Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby Shops

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 03:28 PM
rbscooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Shops

Hello I'm new to the forum and not sure if this is the right place. I'm trying to locate a few hobby shops around San Antonio and Austin, TX. I'll be vacationing in the area at the end of this month and wanted to visit a few while I'm there. Can anyone give me some names and addresses of some shops in those areas. I tried looking on the net but only found 1 in Austin. Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-06-2013, 05:00 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I can't help you with specifics but I can suggest if you edit the title of your thread to "Looking for Hobby Shops in or around San Antonio TX" or something similar you will get faster results.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:37 PM
rbscooter

Thanks for the help I'll try that
Old 08-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Try what I do when looking for an out-of-town hobby shop. Most of the large manufacturers websites can tell you where their products are sold. OK, just as a for instance seeing how their ad is flying over my reply right now, you should be able to go to Great Planes' site and find out who in San Antonio and Austin sells their stuff. They would most likely bring up all 3 shops or more in my city. I know that the Horizon Hobby site is also a good one to use for a store locator.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:07 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great Planes dealer locator

Great Planes - Search

Horizon's dealer locator

Dealer Locator | Horizon Hobby - Radio Control R/C Planes, RC Airplanes, RC Helis and Helicopters, RC Cars, RC Trucks, RC Truggys, RC Boats, RC Radios, RC Engines, parts, hop-ups, and accessories

AMA's hobby shop locator

Hobby Shop Search
Old 08-07-2013, 08:16 AM
rbscooter

Thanks for the help. The dealer locators worked great.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:40 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

The AMA site also has a hobby shop locator.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:46 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Austin doesnt have much for hobby shops, only Hobby Town north and south and it looks like any other general purpose hobby shop. They cater to small electric, have mostly foamys, lots of car stuff and heli stuff. Thats about half the store then the rest is puzzles, plastic models, do dads and such. There is another shop in Bastrop. I've only been there once but its smaller than Hobby Town, mostly rc stuff and stocked about the same as Hobby Towns rc stuff. I get most of my stuff online. Dont know San Antonio but they've had a decent array of shops there in the past. Seems like I remember I've sent event flyers to 3 shops there in the past.
Edwin

I should mention there are 5 fields in the Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown area. Come on by and visit awhile. Bring some cool temps with you.
http://www.austinrc.org/
http://hillcountryrc.org/
http://www.gamarc.org/

LoneStar Aeronauts and Austin Silent flyers web pages are screwed up right now. I can give you directions if you want. Those above are the three biggest clubs around here. I fly at Austin rc.

Last edited by Edwin; 08-13-2013 at 04:52 AM.