Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

hey guys newbi here hope im welcome just a few questions and love to chat a little

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

hey guys newbi here hope im welcome just a few questions and love to chat a little

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 04:22 AM
toe1111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey guys newbi here hope im welcome just a few questions and love to chat a little

hey guys im new here to the hobby also ive been playing around with the foamies and getting way over the wl toys line especially the yellow j3 cub i swear the make that plastic prop spindle so weak on purpose and charge 3x more for it ive since put a difrent engine and prop saver on, but any way please excuse my English spelling and lack of grammar i grew up fairly disadvantaged and all this great stuff was only accessible to me at an older age including education so i apologise in advance,

ive made a few big leaps adnd probably a bit further than i thought but anyway ive bought myself a k&b 20 aero glow motor and i also got a 7.5cc SC motor that appears almost new and has so much compresion its so hard to crank wide open by hand,
but i really really really want to build some balsa wood planes,
and i like the simple stic design i bought the little stick 580mm balsa kit and im kind of hoping i could just double the size in the printer or something to scale it up for templates for a stick to use my little k and b motor but this little one will just be electric ,
ive bought a flysky i6 adfs2 transmitter the ia6 receiver and a nx4 six axis flight controller wich im really looking forward to as its got the sensitivity adjustments and 5 levels of practice from what i read
but i also find im strugling alot with all the conversions ect like the motor sizes for example to me a 40cc engine is a chainsaw and a hefty one at that ,
so i had to lern its actually 0.40cu , thats cubic inches isnt it and has no relation to CC cubic centimetres but it seems easyer for sombody once to to just call it that and must of stuck lol well frustrating but getting there
i got a training simulator and the correct plugs for the computer when its to windy or the magpies are bullying me lol they hate my yellow planes for some reason fine with camo,

the giant stic is just to big and daunting at this point to utilize the bigger 45 engine
but i wass wondering if any of you guys could offER any advice on running the k and b motor ?
im hearing only 5% nitro and big props so they dont go over 10-12thou rpm and they like rich mixtures
and im sorry if im sounding demanding i really dont want to come across that way!
but say i build the stick with a 1.2mt wingspan without going into loading and precise calculations what size tank would you recomend just to get me going and is it worth buying plan sets im finding it hard to find detailed sets online and would love the plans for the 30,40 and 60 stic planes or dancing wings im seeing them refured to aswell but have detailed instructions i can work from pictures extremely well most importantly its the balsa shopping list as ive got no clue what i need as in thickness or sheet size ect a little table saw be nice also but the dremel will help thank you so much guys and girls and look forward to eagerly awaiting your responses
Old 09-27-2023, 05:56 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Moved from Classified ads to Clubhouse.
Old 10-15-2023, 04:21 AM
mormage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're on the right track with your K&B motor. For a 1.2m wingspan, a 6-8 oz fuel tank should work. Plans and building guides are valuable. You can find balsa wood thickness and sizes in those plans. And a training simulator is a smart move for practice. Enjoy your new hobby!
Old 10-15-2023, 08:29 AM
mgnostic

Received 86 Likes on 74 Posts

The K&B .20 will like an 8 to 9 inch prop diameter (20 to 22 cm.) The owners guide is available as a free download on the MECOA website. If the 7.5 cc seems tight it may not be broken in yet. The first few engine runs are important to the life of the engine. It will need several runs of just letting the engine run long enough to warm up and then cooling completely back down. There are more detailed guides to breaking in an engine on this website. As for building there are any number of "build threads" where people describe the assembly of their airplanes. Reading through some of these can give you an idea of what you are getting into.