Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Classifieds question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 07:17 AM
Hawkeye
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classifieds question

I got an email from RCU stating the credit card on file for the site has expired and I need to update my info before I can go to the marketplace ads. So I go to update my cc info and a window opens stating RCU no longer accepts credit cards. My other option is to use Paypal or downgrade my status to "Market Authorized". If I downgrade, will I be able to sell anything on the site? I'm not sure, so I click on the Paypal option and I see that RCU "strongly recommends" I deposit $10.00 - $50.00 to my account so I can take advantage of ad enhancements. Over the years, I have sold two to three dozen items on RCU, mostly NIB kits and I have never used ad enhancements, not even once. Now the problem I have with this is I am not able to proceed without depositing at least $10.00 Right now I cannot even view other members ads until I either make a non-refundable deposit or downgrade.
The RCU ads have been free, and still are. I've been a member for over a dozen years and when I want to sell a kit, I usually sell it here instead of on Ebay. I'm torn between making a $10.00 deposit I know I will never get any value from, or not being able to sell here. I know $10.00 is not a large amount, but it is just the principle of it. Anyone else in this same situation?
…Steve
Old 02-14-2016, 07:37 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Yes, you can still sell, I'm at that level, you are just limited to two free pictures per ad,, no way I was ever giving RCU my CC or PP info

p.s.
Down grade now so you can use the site,, you can always upgrade later if you want to

good luck

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 02-14-2016 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:17 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Whatever you do do not use ebay.
I sold a TX and the buyer claimed it was full of dirt and scratched all over.It had just been returned from the distributor where the case was
replaced.
Ebay took the money out of my bank via paypal and returned it to the buyer who never sent the TX back
Ebay then billed me for selling my TX. I refused to pay and they sent it to a debt collector.
I no longer deal with ebay or paypal
Old 02-14-2016, 08:27 AM
Hawkeye
My Feedback: (27)

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll just downgrade for now. I'm glad I can still sell stuff occasionally.