Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king delivers quick from usa warehouse

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king delivers quick from usa warehouse

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 02:35 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hobby king delivers quick from usa warehouse

I know there is much discussing about Hobby King's poor everything-just ordered $40.00 worth of LED's on Monday night and received it today thru USPS

For me this is quick enough service from what others have called the non existent warehouse in the USA-Four working days and I have got my order-I am satisfied with this transaction so far and the LED's they have sold to me in the past work well

Not trying to troll just passing on my past experience

Last edited by PLANE JIM; 10-04-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:12 PM
ghostofpf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How dare you post a positive thread on HK,,,,

ghost

I made an order from the USA warehouse on Monday and it shipped yesterday apparently.
I have faith it'll get here just like all my previous orders have
Old 10-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I have to post this. I made my first order from the USA warehouse this week. Chose the USPS priority option (2-3 days). It was shipped ups ground, which is painfully slow. Ordered it weds, won't be here till next Thursday. Annoyed bc I was hoping to have it tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:17 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
I know there is much discussing about Hobby King's poor everything-just ordered $40.00 worth of LED's on Monday night and received it today thru USPS

For me this is quick enough service from what others have called the non existent warehouse in the USA-Four working days and I have got my order-I am satisfied with this transaction so far and the LED's they have sold to me in the past work well

Not trying to troll just passing on my past experience
So wouldn't the credit go to USPS and the drop ship warehouse they use? Frankly Jim,, if you think to put that disclaimer on there,, you know you're stirring the pot.. enjoy the lights,, and the ensuing fireworks
Old 10-05-2013, 04:05 PM
PLANE JIM

I do not put disclaimers on posts I make-and to give credit to USPS is a freaking joke!!! A government entity that has failed that keeps coming back to the taxpayers to meet the shortages of their non efficient employees!!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:00 PM
scale only 4 me

well HK has no infustructure to get you any thing beyong their loading dock,, all they did was process your order quickly,, USPS makes it possible for you to get a package so quickly at a low price. Seems you were happy with the partnering up until I mentioned them.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:07 PM
PLANE JIM

I have no reason to be unhappy with this transaction and that was my point of my post. What I would like to know what is the point that you are trying to make in your post?? Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 10-06-2013, 06:40 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a question, Did HK deliver the products to you? If they did then you can say they delivered quickly. If they did not do the actual delivery, then you should be saying the company that did the delivery did a good job.

Sounds like HK processed the order then handed it off to a delivery company.

Buzz.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:58 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

it's a two part process. Many of the complaints having to do with HK center on the time it takes to get the order to whatever company will make the ultimate delivery. In many instances it takes days and days for the item to get pulled from the warehouse, packaged up, and dropped off/picked up from the HK warehouse. So in the OPs case the item may have been pulled and packaged right away, picked up/dropped off right away, and the USPS worked their magic. Win Win.

fwiw I think the USPS does a fantastic job overall. I've used them almost exclusively for the past 11 years selling and buying online and it's very rare that there is an issue. They are usually the cheapest choice, and provide pretty good service overall.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:54 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

If anyone can post a pic and address of their warehouse(s) here, please do!
Old 10-07-2013, 02:45 PM
porcia83
Banned

For what purpose? Do you doubt they are there?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:37 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

For what purpose? Do you doubt they are there?
Without photo or personal verification, yes.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:13 AM
swify

I see in a few issues of MAN that Chip Hyde is endorsing Hobby King. Wonder how much he is paid to shill for them? Never bought anything through them doubt if I ever will.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:58 PM
ghostofpf1

I forgot about this post.Package showed up this last Monday via UPS ?? I suspect they changed carriers to get the lipos out via ground in lieu of the usual USPS air routes.A week from ordering to delivery so I have no complaints..
As far as what Chip Hyde endorses I haven't seen the ads .Were they for batteries or just a big pro HobbyKing ad ??

ghost
Old 10-11-2013, 02:04 PM
swify

It was a pro Hobby King ad, about how he uses hobby king supplied items when he wants to do some regular flying.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:40 PM
TampaRC

How are the shipping rates from the US warehouse?
Old 10-11-2013, 06:30 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by eddieC
Then take a drive over and confirm it for yourself. Plenty of people have gone there and picked items up. If you've ever shopped with them in the US warehouse you'll see an option to pick up in person.

Originally Posted by swify
I see in a few issues of MAN that Chip Hyde is endorsing Hobby King. Wonder how much he is paid to shill for them? Never bought anything through them doubt if I ever will.
why is his salary an issue. perhaps more or less than the guys from 3DHS, or extreme, Futaba....horizon etc etc. Nothing wrong with representing a company is there?

Originally Posted by TampaRC
How are the shipping rates from the US warehouse?
Overall I find them a bit on the high side, and on some items it's stopped me from buying. other times it's cheap and or reasonable. people sometimes forget the manpower and resources that go into shipping, as well as the physical items themselves. boxes, bubble wrap, air pockets, tape etc etc ain't free. Also, larger things will cost more even if they are light, companies are charging for volume/size of box, not just weight. and it's called shipping AND handling for a reason too. also a consideration is the fact that the items were shipped here....they were not produced here, so we're all going to pay shipping one way or another.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 PM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by eddieC

Again all over again?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/club...l#post11277401
Old 10-11-2013, 06:49 PM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by swify
I think you need to research the definition of a shill,,, if he's publicly representing them,, that's not being a shill now is it
Old 10-11-2013, 06:52 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
yup...the world will always be flat to some, no matter what proof is provided. doesn't matter how many times people say they have been there, to some it will always be a mailbox plus in some strip mall. oh well.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:52 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

Got a shipping update email yesterday like some of you probably got and sounds like they are looking to add more USA stores?
Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by keyman
Got a shipping update email yesterday like some of you probably got and sounds like they are looking to add more USA stores?
I usually don't read the stuff thinking it's spam,, but here it is,

URGENT UPDATE

Our International Warehouse based in Hong Kong has been affected by changes in Hong Kong Customs policy.
This has affected shipping of lithium-based batteries to many countries, but the United States was not affected.

However, due to this issue our Customer Service channel has been overwhelmed. This means that unfortunately all customers will have difficulty contacting Customer Service and for this we sincerely apologise.
If you are trying to contact customer service, please know that we WILL get back to you as soon as possible. To improve efficiency and improve response time, we request that you create just ONE support ticket. Your help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

To ensure that this does not happen again, we are:

- Implementing similar shipping solutions to those offered to our US customers.
- Establishing another Customer Service Centre in the United States which will be staffed by modelers and will be able to answer all technical product enquiries. This is in addition to our two other Customer Service Centers.
- Expanding our existing regional warehouse range and looking to open more regional warehouses so that more customers can enjoy lower shipping costs and receive their orders quickly.
- Negotiating with different shipping companies to once again be able to offer a complete range of shipping options.

As you can see, we are urgently taking steps to fix this issue. We have all hands on deck packing orders and answering emails (from Senior VPs to secretaries to janitors) to ensure that this backlog is met. We expect to be up-to-date within the next couple of weeks.

Please know that we strive to provide you with the best possible service. We regret any inconvenience or frustration that you have experienced.

As the situation progresses we will be posting updates on the News section of www.hobbyking.com.

Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you will continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

Sincerely,

Anthony Hand
President
HobbyKing
Looks like the plan to stage products in more drop ship locations in omore countries maybe,, not "open more stores" per se

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 10-12-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:10 AM
porcia83
Banned

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=59

a little more explanation on what's going on.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:20 AM
GerKonig

Placed a small order 5000 and 1300 lipos, some cables and a charger. Placed the order Wed. late. They confirmed it shipped Friday. We will see how long it takes. Will post when I receive the box. Since all the goods ordered were ordered from stuff that was "in stock" and in the USA Warehouse, I expect delivery sometime next week.

Gerry
Old 10-12-2013, 05:13 AM
toolmaker7341

I placed an order with the USA warehouse and 1 with Hong Kong at the same day and time the. The USA order arrived in less than a week the Hong Kong order took 2 1/2 weeks just to get pulled and leave Hong Kong and 1 week to my door. Hong Kong processing is painfully slow. Shipping costs from the USA warehouse is reasonable but slightly more expensive than most USA suppliers. I never had any issues with quality or refunds (9 orders 8 received 1 refund). USPS doesn't track any shippment untill it arrives in the US anymore you have to use Swiss post to track untill it arrives in the US.

it's a two part process. Many of the complaints having to do with HK center on the time it takes to get the order to whatever company will make the ultimate delivery. In many instances it takes days and days for the item to get pulled from the warehouse, packaged up, and dropped off/picked up from the HK warehouse. So in the OPs case the item may have been pulled and packaged right away, picked up/dropped off right away, and the USPS worked their magic. Win Win.

fwiw I think the USPS does a fantastic job overall. I've used them almost exclusively for the past 11 years selling and buying online and it's very rare that there is an issue. They are usually the cheapest choice, and provide pretty good service overall.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by toolmaker7341; 10-12-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.