Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Uh, oh! We done it now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 01:26 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts
Red face Uh, oh! We done it now!

http://news.yahoo.com/us-flies-b-52-...172803843.html

Washington (AFP) - Two US B-52 bombers flew over a disputed area of the East China Sea without informing Beijing, US officials said Tuesday, challenging China's bid to create an expanded air defense zone.

Expect higher prices with Chinese ARF's, engines, radios and accessories, now.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:37 AM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not smart to mess with your landlord.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:13 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

meh.
Japan Claims to own those 2 islands as well.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:29 AM
topspin

Certainly no love lost between China and Japan after centuries of whuping up on each other. I doubt this will impact Chinese businesses especially in Hong Kong and don't forget Taiwan, they don't belong to mainland China at all.

I have always wondered if the Chinese Air Force has to send pictures and video to get replacement engines for their fighters?

I wonder if they have to put Their new aircraft carrier on a scale and weigh it before they can get planes for it? I do know for a fact they have to weigh the anchors before Hobby King will send them the chain they forgot to put in the package.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:18 AM
falcon_56

Oh well...

Time to unroll the plans, uncap the Elmers glue and put new blades on those x-acto knives.
South America has good balsa
Japan makes good engines
Taiwan has good radio equipment

I am not scared...
Old 11-27-2013, 03:14 PM
GallopingGhostler

Just as well. Both Hobby King and Nitroplanes are chronically out of stock on everything I want. I've stocked up on Mexican poster foamboard and enamel paints made there.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:51 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, I guess we will have to start building our own planes. Maybe Sig, Top Flite, Great Planes and others will have to start making kits again.

Frank
Old 11-29-2013, 05:51 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Makes ya wonder if these redicules stories are all orchestrated by our Govs.,, I mean really, does anyone really think we and China are going to go toe to toe over a little fly over space when we're so economically co dependent?? Next North Korea will put up another dysfunctional missle so the media can try and get us all worked up. Meanwhile real problems never get fixed or even reported on,,, frustrating to watch.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:39 AM
countilaw

The government of China splits the Economic and military to be solely separate. Like Japan prior to WW2, they were buying all the scrap metal they could from the U.S., then using it to make bombs with to bomb Pearl Harbor. We as a country of capitalist will exploit their cheap labor and send our money over there. And China's businesses will except every penny of it as the laugh on their way to the bank. At the same time, the military will raise hell about their air space. So what the military does and what business does is two separate issues.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:08 PM
scale only 4 me

Economic power and military power go hand in hand.. there is no separating them
Old 11-29-2013, 12:37 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by countilaw
Yup, I guess we will have to start building our own planes. Maybe Sig, Top Flite, Great Planes and others will have to start making kits again.

Frank
Sig was always my favorite, Carl Goldberg made some nice kits too but Sig models always flew well for me. I really liked my Senorita.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:15 PM
GallopingGhostler

Originally Posted by countilaw
The government of China splits the Economic and military to be solely separate. Like Japan prior to WW2, they were buying all the scrap metal they could from the U.S., then using it to make bombs with to bomb Pearl Harbor. We as a country of capitalist will exploit their cheap labor and send our money over there. And China's businesses will except every penny of it as the laugh on their way to the bank. At the same time, the military will raise hell about their air space. So what the military does and what business does is two separate issues.
Actually, we cannot blame any average or non-average citizen from wanting to live within means and thus purchase products even though made in China. The US broke the mold when our monetary system was owned by the people through Congress. Woodrow Wilson, US President signed the Federal Reserve Act turning ourmoney supply over to private bankers. Presidents Ford, Clinton, both Bushes, and now our current incumbent have continued to promote transferring manufacturing and technology over to China,decimating our manufacturing capacities to the extent we hardly making anything nowadays. These transfers were encouraged by large corporations within US, giving millions to politicians to promote their agenda of greed without concern for the American people. So, we are being brought to the knees of the world banking system and order because of these acts which otherwise may be considered treasonous if done under any other cause.

It will not stop me from buying products from China, because I have little other choice, but it has caused me to rethink my future in a manner that I must gage my life to sustain it in a world order that in future will bring with it economic disaster.

Just something to think about, that is all.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:59 PM
countilaw

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Economic power and military power go hand in hand.. there is no separating them
Do you think that just because the Chinese military is having a spat with the US and Japan, that the Chinese are going to stop taking our money and making our products? I don't think so. The Chinese government is not going to stop the import of money because the military arm is being tough with us.

But I would enjoy getting back to building kits again. Right now I mainly build from scratch.

Frank
Old 11-30-2013, 06:19 AM
scale only 4 me

No, that exactly it, I think the whole thing is BS orchestrated to convince us we have an actual enemy there when in fact we have an economic partner and have for the last 40 years.,, It's all wag the dog BS..

plenty of kits on Ebay,, have at it,, nothing stopping you.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:44 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I understand that both Japan and South Korea have also flown through that same airspace since we did with no repercussions. I think that is called "calling their bluff". China may tell us we're bad people and otherwise throw a tantrum but I doubt that they do anything militarily for us flying through an airspace that is not legally theirs.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:48 AM
topspin

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
I understand that both Japan and South Korea have also flown through that same airspace since we did with no repercussions. I think that is called "calling their bluff". China may tell us we're bad people and otherwise throw a tantrum but I doubt that they do anything militarily for us flying through an airspace that is not legally theirs.

I don't see China doing anything like that yet. maybe in a few years but not right now.