Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

bringing back a artf on airline

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

bringing back a artf on airline

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 04:52 AM
willyuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bringing back a artf on airline

Hi to our friends in the USA, I am visiting the Sates in November and am thing of picking up a Great Planes revolver (50 size) and brining it back to the UK.
I have a couple of questions if anyone could help:
1) what is the sort of price in the US, here they are loads of money.]
2) is there a good model shop in Houston where they might have one
3) any clues as to wether it would be allowed in the cabin, or must I consign it to the hold?
appreciate any help or advice
thanks
Al
Old 08-29-2013, 05:53 AM
slipknot 26

Hello, Tower hobbies ( the great Planes Distributor here in the states) sells them for 210.00 U.S. If you have a U.S. address have them ship it there. I don't know of any Hobby shops in Texas as i am not from there. I am almost certain that you would have to check it with your baggage as it is a pretty big box. I have 2 of them. Good luck to you Sir.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:39 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Google turned this up

:http://www.rchobbyshop.com/

Send them an email. If they dont have it .I am sure they will get it for you.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:33 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My first call would be to your travel agent or airline customer service to see what their policies are concerning an item that could be considered "cargo". There may be a charge for a non-baggage item that would make it a non-starter. I once brought my mountain bike with me on vacation, cost me $75 each way.

If that works out, then I would contact Tower an have them ship it to the hotel where you'll be staying, just make sure the hotel will accept and hold packages for their customers. The nice part about this is you'll then have a nice sturdy box for the flight home and you can save a few bucks with Tower's coupons.