Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

DX8 - Sub Trim

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 05:46 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DX8 - Sub Trim

Ok...I am either not thinking clearly, having a senior moment. I am restoring my Ultra Stick Lite to flying shape and am just about finished. This past weekend, I got the final electronics installed along with the G-26 power plant and began testing the set up. All surfaces move properly and in the right direction. Now i just have to adjust travel. When testing the ailerons, I noticed that both left and right were a little low. So I switched into sub-trim and even though they are operating correctly when I move the sticks, the sub trim for the left aileron moves the right one...and the right sub trim moves the left one. So I reversed the servo leads from the wing to the receiver...same thing. I am using an AR600 receiver, but I can't see that would make any difference.

What am I missing?...I feel a Duh moment here.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: DX8 - Sub Trim

The servo lead going into the AIL slot in the receiver is assigned LAIL when you activate dual ailerons. RAIL is the Aux channel that you mated.

If you swap the servo leads then you should swap the sub trim.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:07 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 ... do have the airplane program set up to use Dual Ailerons, or are you manually mixing aileron to another channel?
Old 07-30-2013, 06:27 AM
hookedonrc

I will check the answer to both questions. I originally had a 72mhz receiver in the plane and swapped it out for the AR600. I then plugged in the leads and went through the binding process. I will check the servo leads and the AIL programming for the correct settings. It could be that both items are the issue.

Will let you know what I find.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:02 PM
hookedonrc

I got it all checked out. No Aileron Mixes, but thanks for the idea to check them Jim. Barracuda has it right, I reversed the aileron plugs on the receiver and it all works fine now. Both the ailerons and sub trim work on the correct surface and in the right direction.

Thanks for your input guys.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:43 PM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no worries,,, I thought you'd said you swapped em and that didnt fix the issue.
(Andy knows his stuff ) I've had a DX8 for almost a year and haven't needed to even look at sub trims yet...
think I'll do a little playing with it again tonite.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:00 AM
hookedonrc

Jim,... Yes, I did say I switched them, but may have put them back in the same place. I didn't pull them out of the receiver, but unplugged the extensions from the wing leads and replugged them in. It had to be that since this time I reversed the servo leads on the receiver and it worked. It wouldn't be the first time I thought I was changing something only to find out I set it up exactly the same way twice. I am already electrically challenged without doing something like that.