Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought another used T6.

I put flight 125 on the first tx tonite, I've been flying alot in the dusk/evening and really enjoying the back lite display to double check the flight timer.

The second tx went to my friends son in law who is a new pilot just starting off and was thrilled to get it along with a couple of foamies to start off with, a HZ Supercub rebuilt with a brushless sytem and radio upgrade and a Western Michigan Mcfoamy and has 6 flights on the tx last Sunday and is doing great, I guess it doesn't hurt to be young and great at video games either, its amazing how good he is doing already.

No complaints on the tx other then it seems to have more features geared to heli's then planes but alot of tx's seem to be that way.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:25 PM
rsunleaded

hi Ray here from AUS i have just joined RCU and so far it has been great just wanted to add my experiance to this thread i have been in aero modeling for over 50 years off and on and came back to it about three years ago as i am currently a pensioner and need to look after the $ closly i have found Hobby King and a few other online shops allow me to be in my hobby i also support my local hobby shop where i can but i have placed 321 orders with HK both in australia and international WH i consider my self lucky as i have only had three items arrive DOA and lucky they came from the Australia WH so was quickly able to have them returned and checked and a store credit given sure i lost the postage but i have also had a JR radio that was purchased at LHS and i had to send it to south Australia for repair which cost me postage but hey i have read the conditions of sale on these overseas sites and there is a risk but you way up the risk against the cost and go from there I ALWAYS use PAYPAL as well
an example of cost saved is rolls of cover film for my scratch models LHS price $28.00 roll (5mtrs) HK price $8.00 roll (8mtrs) + postage $10.00 total $18.00 but if i want 4 rolls it is now $112.00 LHS OR $42 HK inc postage of $10.00 is money well spent in my book
Old 09-29-2013, 07:02 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by rsunleaded
hi Ray here from AUS i have just joined RCU and so far it has been great just wanted to add my experiance to this thread i have been in aero modeling for over 50 years off and on and came back to it about three years ago as i am currently a pensioner and need to look after the $ closly i have found Hobby King and a few other online shops allow me to be in my hobby i also support my local hobby shop where i can but i have placed 321 orders with HK both in australia and international WH i consider my self lucky as i have only had three items arrive DOA and lucky they came from the Australia WH so was quickly able to have them returned and checked and a store credit given sure i lost the postage but i have also had a JR radio that was purchased at LHS and i had to send it to south Australia for repair which cost me postage but hey i have read the conditions of sale on these overseas sites and there is a risk but you way up the risk against the cost and go from there I ALWAYS use PAYPAL as well
an example of cost saved is rolls of cover film for my scratch models LHS price $28.00 roll (5mtrs) HK price $8.00 roll (8mtrs) + postage $10.00 total $18.00 but if i want 4 rolls it is now $112.00 LHS OR $42 HK inc postage of $10.00 is money well spent in my book
Hi Ray. Not sure what the prices have to do with service but 321 orders? Wow, that's more than a hundred orders a year. So I assume you build RC planes for a living and have a large warehouse to keep all of that stuff in. Anyway the thread is really about HK's service or lack of service as witnessed by the hoards of angry customers who have not been able to get any service out of HK. You must be incredibly lucky to have never had a problem with so many orders.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:26 AM
ghostofpf1

I guess I'm just incredibly lucky as well.... 137 succesful orders for me...just placed another order for batteries and a car esc from the USA warehouse this morning and expect the usual timely delivery that I've grown accustomed to over the years.I notice a couple well known anti HK shills spreading their usual and consistent fables as usual.Must be a slow day at rclies ??

ghost
Old 09-30-2013, 12:44 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by ghostofpf1
I guess I'm just incredibly lucky as well.... 137 succesful orders for me...just placed another order for batteries and a car esc from the USA warehouse this morning and expect the usual timely delivery that I've grown accustomed to over the years.I notice a couple well known anti HK shills spreading their usual and consistent fables as usual.Must be a slow day at rclies ??

ghost
Fables? So by your recknoning anyone who posts a bad experience is not telling the truth? Come on Steve you know better than that.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:30 PM
keyman

I would be expecting delays on any orders from China, I have E-cig friends asking me if any of my hobby orders have been delayed due to packages being xray'd/inspected looking for lipo's even li-on for E-cigs is being checked and some packages are being rejected,,it is backing shipping up, thats all I know.

Last edited by keyman; 09-30-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:05 AM
keyman

I purchased a Orange TX module for JR to try out. I could never get a straight answer if spektrum was going to produce a dsmx module and after over a year of asking and waiting and asking and waiting on spektrum, I ran into someone that was using the Orange module on a JR783 and he was happy with it so I bought 1.

It seems fine with the dsm2 receivers I have here and looking forward to trying it out on some dsmx receivers. One thing some might not like is that when you switch from Dsm2 to Dsmx you have to press the bind button 3 times but its real simple to change modes or 11ms or 22ms and its nice to be able to operate in 4 operating modes .

Last edited by keyman; 10-12-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Mainerc

dose any body have the OrangeRX T-SIX im thinking about getting one and i dont know about it. iv heard good and bad things about it.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:23 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used them -no problems-they are cheap in price and work as well as $75 other receivers
Old 04-06-2014, 07:31 AM
topspin

In keeping with the topic of this thread, yesterday I noticed a slew of posts from customers complaining of bad experiences with Hobby King on several of the other sites where there are Hobby King threads. Suddenly this morning all I see are good news and sunshine posts across the board on every site all at once posted by the same folks who always post the too good to be true stuff about HK. These good news posts appear to be trite and contrived but mainly in sufficient numbers as to drive the bad news posts way down the pages. Hundred bucks anyone?
Old 04-12-2014, 04:33 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fly almost everyday and a member at three different clubs-I have never had a problem with them nor seen anyone else have a problem with them-So I guess I support them!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

We jut have too many children that think they are the elites and we are the surfs, and that if they don't like it it is junk, and not worth a look.

There was a post about this a while back from one of the moderators. Guess they decided not to enforce that post.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:50 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

10% off on any purchase if you give Hobby King a "thumbs up" here...!
Old 04-13-2014, 04:59 PM
ttiep83890

Hobby King or China King is the same to me . Chinese they wanted to be the King for thousand years. King for many things.
I got the reason to say that, because I knew them, I knew my people.
Lately , I wanted to buy some products of Turnigy, like out runner motor, ESC, battery...
I called to get the advice before purchase. Their recommendations were wrong for replacing Saito 91.
Email them many times and just get late reply like 4 days or one week since I email.
Tired of it and my project to convert my Flying King to electric so I have to put Saito 91 back.
I don't like people doing business like that. What do you think? They are good or otherwise??
Old 06-10-2014, 06:37 PM
keyman

I ordered a couple of the new R615X orange DSMX receivers to test out.

The reboot time on dsm2 just seems too slow for anything other then epp slow foamies and I would like to upgrade to dsmx even on foamies that get flown at a crowded field.

I forgot that 0-100 gram shipping is Malaysia post so I think it will take a while to get here.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:51 AM
rsunleaded

been using the DSMX receivers for a while now and had no problems what so ever been changing my DSM2 to DSMX 8 channel on a 6 chanell DS6I X and they work great
Old 06-11-2014, 10:33 AM
keyman

Thank you rsunleaded I am really looking forward to switching over to DSMX.