Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

INSIDE RC and long hair

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 10:24 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default INSIDE RC and long hair

as i was relaxing from work yesterday i flipped thru some channels waiting for INSIDE RC to come on, show comes on, it's about halfway thru and the host is going to test fly her trainer. well from the camera angle, they showed her leaning over her plane while it was running, but if my eyes saw what they saw, as she leaned over her hair was geeting sucked towards the engine, looked like it was only inches away from the prop. i personally have seen a members tie get cut from the prop as he leaned over the motor as it was running, i would hate to see someones hair get caught up in the prop, god only knows what could happen. if you have long hair, male or female, tie it back

mark
Old 11-11-2003, 10:50 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: INSIDE RC and long hair

I guess what surprised me the most was she was allowed to hold the trainer from the front. Usually the Trainee holds the plane from behind or at the tail, and the instructor starts and tweeks the plane.
I guess the Instructor shouuld have pointed out the hair in the prop thing and a few other things. Maybe thay where pressed for time.
NEDYOB
Old 11-12-2003, 09:18 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

I'm pretty sure she started the plane herself, which is why she was holding it from the front. I'll have to review the tape, but I think the hand holding the starter was a right hand. So it was either her, or she was sitting in his lap...

Still, it appeared to me that she was sitting square in the plane of the prop. If you're holding the plane from the front like that, you really should be exposing the least amount of your body to the prop as humanly possible.

DIY Radio Control Hobbies did a similar show a couple of weeks ago. The host put the transmitter nearly directly underneath the engine on the exhaust side, not a good idea for safety or for the health of the transmitter. He stood directly in the plane of the prop for quite a while, and IIRC, tried to stick his hand in the prop several times. I remember wincing on more than one occasion, thinking, "he's gonna get it!"

These people on the television shows should be EXTRA CAREFUL about how they portray the safe operation of radio control airplanes. You know that game you played as a kid where a bunch of you sat around in a circle, one person whispered something into the next person's ear, and it was passed around until it got back to the first person? Remember that the message was almost always completely different from the original? People are going to see the sloppy methods used on TV, only remember part of it, then go out and try it themselves only to end up breaking something or getting seriously hurt!
Old 11-12-2003, 10:16 AM
nedyob

Hi Matt,
I saw the samething on DIY ...Did you notice when Chris pulled the transmitter out from under the plane he almost stuck his TX antenna in the prop. Comparing saflty issues between shows. I like the plane holder on the DIY RC Hobbies show. They could have used a trail trap on Inside RC .
Would have been a good plug for the company. I just didnt like like the way they were both standing in the arch of the prop. Chris on RC Hobby seemed more safty contoius then Kristy.
I still think the instructor should have started the plane with Kristie holding the plane by the tail or from behind the prop.
If you read this Kristy & Chris don't be offended, Just trying to keep bad habbits from starting.
NEDYOB
Old 11-12-2003, 10:26 AM
bychow

That is a great point. I did not notice that when I watched the show. Remember, the camera can also make it look different than reality based on the angle they are shooting from. I have to watch that shot again to see what was going on. I will pass your comment along to Krista and the show's director for future shoots. We always want to make sure that everything we do portrays safety in all aspects of R/C.

I appreciate your comments and we always welcome your feedback and input on the program. Thanks again.

Brian Bychowski
Producer-Inside R/C TV
Old 11-13-2003, 11:11 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I wonder how much respect we are REALLY getting from the production company anf how qualified these producers are to do these shows. Looks to me like they thing that RC planes and helis are still just good ol toys.

I liked the Discovery Channels documentary on rockets, at least they emphasized the safety and dangers involved with that hobby. I don't Have DYI, but what I have heard here, these have been some pretty thrird rate programs. Thats sad.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:53 PM
smokingcrater

how qualified these producers are to do these shows.
for one, I'm impressed he (Brian) is reading and posting on the forum! thank you for that inside RC!
Old 11-13-2003, 05:49 PM
trioval00

rkramer, i also agree with you, i never thought i would get a reply directly from a
staff member of the show itself, better yet, he is the producer,.

brian, my son and I enjoy the show

thanks

mark
Old 11-14-2003, 03:57 AM
nedyob

Hi Brian,
Not trying to down grade INSIDE RC or compare it to Radio Control Hobby, just trying to point out few safty issues. And if you really want to kill an audience "Dont refer to RC planes, boats and cars as toy's
Thats like saying a Harley Davidson motor cycles is like a Mophead. Any way if you could put more RC plane stuff on that might pull in more viewers. I love the show and even got a INSIDE RC sticker on the back window of my truck and a INSIDE RC pix frame on my wall with my kids in it.
NEDYOB
Old 11-14-2003, 01:07 PM
bychow

Thanks for the reply's. We have been reading as much as possible on RCU since we started the show to see what you guys thought of it. You have all been very helpful.

The toys reference was made in season #1 and although I know it is wrong, unfortunately I did not see those scripts prior to shooting but rest assured, we learned our lesson. No more toy references. You are right, they are not toys.

Also, be sure to watch the "water show" in the beginning of December where we give you guys on RCU a plug.

Thanks again for watching and giving us your feedback.

Brian Bychowski
Producer-Inside R/C
Old 11-14-2003, 01:22 PM
zxcv11

we give you guys on RCU a plug.
Oh boy...there goes the neighborhood.
Heh-heh...joke.
Damn, I wish I had DUI, or DYI...or whatever it is!! [8D]
Old 11-14-2003, 01:38 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

Brian, I'd like to commend you for browsing this forum and looking for feedback.....and most importantly, putting many suggestions into place. Season 2 has definitely gotten better. I hope that the show continues it's success and continues to promote our hobby. I look forward to even better seasons in the future.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

One more piece of advice: Buy some decent video and editing equipment. Then again, most of the shows on Outdoor have the same crap video quality. It reminds me of how TV picture quality was in the early '80s. Even cheap modern camcorders can produce a better quality picture than what you're broadcasting.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:11 PM
mweathers

As far as I am concerned Krista can do anything she wants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But camera angles are deceiving
Old 11-14-2003, 04:55 PM
trioval00

zxcv11, you do not need DIY to see "inside rc" it is on the outdoor channel

mark
Old 11-14-2003, 08:51 PM
grinder-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Is it possible to order a DVD of the first seasons episode's. I live in Canada and do not receive the American satellite signal for the outdoor channel. It would be pretty convenient to watch all the episodes on one DVD.

Thanks,
Grinder
Old 11-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Skitchen8

Can anyone tell me when this show is on, I caught it one saturday morning, but don't know what time it was on (It was on some digital cable channel as i was flipping through, it was an episode about the T-Maxx)
Old 11-14-2003, 10:14 PM
zxcv11

thanx mark!!
Old 11-14-2003, 11:01 PM
trioval00

if you have direct tv, the channel number is 605 and for the cable people, you have to check your listing for the outdoor channel,

here on the east coast, it is aired mondays at 5;30 pm and saturday mornings at 10:30 am, and i also believe thursday mornings, somewhere around 3 am

and for the "diy" direct tv channel 230, aires thursday at 8:30 pm
not sure of it's second airing time

mark
Old 11-14-2003, 11:41 PM
Skitchen8

I thing its TWC digital cable channel 216 or something... now that I know what time its on I'll watch it every time it is on, thank you
Old 11-17-2003, 08:41 AM
bychow

Here is the show information, I think there is some confusion.
Inside R/C airs on the "Outdoor Channel", (Not OLN-Outdoor Life Network).
DISH Network channel #153
DirecTV channel #606
Cable, call your proivider.

The show airs on
Monday at 5:30 p.m. eastern & pacific / 4:30 p.m. central
Thursday at 3:00 a.m. eastern & pacific / 2:00 a.m. central
Saturday at 10:00 a.m. eastern & pacific / 9:00 a.m. central

All of these details and more are on www.insiderc.com
Old 11-17-2003, 02:05 PM
PlanePlanter
My Feedback: (9)

Brian,
All in all GREAT show! Keep up the good work!
Old 11-17-2003, 03:40 PM
Skitchen8

I missed it on saturday because my alarm broke (yes, thats right, I actually set my alarm to wake up and watch it) but I'm gunna have to watch it 2nite, thanks alot for the information on the show times, and from what I've seen its a great show keep up the good work [8D]
Old 11-17-2003, 04:08 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Another Canadian complaining about OUR satalite networks not picking up the show!!!

Pitty, as there are only a few of us who can ask for it, and I bet barely enough to actually swing a shift!!

DVDs avaliable?
Old 11-17-2003, 04:28 PM
aimmaintenance

I have a DUI and it sucks! hehehe
ORIGINAL: zxcv11

we give you guys on RCU a plug.
Oh boy...there goes the neighborhood.
Heh-heh...joke.
Damn, I wish I had DUI, or DYI...or whatever it is!! [8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.