraw your money from PP, get it out of the account they have linked to PP and off they go with your money.

No system is perfect, but as I guy who does the volume we do, PP issues are teh very last thing I worry about.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:55 AM
init4fun

[8D] Taz Hobbies is the perfect example of paypal done right !

It's probablly a reasonable assumption to make that Taz pays his suppliers in the right way , and not using the Gift option , also .........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.