Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.

IMHO.......mid airs are truly an accident! Since you probably haven't been flying long, if you are getting help from a more advance pilot, then this might be hard to accept. If you go watch combat, or even go up with another guy and try to hit each other, it is darn near impossible to do, especially at distance. It is an accident, period. Both sides need to just lick their wounds, and move on in the hobby.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Fontanooch
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What should happen in a case like this And how do you go about forcing the Issue.

mid air crashes happen. It is part of the hobby.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Mike in DC

ORIGINAL: RCFlyerDan

IMHO.......mid airs are truly an accident! Since you probably haven't been flying long, if you are getting help from a more advance pilot, then this might be hard to accept. If you go watch combat, or even go up with another guy and try to hit each other, it is darn near impossible to do, especially at distance. It is an accident, period. Both sides need to just lick their wounds, and move on in the hobby.
If mid-airs were that difficult, we wouldn't have so much fun flying combat. Still, I agree that this incident really does sound like an accident. When we fly combat, we fly planes that are pretty indestructible. It seems unlikely to me that anyone would attack another non-combat plane, knowing that both planes are likely to be destroyed. My advice to the O.P. would be not to fly "the love of your life" when any kind of training is going on. Back quite a few years, when I was training, my trainer told me his philosophy, "I don't like $200 planes in the air at the same time there are $3,000 planes in the air." I've followed that advice ever since. Accidents do happen, and I don't have $3,000 to spare. There's nothing wrong with getting that attached to a plane (although I wouldn't), but you can't expect others to compensate you accordingly. You lost the love of your life, he probably thinks you lost a model plane.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Quigleywins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok one more point the time of the year was May and it was this pilots third to that time,Yes that right 3 in one yearand only May'
Second point. The experienced trainer took the plain away fromn the student to have some fun with my aircraft on my first flight of the Tomcat. there was around 15 sec to the impact of the Aircraft in the next field over the road between 400 to 500 yards from where we were flying from. I seldom fly that far from the field but I was doing all I could to escape.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:45 PM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Checklst

Am I reading this right.................both parties had instructors..........or am I just tired from 48 hours of non sleep.The instructor of his plane hit you while you are under the control of the instructor?...........My mouth would have been instructing the other instructor to get his plane under control loud enough I would be heard in the next closest city. Sounds like 4 people should be sharing then cost..........I would offer a partial portion as an instructor if I did not make a call out to a potential problem.

As an instructors that I train call outs (runway)...(left right take off) (right left landing), low pass,Heads Up, even the guys with hearing aids can hear my loud instruction. I would be chipping in if I did not do my JOB period. Instructors need to take control and call out safety PROBLEMS...period.

Sounds like the instructors hear..... need to grow a pair, or get back on the bench and be the water boy..

I have been hit mid air by new flyers and refused payment......I chalk it up to S-it happens, but if it was an instructor not making a proper safety call out I still might not payment but he,the pres of the club and I would have a serious talk about his abilities.