Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

RCU Needs an RC CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT Forum

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RCU Needs an RC CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 03:48 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RCU Needs an RC CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT Forum

Hello! I've been a member of the RCU rc tank forum for many years. Recently I've started getting interested in rc construction equipment and have even purchased a 1/14 scale rc DXR2 dozer (that I'm having an ABSOLUTE BLAST with!) There is so many different construction vehicles in 1/14 scale: dozers, excavators, dump trucks, cranes, scrapers, backhoes, forklifts, lowboys, etc.!

RC construction equipment (usually 1/14 scale) is EXPLODING all over the world especially here in the U.S. and the only forum/info available for it is a few small facebook groups or just youtube videos. There needs to be a central forum for the growing 1/14 equipment enthusiasts.

RCU has major forums for practically everything rc so RCU ought to have a site for the GROWING rc construction equipment following because this hobby is taking off and equipment owners needs a central forum location to meet and RCU is Perfect for it!

Mike

Last edited by Old MSgt; 06-15-2023 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:34 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

maybe a piggy-back sub forum with R/C tanks, as a start.
just to see if there is enough interest left at RCU to justify a separate forum.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:40 AM
Old MSgt

Piggy-back on the rc tank forum? The tank forum hasn't been it's 'own' forum for very long so putting an 'RC Construction Equipment' on that wouldn't go over too good with the rc tank guys. That'd be the same as putting it under rc Monster Trucks, rc Buggys, rc Airplanes, rc Motorcycles, etc...

I'm just saying the rc construction equipment is REALLY gaining followers that's why I thought I'd ask. If there was a forum for it I would spread the word but I guess this was a BAD idea so I'll end this question before it even starts.

Construction equipment is different from the other rc interests. This dozer I have is metal, weighs 65 pounds, and the hydraulics run at 312 psi. I've never bogged it down because the tracks keep churning even when the blade is full. It is a BEAST for it's size.

I check the rc tank forum 3-8 times a day because that forum is pretty busy. I have rc tanks (1/16 and 1/6 Armorteks) so I rely on RCU a lot. I thought I'd like to also check an 'RC Construction Equipment' forum on here too. I'll just keep looking at the few threads on youtube, FB, and a couple others to get information. Thanks.

Last edited by Old MSgt; 06-15-2023 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:09 PM
mongo

my point was,

this site is rather dead, already, and there is probably not enough traffic to support a fledgling forum, until someone gets the word out that it is here and available, and convinces folks that an old bulletin board type forum is the best place to discuss and trade information about construction equipment.
The following users liked this post:
init4fun (03-24-2024)
Old 06-15-2023, 03:23 PM
Old MSgt

I'm old I guess. I've used RCU for so long I've always relied on it as THE forum to share and communicate information.

I didn't realize this kind of forum is dead and going under so fast... and I don't like the 'new' ways very much.

I'll delete this thread when I can figure out how to do it. Thanks for undating me.
Old 06-15-2023, 06:39 PM
mongo

i don't like the "new" ways much either.

i don't think that 68 makes me old, yet, but i am getting there.

from what i see, R/C Tanks, R/C Jets and maybe 2 others are the only things keeping this place from being a ghost town these days, definitely not the vibrant thriving community it was back in 02 when i signed on here.
Old 06-19-2023, 01:27 PM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Have you done anything to make it better????? ......................................... why not?
Old 06-26-2023, 05:55 AM
Old MSgt

You were absolutely right mongo. I've had RC Cars as one of my favorites on FB for years. Never really paid attention to it but happen to look at it today and it's practically ALL rc construction equipment on there! Tractor trailers, dump trucks, excavators, dozers, EVERYTHING.

But the reason I strongly stick with RCU is because it's 'slower' and keeps posts going as long as there's interest and posts can be looked up easily. FB posts are fleeting and if you don't catch'em every day you won't see'em.

I'm sticking with the RCU tank forum because it constant and will occasionally glance at the FB RC Cars with passing interest.
Old 06-26-2023, 09:03 AM
mongo

i closed out the FB membership 2-3 years ago, and do not miss it at all.

actually was only a member there for 3 or so years.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:21 AM
flyboy2610
My Feedback: (1)

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
i closed out the FB membership 2-3 years ago, and do not miss it at all.

actually was only a member there for 3 or so years.
Same here. Life is good, now!
Old 06-26-2023, 12:35 PM
mongo

Originally Posted by Old MSgt
You were absolutely right mongo. I've had RC Cars as one of my favorites on FB for years. Never really paid attention to it but happen to look at it today and it's practically ALL rc construction equipment on there! Tractor trailers, dump trucks, excavators, dozers, EVERYTHING.

But the reason I strongly stick with RCU is because it's 'slower' and keeps posts going as long as there's interest and posts can be looked up easily. FB posts are fleeting and if you don't catch'em every day you won't see'em.

I'm sticking with the RCU tank forum because it constant and will occasionally glance at the FB RC Cars with passing interest.
you can sorta mention that you are easy to find on the rcu tank forum, and willing to talk about construction equipment, and maybe some of the FB folk will come to here to talk in a more uninterrupted fashion...
Old 07-12-2023, 06:28 PM
mongo

did you see the construction equipment forum that they have on the motion r/c site, hobby squawk?
Old 12-21-2023, 12:48 AM
Pop Alexandra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
did you see the construction equipment forum that they have on the motion r/c site, hobby squawk?
I just looked it up. Quite a lot of options there.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:51 AM
Shannonadams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To address the growing interest in 1/14 scale RC construction equipment, RCU should consider establishing a dedicated forum to cater to enthusiasts of this niche. Such a forum would provide a centralized platform for owners to connect, share information, and discuss various aspects of their hobby, including topics like Industrial extraction system design. This initiative would fill a gap in the current online landscape, which primarily consists of scattered Facebook groups and YouTube channels, offering enthusiasts a more organized and comprehensive community hub within the RCU platform.