Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

H9 Twist 40 V2 Glow to Electric Conversion.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

H9 Twist 40 V2 Glow to Electric Conversion.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Daveb572

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Twist 40 V2 Glow to Electric Conversion.

Hi Folks! Dave Bryer here. I'm in need of a little advice. I've bought a Hanger 9 Twist 40 V2 and I'm attempting to convert it to electric power. I have purchased, along with the aircraft, the electric completion kit from Horizon Hobby. My issue is that there are no instructions on how to actually perform the conversion.

Has anyone here attempted this modification? If so, where is the best place to locate the battery hatch? I'm thinking about cutting the top of the fuselage directly above the fuel tank and installing a "deck" for the battery. I'm considering cutting the covering over the lightening hole on the bottom of the fuse in the same area to facilitate cooling of the speed controller. In addition, I'm considering putting another hole in the bottom rear of the fuse to enhance the cooling action.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The reason for the glow to electric conversion is because I do not want to store glow fuel in my new apartment.

Dave Bryer