Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

NORTH EAST SAIL PLANES :( BAD EXPERIENCE :(

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

NORTH EAST SAIL PLANES :( BAD EXPERIENCE :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Crashem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NORTH EAST SAIL PLANES VERY DISHONEST!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: sargentw

And your second post you hammer a vendor..... If you are an experienced sailplane pilot share some tips with us. I see your from Alexandria. Welcome to the Ezone.
He just did Don't buy from NES!!!![X(]
Old 02-08-2004, 11:08 PM
alcohol burner
My Feedback: (48)

Default RE: NORTH EAST SAIL PLANES :( BAD EXPERIENCE :(

sargentw.....are you on Sal's payroll ????.....Just scurious....Seem like you the only one besides a couple of them on here that are even making an effort to back him up. So far the odds are against him/you for praising his service to the rc public. But I appreciate you replying to this add. It will keep popping up to the top of the list ; which more and more people will see it. The average person who sees this post will now have a doubt in their mind and pretty much do some research elsewhere and buy. This past weekend aother fellow rc'r made a purchase with N.E.S. and was told three days later his order was on backorder. He stated that he could get it somewhere else and asked Sal to refund his money. Sal refused because he says since it was less than a 300.00 purchase that he was not going to refund his money. Says the money was tied up in other orders. Also stated that there would be a restocking fee of 20%. How in the hell do you have a restocking fee on something that is NOT in stock ???????.......Man you talk about a guy/business that is hard up and apparently struggling in his business. Hope to hear from more people. Keep this add UP!!!!![:'(][>:]
Old 02-09-2004, 08:15 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And your second post you hammer a vendor..... If you are an experienced sailplane pilot share some tips with us. I see your from Alexandria. Welcome to the Ezone.
Sargent,
You're way out of line here. The guy has every right to post his opinion, whether you like what he ahs to say or not. I could say YOU only have 170 posts, what right do you have to flame someone? And he might have three times the experience you have for that matter.

Oh by the way. This is RCUniverse, not EZone.
Dennis-
Old 02-09-2004, 08:43 AM
jpmcclary
My Feedback: (6)

It never ceases to to amaze me how people strive to mess-up their endevours. I suspect this is one of many events throughout his life. Whats incredable is he's telling the world about it.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:53 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just want to state my experience so far with them. Ordered a couple shock flyers last Wed. got them today. So far Im happy with them.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:54 PM
tashley
My Feedback: (9)

John, didn't they ship the wrong battery?
Old 02-17-2004, 06:40 PM
remcl1
My Feedback: (3)

I ordered a shockflyer from North east sail planes, because their web site in the news section said they were in stock on the 13th. I ordered on the 16th, and I know how fast some things can go, so I decided to call and see if they still had any in stock. When I asked the lady told me she was not sure if any were in stock, but I would get the next available one. I said that was not good enough and I wanted her to check and see if they actually had any. She acted put out and transfered my to someone else. I really had the impression that she did not want me to know their stock. Probably in an atemp not to have me cancel the order. I had to ask a new person if any were in stock. This new lady said they were probably out. I said that I would appreciate it if I could find out for sure. She went on to say they were out before she really had time to look. She then told me I should not get one because they are junk. I asked why do you think they are junk, they look like they fly great. She said they do fly good. I said if they fly good, then why are they junk. She said because they are $35.00. I said I still do not understand why you think they are junk. She said because they have $2.00 in foam and sell for $35.00. I said then you mean they are not a good value: well I disagree I still want one. She obviously does not understand economics. If we are willing to pay $35.00 then it is worth it. I asked if I could cancel the order, and she said I would have to send in a message to do that. I could not cancel over the phone.

Stay away from this company they are bad news.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:16 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

I just got back from the WRAM Show in NY. Was going to get some stuff at NES. I found them very rude and really didn't seem interested in my questions; just wanted my money. I don't think I'll be doing business with them and wouldn't send any one else to them.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:06 AM
sargentw

DBCherry,

Not helpful. Sorry dude I'm right on target. GTS came on flamed a vendor and dissappeared (look at how many posts since 2?). It happens all the time. I searched his background and it appears he's into advanced arieal photography and I was hoping he could offer us something useful. Both the Ezone and Rcuniverse forums should have an optional certified identity process where you submit a credit card to verify your name and address. When you post comments others can see who you are via certification.

Alcohol Burner,

Not helpful either. I do not work for Sal. I find Sal to be abrupt and pragmatic. I make sure I am prepared when I contact him. The complaint rate is up and I can see that. On the high side, he has one of the most imformative web sites I've seen. He flys the planes and knows them. He travels to Europe and is committed to finding the best for his customers. Maybe you can be helpful and further explain the use of the chargeback process so the buyers can get their money back and what happens to vendors that have too many successful chargebacks against them.

BTW: Here is a Unicorn Wing building site I started. It was alot of work and fun. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=177048

Keep on flying em!

Tad
Old 03-09-2004, 10:51 PM
alcohol burner
My Feedback: (48)

Listen Sarg......I work for Caterpillar......It too is very well known......It is a very great product, but that is only because no matter where you go; the service is 100% fantastic....this is the only reason it is the leading heavy equipment manufacturer in the world......Key word here is "SERVICE".....so far Sal had not taken the steps to show that he really cares.....or presents himself to the public that he is here for the public....The public is not here for HIM......He would no exist if it were not for US........He should show some gratitude and appreciation.....I hope he will be at the Toledo show this year just so i can see him face to face. I am very curious just what kind of personality he has before and after i introduce myself.[:-]
Old 03-10-2004, 08:43 AM
sargentw

alcohol burner,

It's probably best to let the NE Sail plane thing go. It's not good to let strong negative feelings hang around too long.... You have made us aware of potential problems when ordering from this vendor and it's appreciated.

Anyway, man you get to go to the big show and I'll most likely be cleaning the garage that weekend. . The big show is something to look forward to. All the planes and Top Guns that fly em..... It's a Good Life

Regards,

Tad
Old 03-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Harry Landings
My Feedback: (8)

sargentw,

Well said!
Old 03-10-2004, 05:55 PM
remcl1

Funny when a person responds to your attack that now you think it is time to let it go. These things are always two sided. If you want it to be let go of, don't egg him on.

I am still interested in fresh perpectives on their dealings with NESP. I like the NESP products, I really hope they fix the hit and miss service problems that they apparently have.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:47 PM
sargentw

I'm sorrry dude your first point is groundless and not helpful. Maybe you can add something about the charge back process to help our flyer buyers or where the guy flamed a vendor and disappeared. I do agree with your second point.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Chris-_-Memphis

John your one of the lucky ones NESP is a horriable company and the owner would get a good beating if he lived near me[:@]
Old 03-10-2004, 07:16 PM
remcl1

Sarge. Thanks for proving my point. Let it go and lets hear from people like Chris who is being helpful.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:26 PM
sargentw

Sorry guys. If this is to be a thread where foolish statements are made, endless rants by angry men are the norm, and vendors are threatened with physical violence then I'm finished here. I can only hope that the information I provided is helpful for buyers. In particular, the credit card charge back process and getting up front in writing, via on the web or email, the vendor's sales agreement terms. I've had good service with NEsail and my father (level 4/5 sailplane pilot) has used them often over the years. I hope that NE sail can keep more customers happy.

Perhaps a moderator can intervene here.

Regards,

Tad
Old 03-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Chris-_-Memphis

Default RE: RE: NORTH EAST SAIL PLANES :( BAD EXPERIENCE :(

LOL sarg then since you are "finished here" i look forward to not seeing any posts from you in this thread anymore.. happy flying

Chris
Old 03-10-2004, 10:14 PM
remcl1

Yea! He finally go the point.

By the way this thread was started by an angry person stating his situation and opinion. Of course it is going to be a thread of rants. Sheeeeeesh! And there is no shortage of rants against this company.

See ya Sarg and I wish you many happy flights.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:26 AM
sargentw

remcl1, ChrisHays, Thanks for removing the offensive statement where you proposed to give a vendor a beating.
It was the right thing to do.

Regards,

Tad
Old 03-11-2004, 07:49 AM
Chris-_-Memphis

LOL ididnt remove it .. its called RCU censorship... but trust me i still would
Old 03-11-2004, 10:09 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It is not RCU censorship, it is simply a case of YOU not following the AGREEMENT that YOU accepted to join these forums.

Now fight nice kids!
Old 03-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Chris-_-Memphis

easy there mr. minn... i wasnt saying censorship on rcu was baaaad... just saying rcu deleted that lil part not "I".. dont make me come up there and kick your @** in crashing![X(]
Old 03-11-2004, 01:14 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: sargentw
.................... Both the Ezone and Rcuniverse forums should have an optional certified identity process where you submit a credit card to verify your name and address. When you post comments others can see who you are via certification.........................
Keep on flying em!

Tad
If "Tad" is really your name.