Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Need a few surfers here to post timing tests on 2 files to assess RCU speed

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Need a few surfers here to post timing tests on 2 files to assess RCU speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 08:02 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need a few surfers here to post timing tests on 2 files to assess RCU speed

I am trying to confirm a speed issue on RCU but need about a dozen testers or more from all over on various connections to confirm if it is location specific or widespread issue. The test is easy and involves downloading a 10MB windows media player file (of my Fiesta airplane) from the old RCU servers and the new ones we are on now. Thanks to anyone who can take a few minutes to add to my data so I can nail this down if in fact an issue.

Please see this thread for instructions:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_12...tm.htm#1334757
Old 12-07-2003, 10:03 PM
aimmaintenance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need a few surfers here to post timing tests on 2 files to assess RCU speed

Would you like a good ol 28800 dial up test?
I could do it tonight for ya.
Let me know first cause 20 mb will take awhile.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:01 PM
mvigod
Banned

Default RE: Need a few surfers here to post timing tests on 2 files to assess RCU speed

sure...if you don't mind spending the time...if you can track maybe just 5MB of each d/l we should know what we need to know about the total time for your slower connection
Old 12-07-2003, 11:50 PM
S1Pitts
My Feedback: (4)

New Site Open, buffer & play 5 sec. DL file \ 1min. 58 sec average 85kb/sec
Old Site Open, buffer & play 7 sec. DL file \ 46sec. average 213kb/sec

British Columbia, Canada on 2.843 Mbps cable connection. Both sites streamed video without interuption.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:00 AM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

FYI Marc I just posted my numbers in the other thread for you. Very obvious difference in speed is noted

regards
Old 12-08-2003, 03:23 AM
smokingcrater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

posted in the other forum also... so is there a free prize (hint, reviewed plane that is just sitting around now...) for the high speed!? [8D] managed 9 seconds with my rented server in texas. also noticed a speed difference of over 10x as slow from the new site.