Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Tru Turn customer service sucks

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Tru Turn customer service sucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tru Turn customer service, is there any?

I have to say after buying their stuff for years, I finally bought something that totally disapointed me. I purchased a prop adapter, and the shaft was advertised as 5/16th, but it was machined several thousandths undersize @ .3095". The supplied spinner adapter was machined a few thousandths oversize @ .3140" so it actually fits sloppy on the shaft with .004+ plus clearance. The high dollar spinner also bought at the same time cannot run true like this. I am experiencing enough vibration to effect the Ax3s reciever. They appear to not want to do anything about it. The adapter in question is used to center the spinner on the shaft.

Last edited by Iflyglow; 08-21-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:48 PM
JCOKEEFE
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Truturn may not want to be in the rc business any longer. Fat and happy??
Old 08-21-2015, 07:32 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I sure hope that doesn't happen.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:45 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They probably see that it's been used and they can't repackage it and resell it to some other poor unsuspecting buyer. It's ashame that they can't accept the fact that they screwed up and just replace the thing! Sheesh....it's not like a spinner costs them so much to make anyway.

It seems like one good possible way around a manufacturer with poor customer service is to buy the product from a large reputable dealer if you can, like Tower Hobbies. (if they carry the product you're looking for)
But, my bad habit is that even when buying from Tower, Amazon, Ebay, etc. I often hold a new product in it's package too long and past the warranty period before trying it......so it would be nice if a company would do the right thing and accept the product back at ANYTIME realizing the product was never right.

As a state licensed tradesmen, I go to continuing education class every year. The teacher always reminds us to do the job right from the start. His question to the class is: How long are you legally responsible for a job when it was done improperly from the start? The answer; Forever!!
Old 08-27-2015, 05:45 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use to deal with TT as well and they were great. But it seems as though something has changed drastically, before I could have a spinner made at a reasonable cost but now the last one I got quoted for was ridiculously over priced. I personally think they have quit manufacturing and hired it out. Now, the stuff is not of the same quality and if it is not listed you probably can't afford it.