Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Why did you do it??!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 09:48 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did you do it??!!

When someone asks a question here on RCUnivers, or anywhere else for that matter, why do you give those damn sarcastic answers when it is obvious that the person asking the question is inexperienced?

Take a few steps back to the time before you "knew it all" and try to recall how you felt when that was done to you.

S T O P I T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Cottrell
Old 05-04-2002, 10:07 PM
RGM
My Feedback: (5)

'Nuff said. Thank you sir
Old 05-05-2002, 12:57 AM
Flying Scotsman

Default Well Said CAPtain!

Sometimes, I don't want to post a question because someone WILL ALWAYS post something sarcastic. I suppose they feel that they can hide behind the keyboard. It still ruins the purpose of the forum.

Anyway, although saying that....this is the best resource I have come across to ask questions (although my fellow club members also give great advice)
Old 05-05-2002, 01:10 AM
Blackie

I have asked quite a few questions and have yet to be bashed. I thought this forum overall was quite nice. *shrugs*

Randy
Old 05-05-2002, 11:32 AM
AirGar
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds as though you saw a couple of "sarcastic" replies, and now your categorizing the whole bunch of us!

STOP IT!!

Gary
Old 05-05-2002, 12:25 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys...if somebody posts an attack or sarcastic comment please click the "report post to moderator" and fill out the form as why it is being reported...we have a large staff of helpful experienced moderators who are here to keep RCU a fun and informative environment and while trying to censor as little as possible they will step in if attacks, bashing or other grossly off base comments are made...

It is my goal here to make this site inviting to anyone who wishes to use it whether a beginner or expert. Nobody should come here and fear being ridiculed no matter how simple a question may be...we are all here to have fun and learn and a small segment here will always be a bit "edgy" so we deal with it if or when it becomes necessary if posts are in bad taste.

Sometimes a moderator won't see a post right away...it could take a few hours or more but notifying them using the report feature makes it that much faster I assure you...the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:07 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

I posted this comment due to the fact that there are a few people that do this continuously. I have only been flying for 2 yrs. In that 2 yrs, I have gained lots of knowledge from the people one these lists, so IF YOU take this comment personal then there's a chance that YOU are one of the offenders. If you are not an offenders, then do not take it personal.

In the beginning of my flying carreer, 99% of everyone was very good to me. I have seen many newcomers receive these sarcastic remarks which only steers them in the opposite direction.

I am at fault for not reporting these people as RC ADMIN says to do. B E W A R E those of you who continue to repeat this offense. I will no longer sit idle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Cottrell
Old 05-05-2002, 11:39 PM
wbrian

I agree: Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

But lets not go to far. There’s nothing like a good healthy disagreement to spice up a thread.
Old 05-06-2002, 01:26 AM
mvigod
Banned

yes...nothing wrong with disagreement at all...I think he was referring to not even disagreement but rather rude or just sarcastic comments without even offering an opinion...

Most in this hobby are helpful and do so with a smile. There are a few bad apples here and there but every dog has a few fleas and we deal with them as they come if it is well deserved only.
Old 05-06-2002, 01:47 PM
tinman
My Feedback: (13)

Default .

i always have more questions then answers myself...i guess when ya get flamed ya jus have to shrug it off cause his post will more then likely be followed by some1 posting a helpful reply.
-Tinman-
Old 05-06-2002, 03:56 PM
Ed Smith

Information posted on theses Forums is Free. You get what you pay for.

Ed S
Old 05-06-2002, 05:31 PM
Blackie

Ed, sorry but I really don't understand how that statement relates to this topic?

CAPtain232 was implying that those new comers are being discuraged due to the Sarcasm.

*Shrugs*

Randy
Old 05-06-2002, 06:50 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

1. Most flyers are men
2. Most men know everything ( I know I do )
3. Most men know that most other men dont know as much as they do.
4. Most men use every oportunity to tell everyone that will listen their superior opinion.
5. Most men dont listen.

It's just a male genetic thing ya know.
Old 05-07-2002, 02:48 AM
bgi
My Feedback: (7)

Yea, smallfly, but "Men don't ask directions."

So who's asking all the questions?

The sarcasm thing is inherent to the medium.

It's too easy to type up a sarcastic thoughtless reply if the person you're addressing isn't standing in front of you.

It's also too easy to mis-interpret a reply as sarcastic when there was no sarcastic intent.

ask me how I know...

Of course, there's no excuse to be found above.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:21 AM
Burrito Bandito

Can anyone give me directions to the local hobby shop?

I think both sides have made good points if you ask me. But then again, a bunch of men wouldn't ask would they? Yes, I'm a guy, no I don't know more than everybody else, yes my intellect is superior to everyone else's but I only tell that to my wife cause eveyone else would know I was full of B.S.

I have had nothing but good conversations with people on this site, save one individual who shared his opinion about the relative scale merits of a particular subject I was discussing with another member. At first, I typed up a very sarcastic reply and I just knew that would "get him". However, before I sent the reply, I read the post one more time. Then it just didn't "sound" sarcastic, then I read it again and it did. The point is, what I may have thought was a sarcastic reply may have just been another scale enthusiast who felt strongly about the subject matter.

Personally, as I have dropped in on some of the threads, I have found some to be quite amusing. The dry wit and sarcasm has made me laugh out loud more than once. As the administrator said, there will always be a few bad apples.....

So in the immortal words of...(I forgot who said it ) "Can't we all just get along?"

Old 05-08-2002, 01:11 AM
Johnny_Rebel
Banned

Default Waaaaaaa????

How far do you have to go to be considered "sarcastic"?
Old 05-08-2002, 01:35 AM
Blackie

*sits down with a bag of popcorn and asks who's ahead?*
Old 05-08-2002, 02:11 AM
T28pilot
My Feedback: (2)

*pass the popcorn*
Old 05-08-2002, 02:18 AM
Burrito Bandito

see....isn't this fun
Old 05-08-2002, 10:49 AM
Johnny_Rebel
Banned

Default Panties-in-a-knot

Hey you guys remember that one time when that guy asked how he could fly 3-d with his triplane? Then I came in and told him where to put his radio? That was a good one. Is that an example of what ya'lls are yakin about?
-Jon
Old 05-08-2002, 11:26 AM
T28pilot
My Feedback: (2)

*there was this one time....at band camp..........*
Old 05-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Johnny_Rebel
Banned

keep going t28pilot.......but i really don't wanna hear what you did with the flute
Old 05-08-2002, 11:49 AM
Blackie

*Starts to hand popcorn to T28pilot but hesitates and wonders if T28 has jumped on the band wagon?* So far it looks like it's neck and neck between Johnny and T28. :boxing:

Randy
Old 05-08-2002, 12:18 PM
seafury_fb11

Originally posted by Scale Dreamer
So in the immortal words of...(I forgot who said it ) "Can't we all just get along?"
Rodney King.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:31 PM
Hanger Rat

What? Are you made of sugar? Half the posts on these forums are from complete idiots. I don't think a legitimate question would be treated with sarcasm but if you read such things as " Half of an inch of my antena broke off. Can I still fly?" Or " How do I do a torque roll with a Fly Baby bipe" Get rid of that silly touchy feely don't hurt anyones feelings mentality and start acting like a man.
PS. If you found this post to be sarcastic it at least got your attention. And for the moron who asked, NO, You can not have different numbered crystals in your Tx and Rx. ( You for sure should be home with your coloring book)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.