Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

ESM Zero re Maiden flight

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2023, 05:14 AM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default ESM Zero re Maiden flight

Yesterday, 5/10/23, we had a great time at our club, Borinquen RC club in Sabana Seca, Toa Baja, Puerto Rico.

Ricky Rivera, one of our past president's, was re maidening an ESM Zero that has gone thru various hands. Initially it was purchased by Ricky for his son some 10 years ago, then it was sold to another member and finally returned to Ricky once more. The re maiden had its issues and it was attempted in various days, but always something came up. Ricky was about to give the Zero away due to the many problems he confronted.

Finally yesterday, after it faced another problem and the plane was back in Rick's car to return home, Rafa Badillo and myself kidnap the Zero and fixed the problem it had with the fuel lines and got the fuel tank full and the engine was adjusted. Every thing seemed to be ready to go but the gremlins attacked once more. The Zero did confront additional problems with a Flap failed servo. The flap linkage was removed and the flap taped to the wing,

Finally Ricky asked me to give the Zero its re maiden since he thought he was jinxed, I do think him or the plane are jinxed. We taxied the Zero for a 2nd time to the runway and gunned the throttle. The Zero flew very well. It did have a very sensitive elevator and the retract was leaking air. Half thru the flight the landing gear had to be dropped to insure a safe landing. Did I forget to tell you the wind Gods were confabulating also. There was a fully crosswind to insure the landing was not uneventful.

Finally the plane flew, Ricky went home with a to do list so all the gremlins were put to sleep. Rafa captured the historic event in a simple but very nice and unplanned video.

Here it is,

The following users liked this post:
Big Alice (05-13-2023)