Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Horizon service

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Donairplane
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horizon service

Well guys Horizon did it again! Sent in my five year old Hangar 9 Digital variable load voltmeter for repair and received
a new in the package unit free and free shipping! How can you beat that! Tell us your story!

Cheers,
Don
Old 04-30-2015, 03:49 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had the same experience!
Old 05-01-2015, 04:32 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Overall very good. Since their change in ownership you might see some complaints from people but they are the exception, not the rule. I contacted them after the purchase of the Carbon Z cub. I noted that the motor in the plane was clearly used and asked them about it. The can had scratches and gouges on it, as well as some black goop on it. The vortex generator strips were also out of the bag, and were really twisted/distorted (looked like a bow). I opened a ticket, and sent pics in. The wrote back asking for pics.

I sent them again, waited a few days and got a response. The said to use a razor to trim the vortex pieces. As for the motor, nope..that was brand new, never used! Yes, some will look like that. I called and spoke with a CSR, they basically said the same thing. That was as bizzare a conversation as I'd had with a Hobby King live help person. I said whatever...the motor worked. And this had been purchased directly from them too, not a local HS.

They are still #1 or #2 behind Tower in terms of service though.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:19 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

I have had nothing but stellar service from Horizon-everything from engines to radio concerns-#1 for me.

1. RF deck went south in a six year old 9303-repaired at n/c and sent back to me.
2. Knocked a new G62 off the bench before install -broke case. Sent to Horizon with a short note explaining that I had knocked if off the bench and ask for estimate-got new engine shipped to me at n/c unannounced in less than 10 days.
3. Dropped a DX7 on the rocks at flying field-cracked screen-replace radio case for $38.00 had it back in two weeks