Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

BELLANCA DECATHLON CS

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 04:11 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BELLANCA DECATHLON CS

[][font="Trebuchet MS"] [font="Tahoma"][size=2][size=5]I have a giant scale airplane kit in-the-boxes that seems to come from OMNIMODELS< or possibly Larry Sewell, Burlington, WI 53105. My husband bought it in 1993-according to the shipping label on one of the boxes (3 boxes). I have been unable to find any info about it. It is quite large, has some formed parts, like cowling wing tips etc. otherwise lumber and a set of blueprints-yeah, actual Blue prints. Anyone know anything about this???
Old 11-20-2003, 10:16 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BELLANCA DECATHLON CS

If you could post a picture that would be a great help. I am afraid I do not know anything about the kit, but it is rare that a question about RC is posted that stumps the entire membership of RCU. Is there a name on the blueprints, or other information like wing span, length, or recommended engine size?

Eric
Old 11-26-2003, 12:57 AM
Pushrod02
My Feedback: (16)

Stumps the entire membership, <grin>I don't think so, it just took awhile to find the information. I am purchasing some items from Patricia so thought I'd try to help her out here.

The gentleman that designed the plane has been found, contacted and had the following information to offer. He said the plane is a 1/3 scale of the Bellanca Decathlon CS, CS stands for Constant Speed prop. The plans are hand drawn and only half the wing appears on the plan due to the size of the project, and yes they are real blue prints, keep them out of the sun. The light end of the weight range was 25 lbs. and as he recalls had a 10' wing span. Power requirements were in the 50-80 CC range but he was a little fuzzy on that. The wood came from Balsa USA and there were two different versions. One had a fiberglass cowl and wheel pants, the other had a fiberglass cowl and ABS wheel pants. (supplier problems on the glass parts) The kit was distributed by Omni Models which was bought out by Great Planes and thus the death of his kit and business. If you can't beat'm buy'm.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:32 AM
[email protected]

Thanks for the help. I have accepted an offer on the Decathalon, so if nothing goes sour, it will be removed soon. Hope I do not have to relist, but I still have some things to sell, either way, "I shall return". Happy Thanksgiving!, Pat
Old 11-26-2003, 01:37 PM
[email protected]

[&:]Boy, am I embarassed, I thought your message had to do with the icon N'West Beaver that I had listed on site. The Decathalon is a different model, one that I am almost ready to list, it is still for sale. I am so sorry my answer is confusing. Look in the ads after this weekend and you will see the listing for the BELLANCA Decathalon., Pat