Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Propeller assistance needed please

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Propeller assistance needed please

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 02:08 PM
JGalt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Propeller assistance needed please

Please forgive if this is the wrong place to ask this. I am assembling a Tower Hobbies Vista BL Electric glider and have a problem with installing the propeller. The directions are unclear. It says to slide the collet onto the motor shaft which I did. It seems to stop at an indentation on the shaft which is good to allow for the 1/16' space needed. Then it says install the prop and backplate. I can tighten the prop nut as tight as I can make it and the prop will still slide off with a strong pull. The prop adapter is a Great Planes Electrifly #GPMQ4965 Motor Shaft Collet 1/4x28 Output Shaft. Please advise.
Many thanks!
John

Last edited by JGalt; 06-11-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:04 AM
JGalt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: I didn't get a reply so what the heck, I decided to use force. It turns out, the nut was frozen on the collet and had a small gap and that was the problem. I used a vice and adjustable wrench to separated the two pieces. Everything was cleaned and reassembled. The collet hunkered down quite well and problem solved. Just shared this in case any other newbie has the same issue.
John