Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Axle Al
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

topspin is the kind of guy I would like to fly with a fair minded man also you can't beat a dead horse but it looks like you can still get some information out of one. Thank You balsadust for answering my question about the AMA
Old 06-15-2015, 12:49 PM
balsadust74
My Feedback: (3)

Your welcome Axle Al. I also believe Condor stopped the complaint when he learned that Flex Innovations paid for his new air frame.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Axle Al
My Feedback: (25)

Originally Posted by topspin
We have a small group of self proclaimed elite flyers at our field. These guys assume ownership and expect everyone else to bugger off when they are doing their thing. All of us, with the exception of the elite group announce take offs and landings. We also get out of the way when someone is taking off or landing but mostly we share the field and the air above it in friendly fashion, not so the hot shots. Last fall I was flying a very old GWS P-40 that was upgraded to 550 watts and retracts, quite a good performer. Anyway I called out Landing Right to Left loudly but the head hotshot took off right into me. He was flying a 1/3 scale Cap 232 and just totaled my plane. He got really cranked and even though there was no damage to his plane he acted like it was my fault. Fortunately about four other member came to my defense, even one of his butt buddies told him I called landing. He actually tried to lecture me but I guess he decided discretion was the better part of valor when he realized I was irritated.

The funny part is that I really didn't care much about the plane, it gave me an excuse to build something new and none of the electronics were damaged although I don't use that receiver anymore just to be on the safe side. So Yeah, we have butt plugs at our field also, they are in every hobby.
This kind off story I think is more common than known. This Joe Nall intrusion has shown that. I still say the AMA mag should have a column. If they can't or won't talk about it then what? Next to the quad/drone thing this may be the biggest issue to RC modeling. I say again that it's a rotten thing to have happen to you on your flying day and it's done by rotten people that don't deserve respect
Old 06-22-2015, 07:36 AM
Pecanpatch

Originally Posted by balsadust74
I am sorry I am late to the party here, I am the pilot of the second airplane that was lost, my plane struck Quique's plane. Due to Quique and David's planes hovering on a flight line where hovering isn't permitted on previous passes my spotter instructed me to take evasive turns or pull up out of the pattern to avoid the two hovering planes. At the time my plane hit Quique's plane I was 25 feet in front of flight station #2 flying toward flight station #3 between 25-30' from the ground. I was in the pattern flying a straight fly by, my spotter had requested that the two hovering planes move to the middle of the pattern. After the mid air my plane fell about 30' in front of flight station #3. After picking up the parts of my plane, I had hopped to have a calm debrief with Quique but his friend/other pilot David Ribbe started pointing his finger at me saying, "it's his fault he was flying though the center of the pattern where we are suppose to hover." (Keep in mind, no hovering is permitted) So much for a calm debrief or any hope of getting a sorry, or let me replace your plane. The conversation went down hit fast. I have flown with Fred a couple of times but don't profess to know him well, but I don't believe he was trying to defame Quique or David. I could be wrong but I feel that after having conversations with these men, who were arrogant on unapologetic for their role in the events, plus several attempts to contact them going unanswered, Fred was trying to get them to be stand up gentile men, which I am please to report they have in Fred's case. Regarding my loss, to my knowledge they haven't taken any action but I was unable to get in touch with FMS today for confirmation. Bottom line, every time you fly your plane you are taking a risk that it will not return in the same condition it departed the earth in, I did everything I could do to keep my plane safe except for listening to my gut which told me to stand down because of the other pilots and their disregard to anyone else attempting to fly. If a cordial conversation happened after the mid air and hey I am sorry about your airplane would have happened I would have been content. That isn't what happened and I don't feel that Quique or David should get a pass and people look other other way because of who they are. If I messed up and didn't own up to it I know people wouldn't look the other way for me and don't expect them too. I hope that everyone will learn something from this and that the staff at Joe Nall will work toward providing a safer environment to fly in. Hopefully everyone will be able to sit down and laugh about this next year at Nall.

Sincerly,

Gavin Woodruff
Well Said Gavin,
Wow , what a thread! I dont know if 3D is allowed or not on the E-line...... But I do know there is a 3D area at the Venue! Go do 3D there!
I will say this........ I was flying in the pattern on a down wind and out of no where collided with a Brand new extreme Flight prototype model.... he was not hovering ..... This was my 82" twin engined wing...It sheered his wing off and down he went...... My surf board of a wing , stalled, spun and recovered.... My spotter was making me laugh by sayin "way to freakin Go Marko, give us a Friggin victory roll".
Neither one of us Pilots spoke to each other...... it was just one of those things...... My plane won...... If Chris Hinson is poppin in here , Sorry Sir!
Lets get back to the fun folks........ come try out SEFF in April

Last edited by Pecanpatch; 06-22-2015 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:59 AM
balsadust74
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks Marko