Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 01:56 PM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

I am glad I waited.

Last edited by donnyman; 05-19-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:50 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

I registered and got refunded, so no monetary loss. Next, waiting to see it rescinded in the US Government Printing Office publication, change to FAA and other Government regulations.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:23 PM
falcon_56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if this had anything to do with the sudden decay of the Hobby business in the last year or so.

I hope they finally realized that a scale model of a P51 airplane, made out of balsa wood, and flown remotedly at a club is not a drone as they perceive what a drone is.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:58 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

I still say that multirotors that can be flown FPV should be in its own classification from what our planes are instead of lumping them all in together. Those are the damned things that started this whole mess.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:39 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

I agree with acdii!
Old 05-20-2017, 01:03 AM
the pope

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
I agree with acdii!
I dont just cause he's a a-hole !
Old 05-20-2017, 03:34 AM
donnyman

The good news has been flashed all over the place, for now the FAA has been chastised. but be warned, the powers that be thrive on the power they posess and vigorously horde and protect it.

Oddly enough their are those that think we the people should be subjects of the governing entities when quite the opposite is what this country was founded on.

I ask, What is the true reason for governing bodies? ............... If you can't answer promptly you are subject to be put into a position of servitude. the "government is to serve the people" not control them. The government works "for us" not at or to us.

I have a associate that believes the GOV. should not provide health care. If he is correct what should they provide? more bombs, police to control the populace? deny funds to our schools? make the rich richer? permit illegal aliens to receive benefits when our citizens can't? it is odd to think a country as impoverish as CUBA can provide healthcare for all and do it better than us.

In these times of terrorism we must protect our citizens with vigor or pay the consequenses. If you rely on those in the GOV. to provide the rules then you have to live by whatever they feel is best for you, but they are not any more intelligent than you and need your guidance.

One need not have to look very hard to see the greed and power mongering prevelent in this country. self interest is going to destroy what is a fantastic nation ................think about it!
Old 05-20-2017, 06:18 AM
donnyman

Hey guys, It's a moist kinda rainy day here and my wife actually asked me to work in my shop so she could watch her videos un interrupted. which is a situation that I can't resist so all aside I'll be in my shop if you want me.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:05 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Talking about moist and rainy, where I live in Mandeville we have not seen the sun in the last 5 days as we have been having almost non stop heavy rain showers. The sun is trying it's best to peep out this morning but the weatherman predicts more rain for the weekend for the majority of the island.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:35 AM
rt3232

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all do to global warming and the rain is not going to stop till next Thursday hear in fly over land

But I am getting a lot of shop time

Cheers Bob T
Old 05-20-2017, 10:20 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Yep, and the FAA is already working up a to wiggle out of it. Here is there official response. Which to me reads that they and their lawyers are all scrambling to try and find a way to make what they have already done stick and still abide by the court ruling and the Congressional law. That's what got me in the first place when they brought all this down was that the FAA went directly against what Congress told them to do.

Here's another thread on RCU that is discussing the same issue in the AMA forum if you are interested.

Ken
Old 05-20-2017, 04:20 PM
acdii

That does it pope, no more for you.

Hey Donny, I'll take the rain, it's the Tornado that rolled through here a few days ago that I can do without.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:32 PM
the pope

No more wat ?
Old 05-20-2017, 08:47 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

It's forecast to be a fine day here with 9 mph (15kph) winds, think I'll get the BE2 out.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:22 AM
GallopingGhostler

Originally Posted by RCKen
Yep, and the FAA is already working up a to wiggle out of it. Here is there official response. Which to me reads that they and their lawyers are all scrambling to try and find a way to make what they have already done stick and still abide by the court ruling and the Congressional law. That's what got me in the first place when they brought all this down was that the FAA went directly against what Congress told them to do.
If FAA appeals to SCOTUS, it could be overruled, or nullified by regulation rewrite. It's why I'm retaining my registration until I find positive proof through the US Government Printing Office of this change being implemented.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:14 AM
acdii

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
It's forecast to be a fine day here with 9 mph (15kph) winds, think I'll get the BE2 out.
Lucky you. 17 MPH sustained winds here, and it has been raining for days so soft ground on top of the wind makes for no flying. More rain for the next three days is in the forecast, and rain next weekend.

Hoping to get my Rascal 168 finished in the next week and have it flown and trimmed prior to the SIG Flyin, but if the weather doesn't cooperate I will be doing my first flying of the year at SIG!
Old 05-21-2017, 09:52 AM
donnyman

To the administrator...................... Please have a look the the smiley face menu it is malselecting or something and messing up my post.....Thanks!
Old 05-21-2017, 10:11 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

It turned out to be rather more windy than was forecast. Several beginners turned up but we managed to get them airborne on 40-46 sized trainers so generally a good day was had by all.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:17 AM
donnyman

With all this crazy weather madness I have been able to put in some serious shop time, and have been collecting all my old radios to dispose of them, I have two radios that will handle up to 40+ planes so no need for all these radio sets.
my intent is to give them to people new to the hobby at our contest to get them started as opposed to trashing them.

My old trusty trainer plane (goldberg eagle 63) will be the testbed for my new radio and as soon as I am comfortable with it, The radio will become my mainstay, so I am preparing for that. Without my knowing my flying buddy bought me a frsky 16 channel receiver and has it at his house so I will be in the air much sooner than anticipated. (was gonna put a smiley face here but the options not working for me)

Now, as far as the FAA is concerned I will do as I have always done - Ignore them - they went against a congressional ruling, If they can defy the rules----- so can I.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:49 AM
GallopingGhostler

Originally Posted by the pope
No more wat[t] ?
Why I'm a glow engine guy.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:15 AM
acdii

Hey Donny, that is a great idea!

As far as fAA, since I want to fly at a forest preserve field, they require an FAA ID, so that is why I got one, however, it will be interesting to see if I will still need it when I go if for the permit. If they ask I will present them with the ruling that it is no longer required.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:26 AM
FlyerInOKC

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts
Thumbs up

The local AFB had an air show this weekend so I took No. 3 grandson. I took him by the display from a local college I think he might have added this one to his future list, that's him in the photo. What you think budding pilot material?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr James Air Show.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	2216300  
Old 05-22-2017, 07:13 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by donnyman
To the administrator...................... Please have a look the the smiley face menu it is malselecting or something and messing up my post.....Thanks!
Donnyman,
Can you be a little more specific about what's going on. Do you have a specific post that you are referring to that was messed up?? If so could you please give me a link to it so that I can take a look at it so that I can figure out what's going on?

Ken
Old 05-23-2017, 03:50 AM
donnyman

Ken
I was referring to post 4583 ....that frown wasn't intended and it doesn't match the frown from the upper smiley bar selection.....................what happened to the smiley selection box that used to appear? I may have goofed or am a bit confused so ?????? sorry I can't be of more use . if you find nothing let it go until I have a problem..............................THANKS!

Oh yea is there any other smileys available ? they are a lot of fun.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:25 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by donnyman
Ken
I was referring to post 4583 ....that frown wasn't intended and it doesn't match the frown from the upper smiley bar selection.....................what happened to the smiley selection box that used to appear? I may have goofed or am a bit confused so ?????? sorry I can't be of more use . if you find nothing let it go until I have a problem..............................THANKS!

Oh yea is there any other smileys available ? they are a lot of fun.
Donnyman,
Ok, here is the best that I can figure out for you. First off all, a little bit of background on how smiley's work. When you typing out a message and you insert a smiley into your text all the system does is actually insert special sets of text. These sets of text are then read by the system and then it inserts the appropriate smiley face when it displays your message in the thread. You can try it yourself by typing out a colon and a right parenthesis mark. When the message is displayed it should show up as a simply smiley face. So now that we have the basics down. My best guess to what happened is that when you were typing out your message you accidentally put out the characters that dropped that frowning face into your message.

Hope this helps

Ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.