Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Tower Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2022, 09:54 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tower Hobbies

Man, talk about not a good day. I bought my son real flight for Christmas. I have been running them since it was new, had all the versions. Now it switched to a steam version, and I can't get it to work at all. I called all the numbers I have, been dealing with them since they started business and was a great planes account for my hobby shop for years. Now, they have no numbers, you can't call them. The only way to talk is through the chat on their website. Totally inefficient. Been working for a long time and have gotten no where with them, but the ARE YOU STILL THERE light has come on many times while waiting for the guy to get back to me. I think my days of using Tower are over. I use many now, but they have always been my go to when I need to restock the shop for a build. There are many companies that want business. Sucks that they destroyed this company! It was great for so many years.
Old 12-28-2022, 08:35 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYBOY
Man, talk about not a good day. I bought my son real flight for Christmas. I have been running them since it was new, had all the versions. Now it switched to a steam version, and I can't get it to work at all. I called all the numbers I have, been dealing with them since they started business and was a great planes account for my hobby shop for years. Now, they have no numbers, you can't call them. The only way to talk is through the chat on their website. Totally inefficient. Been working for a long time and have gotten no where with them, but the ARE YOU STILL THERE light has come on many times while waiting for the guy to get back to me. I think my days of using Tower are over. I use many now, but they have always been my go to when I need to restock the shop for a build. There are many companies that want business. Sucks that they destroyed this company! It was great for so many years.
Our standards for many things reached a high point after WWII
It doesn't take much detective work to see why our society is in decline....just a willingness to accept the ugly truth as to how it happened.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:08 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I quite Tower many moons ago and had a beef with Horizon well before they bought Tower. Since there are so many cottage web shops available and many of the major suppliers like Dubro sell direct, I don't need them. Amazon has been a better one stop shop.

Society expectations for service are in the toilet and these web based subscriptions for software are painful. I use a $20K software program for work that has gone subscription based and just like Real Flight, there is no one to call except when the problem is elevated after hours of web based troubleshooting with some chat Bot, then I'm put into a calling cue and end up getting a call at 2am in the morning from some funny talking voice that sounds like a cat being sucked into a jet engine. In order for my software to work, I have to pay $2400 a year for this crap. And all the software companies are the same.

And they say life is improving with technology.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:14 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sadly, this is what we see more and more often with many businesses as they look for ways to cut costs. My personal experience is that often customer service in the hobby doesn't exist and you are forced to go to online forums and social media sites to talk with other modelers and figure it out yourself. I have recently tried to talk with two long established RC businesses- In both instances I couldn't get through on phone so I used their "contact us" forms where you tell them what you need and wait for a response. In both cases I never heard a peep from them- it's like they totally ignore it.

I hold these businesses accountable but, to be fair, I think it's a product of margin pressures as they are look for ways to cut costs and remain profitable. Making money in this hobby is a tough proposition.