Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

MORE SNOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 07:44 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MORE SNOW!!!!

Oh man,I'm never going to see my runway again,now they are predicting another 10-15 inches tonight and tomorrow.I've had so much time to build due to the weather,my winter projects are about done and I dont have a lot left on the building board.This winter keeps getting more and more expensive with me trying to keep busy.I cant fly the sim anymore,I'm sick of not smelling exhaust fumes.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:06 PM
3 Channel Brain

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

Trade you-- 20f 25mph wind & rain here. Think the lights will go out soon.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:27 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

20 degrees farenheit,shoot thats a heat wave,with the wind chill tonight it's supposed to be -10.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:18 PM
Bill L

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

You must get everything we in Ohio get, but with a few inches of gulf humidity, and lake effect added in for
good(?) measure. Does it help any to take the lid off the fuel bottle, and sniff a few times?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Well maybe Not. It definately is time for Spring. (That $@&# groundhog saw his stinkin' shadow)
Old 02-16-2003, 09:44 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

I've got a new saito I've been wanting to run,but until it gets above 32f it aint gonna happen.I remember when I got into this hobby taking my truck and making paths in the snow so we could fly.Now you couldnt pay me to be out there.I need spring here now.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:46 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

actually,you want to know how bad it is.I'm polishing all my airplanes because I've got nothing left to do.By the way,formula 2001 car polish works great on ultracote and monokote.Makes it look like new and feels like a just waxed car.Anyway,thats how bored I am.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Flightle

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

HAHA... I'm living in Daytona Beach, although, the weather wasnt very nice today if you saw the RACE. GO JUNIOR!

-Forest
Old 02-17-2003, 12:51 AM
rob_mnrc

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

It hasn't gotten above 10 degrees here for almost two months now. Then when you factor in the windchills!!!! 30 below alot of the time! Fortunately we only have 3 inches of snow......CMON SPRING!!!

By the way....anyone ever eat groundhogg???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 09:15 AM
iflircaircraft

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

BMEFLYER:
I'm looking out my window as I type this, and cannot even open my back door (snow bound) to get to the garage to build my super skybolt......BTW: I heard if you roast groundhog it tastes like chicken.

BME: where do you fly? Ever go to The RAMAC field in Great Meadows?

Tom

Old 02-17-2003, 12:39 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

Hey guys, I envy most of you. You actually HAVE snow!

I live in Montreal,Quebec, Canada, and we're supposed to have snow in winter. All we've been getting are (nasty word) cold tempuratures Like, -20° as a Hi, and with the windchill, it's been getting down to -40°C (Dunno what that is in farenheit, but it's COLD!!)

So, our runway has too much snow for wheels, yet not enough for snow skis!! Not to mention trying to start our little engines in this weather, let alone even stand our there!!
Old 02-17-2003, 12:49 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

I fly with the goshen gremlins in warwick,ny and at a private airstrip.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:34 PM
SaviCatses

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

Dr. Wogz,

All this snow the states are getting, I really hope we're going to avoid. I can't wait for spring to get here so I can finally learn to fly, and from what I heard at the club's forum: If we don't get too much snow, the field is going to get dry much faster this year!

My trainer is nearly complete, and then it's just waiting a long time for spring to get here. Next year I can complain about too little snow for the skis [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh... and -40C is -40F, if we get too many more of those this year I'm moving south. I had a hard time starting my car this morning.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:48 PM
ricfly52

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Acually I rather envy you! I spent most of my life in snow country and I acually miss it. I love
being able to fly year round and not worry about weather except the wind. But I would give my
right go, er ah my right nu, er ah, well I sure would like to play in the snow again!
Old 02-17-2003, 11:25 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

We just got 30 inches.Your more then welcome to come and play,but when your done it's time to get the shovel out.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:35 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

On the bright side, the kids are LOVING it! and home from school to boot! Most of you probably have teh day off too! So there's nothing wrong with taking the kids to teh local park for some snow fun!

Just make sure the car is out of trhe way of teh snow plow!
Old 02-18-2003, 04:01 PM
PROP-WASH
My Feedback: (1)

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I can't even see my buddys house across the street because the snow is stacked so high bye the snow plows
that have been trying to keep up with this stuff.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:12 PM
pnugene

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

You northern guys sure are a whiny bunch over a little ole snowstorm. Down here in Alabama, (we've never told ya'll this for fear of a yankee invasion) it snows axle deep to a Ferris Wheel almost every week in wintertime. I can remember when I was a kid, we trudged 6 miles to and from school in huge snowdrifts, uphill..... both ways!
My landing strip this winter has been this gigantic glacier in my back yard, its a little dicey when practicing touch-and-goes. I've converted my Perry pulse pump into a nifty on-the-fly de-icing system. You guys are right though, I can hardly wait till summer, then I can install the floats to take off from this boiling lake in my front yard, my blue ox, Babe burned his mouth drinking from it last year. Oh well, it's time to sign off for now..... hey maw, gimme nuther whiff o' that Red Baron, that's fine stuff! Ya'll come, Pnugene.

Today's thought: A bird in the hand is worth two bushes.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:41 AM
Nisse/TMFK

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

Come on ……
Look at the weather as an opportunity for new challenges.
Build a couple of skies and mount them to your kit and head straight out there.
There are no such things as bad weather, only lack of ideas!!

Partly Bullsh….t. (Wake me up when the spring arrives….)
Old 02-21-2003, 12:12 AM
iflircaircraft

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

WEll:
I love a good challenge!!
Skis are a good idea for my 182 Cessna, and could probably mount em to the Pizzaz and Cherokee as well. Not to mention the wife's Avistar.
The problem up here is the flying field is one half mile from the county highway, covered in 24" of snow and up hill, and they didn't plow our access road.
I don't think my Monte Carlo was designed to take such a challenge.

Tom
Old 02-21-2003, 02:01 AM
Nisse/TMFK

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

hmmm.....
with all that snow around you it seams to me that you have a flying field all over the place if you mount a couple of skies.
???
Old 02-22-2003, 12:57 PM
iflircaircraft

Default MORE SNOW!!!!

This is New Jersey..(Joisey)...(once the Garden State, now one of the most densely populated states) you can't just fly in the neighbor's back yard!!
Besides....the snow plow makes snow piles 6' high around the perimeter of the proposed $500k "flying site". LMAO
Although I could cross the river into PA.....LOL

Tom