Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Just wanted to share our great field in NJ.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Just wanted to share our great field in NJ.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 04:50 AM
kamakazie frank
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just wanted to share our great field in NJ.

https://www.facebook.com/LakelandAircraftModelers
Old 07-24-2014, 04:28 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your club looks great, love the runway. A couple of questions if you don't mind. Is this private property or shared/leased with the town or city. Love the runway, is that blacktop or a covering? Do you guys have flight stations you fly from or just wherever the pilot wants. Pics show people close to the runway, just didn't know if that was a one time deal or how you guys fly. Your sign looks great too!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:12 AM
kamakazie frank
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porcia83:

We are on County property of which we lease on a yearly basis. Our grass runway is 50' x 600' and what the club put down last year was a geotex fabric 40' x 250' to accomodate the various jets and foamies that we fly there.There are details about the fabric on our site. We were having a club fun fly picnic that day and it was informal flying. Normally there are flight stations posted in the grass.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:23 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great, thanks for the info. I visited a club in Mass recently that had the same runway, it was fantastic. My club has a blacktop runway but we are considering making the area larger, but cannot put anything "permanent" down.