Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 01:39 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by PLANE JIM; 08-30-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:40 PM
PLANE JIM

Last edited by PLANE JIM; 08-30-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:41 PM
PLANE JIM

Old 08-24-2014, 05:36 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long before consumers looking for cheap electronics get wise to this company.i had a similar experience a couple years back and i get trounced on for bashing these guys buy it's situations like this that me me shake my head. But there are alot of rc flyers buying this company's stuff.one last time no real customer service ever.! I will find another hobby before buying from these guys.fortnuately I went back to gas and don't their crap.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:08 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

In every hobby there are bargain basement brands and dealers. I used to be a shooter. I once asked one of the bigger gun dealers in the city I lived in what was their best selling gun. I expected to hear Glock or maybe Kimber which they kept a nice inventory of, but no. It was High Point. He said he used to sell a lot of Jennings and Jimenez too, but they were so badly made that he got tired of the complaints. There is always a market for junk because there are always cheap people who don't think about anything but the price. I think it's a character flaw personally, because these are also the people who fail to achieve excellence at nearly anything and who never have any money.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:48 PM
jgracco

I ship a lot from other countries. In recent months there has been a lot more delays which appear to be on the US end. I have had things from Spain delayed a lot out of China and some out of Germany. If you look at the tracking messages during transit you will see origin post preparing shipment. it might start on hong kong post or DHL but they all wind up in the USPS system. This pretty much means it left then you will see arrived customs at some location jamaica or sometimes will say JFK but depands on where it is going. I have had to investigate thie a few times and foudn that it is more than likley on the US side. This was based on conversations with people I know at JFK. I am not even talking about delays on hobby king... I have ordered very little from them.

Huntington Station is about 1/2 hour - 40 minutes from hicksville..

Originally Posted by topspin
Not sure where you see all of these problems with shipping from foreign vendors because I just don't see very many complaints at all other than Hobby King. Most of what I see for them is that they claim a package is shipped when all they have done is print a shipping label. It is usually a week or more before it actually goes out the door via some cheapo shipping company that they charged the customer premium shipping prices for. I buy a lot of stuff (mostly radio and electronics) related from China and Korea. I pay less to ship a 35 lb radio from China than you would pay to ship a 3 lb airplane from Hobby King and trust me, the radio is larger. I also don't see any shipping delays since all of the Chinese stuff goes out via Hong Kong post. So please, who are all of these companies that have such terrible shipping problems?

By the way, How far is Hicksville from Huntington Station?
Old 08-24-2014, 06:52 PM
jgracco

I did not really give this any thought until I read this post. I can tell you one thing, I had a shipment turned around for a LIPO battery. The company communicated the issue so I knew there was a problem and was told the battery was removed. this happened in china customs. With Hobby King they have such spotty customer service, if the thing was turned around maybe they yanked the battery and never said anything..

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
I order from a few vendors based in china on e*bay and they have some of the fastest ship times..shipping from china. The HK shipping problem is HK's ,
Old 08-24-2014, 07:33 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

To no one in particular: Some of you guys are really off base in this thread. Especially thinking anyone who posts good experiences with HK service or products has to be a shill or employee. Likewise to calling someone a troll because they disagree with your position is just plain childish.

And to think all of this ranting is over a $33.00 order that was short. Instead of understanding HK's return policy and pitching a fit over steps to be taken, a whine to PayPal netted a full refund which means the product was free! And because of that a thread that says HK Sucks! Sheesh, shut the F up..

For those of you who have never taken time to research HK beyond the products pages know this; while their main warehouse may be in Hong Kong they are actually an Australian company.

Gee, they just expanded another USA warehouse to provide faster service east of the Mississippi. Must have more satisfied customers than anyone thinks! That really must wad the panties of HK complainers really tight.

Put that in you pipe and smoke it.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:38 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No they are not an Australian company. HK is owned by an Australian with his company is in China out of the reach of FTC and other civil liability. Try to sue Anthony Hand for patent infringement and see how for you will get in China.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:48 PM
tomgreen

I just wanted to say that I ordered A orange receiver from Hobby King Hong Kong. It took 11 days from the time I placed the order to the knock on the door by the post office. To me that's pretty good
Old 08-24-2014, 11:26 PM
jcstalls
My Feedback: (7)

Quite a post you have there Dick T from Vilasia .
Old 08-25-2014, 10:44 AM
jgracco

I literally just threw one of these orange RX units out.. Glad I don't use these in any planes of mine. It is dead as doornail after about 4 months of use and I know Hobby King will not replace it. I have had futaba and hitech die also but I have always been able to go back through the dealer and get the item repaired at no cost.True story, I had a futaba rx unit die and I lost a 60 sized P51 over it. Push came to shove and I wound up with a 300 credit on tower for a new plane.. Try doing that with Hobby King.

Originally Posted by tomgreen
I just wanted to say that I ordered A orange receiver from Hobby King Hong Kong. It took 11 days from the time I placed the order to the knock on the door by the post office. To me that's pretty good

Last edited by jgracco; 08-25-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Dick T.

Pretty hard to beat Tower's Customer Service. By looking at their Scratch & Dent items I will say they follow a very liberal return/credit policy. Many returned items are missing parts or are partially assembled. I'm certain they weren't delivered to the customer that way but they take items back anyway.

HK's return policy isn't quite that liberal but they will replace or credit if followed. Noticed they now say items can be returned to ANY of their locations so if anyone is being told otherwise by HK remind them of their written Refund Policy.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:08 PM
GSAV8R
My Feedback: (79)

Hey Jim, if you want to get rid of the boat, I will trade a one legged duck for it. The duck can't walk, but he can swim in a perfect circle. That would be something to see in your pool!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:09 PM
jgracco

I wrote and they told me SOL on the Rx unit. Not sure what to say there. it was 38 bucks... would I buy another one? Hmm probably not. it is too much money to flush especially when I know that the other manufacturers stand behind their products. HK does not make this stuff. They are middle men just like the others. So no in this case I would not buy another. As for returning it. I bought this through a local hobby store and was told no way then I wrote to HK and they said no can do you buy another one.. I think they are good for stuff that wont break like screws and wire.. just like harbor freight.. as long as you stay with stuff like ratchets and extensions and rugged stuff you are fine but their other electrical stuff is spotty...

Originally Posted by Dick T.
Pretty hard to beat Tower's Customer Service. By looking at their Scratch & Dent items I will say they follow a very liberal return/credit policy. Many returned items are missing parts or are partially assembled. I'm certain they weren't delivered to the customer that way but they take items back anyway.

HK's return policy isn't quite that liberal but they will replace or credit if followed. Noticed they now say items can be returned to ANY of their locations so if anyone is being told otherwise by HK remind them of their written Refund Policy.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:04 PM
crashsoftly
My Feedback: (6)

I have had 1 problem with HK in the US western warehouse it was on a battery with 1 bad cell. I use PayPal but I use my credit card to pay so I just called my credit card company and told them the problem and they charged it back to them when i was on the phone.That is the only problem I have had and I have bought thousands of dollar of stuff from them for myself and others. I live in Montana and I get my stuff in 3 or 4 days every time. You just have to be careful on how you pay I think credit card is the best for me anyway to deal with HK.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:31 PM
PLANE JIM

Last edited by PLANE JIM; 08-30-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:54 PM
PLANE JIM

Old 08-25-2014, 03:56 PM
PLANE JIM

Old 08-26-2014, 12:28 PM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gents, lets tone the discussion down a bit please.
you can agree to disagree but the personal attacks need to stop now.
thanks for your continued support.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:48 AM
topspin

Originally Posted by Dick T.

All I can say is Hobby King seems to have a very complex set of rules that one must follow in order to get a refund or other compensation. No other company that I deal with, either here or overseas has such complex rules and policies. Normally if I have a problem with a product a single phone call or email is all it takes. I tried to return a couple of defective Lipo batteries to the US warehouse and was told I would have to send them to Hong Kong. Suffice to say they went into the circular file and I found other, better sources for batteries at similar prices like within a dollar per. Not bad at all considering these companies will actually replace them with no hassles.

My take on HK's return and refund rules is they are designed to confound the customer not to help them.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:35 AM
Dick T.

If that occurred recently I would have reminded them of their written return policy and insisted on credit or replacement before trashing the LiPos. May or ay not have helped.

Their policy does not seem any more onerous than many other vendors but some will definitely be easier to work with. As to other sources there are many that are closing in on HK pricing for some products. Nice to have a variety of sources in our hobby marketplace.

Tower Hobbies and Hobby People are my primary online sources. LHS for Horizon since they are overloaded with their products but little from other distributors.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:27 PM
PLANE JIM

Last edited by PLANE JIM; 08-30-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:13 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Jim, I am going to miss our arguments about Hobby Krap. Are you sure you won't reconsider your opinion about them?

Frank
Old 08-28-2014, 11:25 AM
PLANE JIM

Last edited by PLANE JIM; 08-30-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.