Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Tower Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 07:43 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Another sign that Top Flight is gone. Got another wish list delete email. The dummy radial engine is no longer available. Glad I got one when I did. For the most part, my wish list is gone, so guess no more TH orders from me. Whatever other items I need I can get from my LHS or HK. Unless I want a new Saito that I can't find at a swap, I wont be buying from HH either.

HH go ahead and keep pushing real builders away, at some point ARF sales will crash and you will have nothing. There are those of us who have bought ARF, only to find that no parts are kept in stock, and then the model is quickly discontinued leaving us high and dry. No more from me, that's for sure.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:56 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

I don't take quite as dismal an approach. It is what it is, if I find something at a good price at Tower will go for it, but I am not limited to HH OR TH. Regarding support, that is something that is long gone, AFAIK. I learned early on to do my own repairs and improvise as required. I just make do. Besides, when I am gone, I can't take any of it with me.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:09 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Other than Saito's, neither have anything left to offer that I can't get elsewhere. I just hope some company picks up the Top Flight and Goldberg/GP lines and starts producing again. Will be a historic shame if those kits are lost forever, like Pica and Byron.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:18 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

I was surprised I received a notification a OS part had come back in stock.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:59 AM
BalsaGhost

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
I just hope some company picks up the Top Flight and Goldberg/GP lines and starts producing again. Will be a historic shame if those kits are lost forever, like Pica and Byron.

But out now we can buy a PNP foamie that gets dinged with the slightest touch, has no intertia in flight, and can fly 8 minutes before needing a recharge!

For the record, I’ve got a few of those foamies, but it feels like a different hobby compared to kit building and fuel powered wooden aircraft.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:22 AM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tower has gone to the dogs, I used to buy from them because of the discount coupons but now everything I want it says coupons cannot be used for this item! I guess I will look else where for my needs and it won't be tower and Horizons.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:00 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Waco
Tower has gone to the dogs,.
Don't insult dogs. LOL
Old 11-26-2018, 08:33 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Looks like the pups have really taken to the snow.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:50 AM
nomis38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anymore i mainly use amazon anyway, but im with ya, 7 out of 10 times i go to tower to get something its out of stock