Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

NORTH EAST SAIL PLANES :( BAD EXPERIENCE :(

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

NORTH EAST SAIL PLANES :( BAD EXPERIENCE :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 06:26 PM
alcohol burner
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NORTH EAST SAIL PLANES :( BAD EXPERIENCE :(

[]

Here is how it started. On Nov. 18th I called to ck on an item in stock. They assured me they had it. So, i get back on line and order what i wanted. They received my order, gave me an order I.D. number. Then I get an email stating that my funds were transfered. Then they sent me a shipping confirmation number! Cool...the ball was rolling! turned out to be a snow ball!!!!!...Turned out the shipping number was bogus. They even sent me a third email telling me it was on its way. Two weeks went by. I was getting worried. So i called. Talked to the owners wife. She told me it was on backorder. Also forgot to mention I sent several emails....They kept telling me it was on its way. She kept checking the order number and saying it was coming. That's when i decided to call. This is when she told me it was on backorder. I was now frustrated. I was lied to at the very beginning about being in stock. The fictitious order and shipping number. I decided to cancel order. She said no problem. Told her just to credit back my card. She said no problem. Keep in mind that electronic transfers when you pay for something is pretty much instant now'a days. She told me it would take a couple of days. I said OK. This was on a wed. I called my bank on Friday. No funds. I called back and she told me that she was going to that Friday afternoon. Again called my bank on the following Tuesday. No funds again. I called again. she said that it was overlooked and would be done right then. Waited. Called bank no funds transferred. I used their area code and dialed information. I contacted the local police dept. Spoke to a detective. He called them. He called me back and said it would be handled and done on Friday. So, I waited until the following Tuesday. No funds. Called N.E.S. back again. She said phone lines were down due to snow storm and it wouldn't go through. I said OK get it done. I went ahead and called local police again. He again called and talked to owners wife. He said she was lost for words and was stuttering and couldn't give a straight answer. She told him it was getting done that same day. very next day i called back to N.E.S. and finally got a hold of the owner. SAL is his name. I explained him the situation and he said he never even heard about this and I was breaking the law by calling the local authorities to try and handle the situation. He said he didn't care what my problem was and didn't care if i got the refund back within a 20 day period which he states that he has to do a refund. I told him that the 20 were basically up as long as it has taken from the first time i called and canceled order. He said he would discuss it with his wife and try to resolve the matter if he had time. What an !QUOT!ASS!QUOT!.....FINALLY today is Friday and the believe it or not the bank called me to tell me that the funds were in there. THe bank knew i was having problems with these people and were concerned themselves enough to ck my account for me and keep me posted. I was surprised to get the call............In closing....If I were any of you wanting to purchase anything form these people I would do it face to face and only if they have it in stock. .....Just like anything else you buy...the quality doesn't mean diddly if the service !QUOT!SUCKS!QUOT! and their service !QUOT!SUCKS!QUOT! very badly. I do not recommend this company to anyone for a future purchase. I have read other forums and I am a !QUOT!drop in the bucket!QUOT! compared to some people the have treated unfairly. I was a fortunate one who got the money back.....If you have any problems with these people just contact COLCHESTER POLICE DEPT. and ask for MIKE FISH.....He will gladly help you out........

[>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]

[>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]
Old 12-19-2003, 06:31 PM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: NORTH EAST SAIL PLANES VERY DISHONEST!!!!!!

glad it worked out for you.. tower has much better service
Old 12-19-2003, 06:34 PM
alcohol burner

Anyone else have problems ; please post it here....Only about N.E.S. please.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Johnnylightning

Wow AB, glad it got resolved, however, I'm a little concerned now.

See, I was just about to place an order w/them and they're tellin me they've got the item in stock. now I'm doubtfull,
because no one else has this item. how do I know that they've really got it in stock?
Old 12-19-2003, 06:40 PM
alcohol burner

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!! Especially around holiday season.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:54 PM
jrplane
My Feedback: (195)

Alcohol burner you are not the only one disatisfied. I called to check the availibllity of a high start. They were very rude, wanted a credit card number just to check for availibility. I dont think so!!!!
They are not for me. Check the rest of the forums NES is mention elsewhere and not favorably
Old 12-19-2003, 07:15 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i have been a member of RCU for about 18 or so months, i have learned to trust 95 % of the people here. if you are in the 5% that has taken someone for thier money for what ever the reason being, you are going to get slammed, which in my opinion is a GOOD THING. in the 20 years i have been flying, i have been to many fun flying events, never ONCE did i have to worry about leaving my pit area and having to worry about someone stealing my stuff, never. this group of people we share the hobby with are some of the best friends i have ever met, saying this, it is a true shame that there are some people or companies, that have taken advantage of us. misleading us on the phone, or taken our money and never shipping the purchased item, or what ever. but i guess it takes all kinds to make the world go around.
as for me? many of you know my screen name and probably have sold something to me, i have bought thousands of dollars from guys here on RCU and have never been ripped off, "yet"
ok, it's friday and it's been a long week and i just might be rambling on here going know where,
hey Burner, i am glad you got your money back, some have not, but i think it is up to us to announce the names of people and companies who are not fair and honest with us. we all work very hard for our spending money

ok i kept you here long enough
so enjoy and

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

your friend in the hobby

mark
Old 12-19-2003, 07:25 PM
alcohol burner

YOU ARE RIGHT MARK......HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO THE JOE NALL FLY IN.....WE WENT FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR. ...I COULDNT BELIEVE THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PLANES LEFT OUTSIDE , OVERNIGHT , IN THE DARK, NO LIGHT AND SOME EVEN LEFT THEIR STUFF THERE TO GO ABOUT 6 MILES IN TO TOWN TO SPEND THE NIGHT AT A HOTEL....NOTHING GOT STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 IT WA UNBELIEVABLE. YES, THE RC PILOTS OUT THERE RESPECT EACH OTHER MORE THAN ANYONE OUTSIDE OUR HOBBY COULD EVER IMAGINE. WE ARE A DIFFERENT SOCIETY WITH VERY HIGH RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER. BUT IT IS A SHAME THAT THE RETAILERS ARE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY!!!!!!!!! VERY FEW RETAILERS ARE IN THE HOBBY. bUT I GUESS WE WILL NEVER CHANGE THAT. .....BUT I AM GONNA SAY IT AGAIN........
Old 12-19-2003, 11:42 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really sorry to hear this, and am frankly very surprised.

Sal has always been very upstanding and fair to deal with. If all this really is becoming a common occurrence, then something must have gone terribly wrong in Sal's life. []

I have not had dealings with him, but have read any number of marvelous comments about NE Sailplanes, but nothing within the past six months. (All this was on another Forum.) I've been on their mailing list for a year or so too.
Dennis-
Old 12-22-2003, 06:57 PM
DFWS
My Feedback: (8)

Is NES still in business???
I thought the BBB shut them down years ago!!!!
Say it isn't so "Please"
I have read many pages of threads on the "OLD" E-Zone about the dissatified customers
this company generated!!!![:'(]
Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company or risk getting burned, and you will!
Trust me on this I know several people who have!!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 08:43 PM
alcohol burner

Unfortunately they are still in business....
Not sure how some people can stay in business with as bad as reputaton as they have or have had. Now that I have posted this article I have been overwhlemmed with emails of different forums of people very disatisfied with N.E.S.'s business activities. [>:]
Old 12-31-2003, 08:46 PM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

they still advertise on RCU...lol
Old 12-31-2003, 11:53 PM
DBCherry

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Just goes to show you, you can't believe everything you read. []

As I said earlier, I've never done business with NE Sail, and now I'm very happy I haven't.
Dennis-
Old 01-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Peter Khor

Same impession I get, unless you're actually buying something, it's hard to get infor from them, email or phone. "No RC for you!" [sm=bananahead.gif] Pity, as they carry some interesting stuff. Wished someone else would bring 'em in instead. For me I bring my business someplace else and try and find a substitute.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:08 PM
DFWS
My Feedback: (8)

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like there are some "Very Smart" non pro NES people here on RCU!!![8D]

Please take the advise of other dissatisfied NES customers and
do not do business with this poor excuse for a company!!!!![>:]

Peter I wonder if Sal knows the "POP NAZI"
or maybe the original Soup Nazi?? from [Sienfield]

LOL

Proud member of the DFWS!
Old 01-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Adudein
My Feedback: (11)

I've had numerous dealings with NES over the last 5 years.I have never had any problem whatsoever.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:28 PM
heli001
My Feedback: (5)

This thread is open again for constructive comments, please keep to the FACTS of your experiences...........
Old 01-15-2004, 08:26 PM
alcohol burner

A friend of mine bought a plane off of them about 2 weeks ago....despite my efforts to keep him for buying , he went a head and ordered it..They are giving him the run around now......He did the same thing I did. He called to see if they had it in stock , they said "yes".....Now they are telling him it is on national B/O.......He is attemoting to get his money back this week.....We'll see what happens[&:]
Old 01-20-2004, 09:19 PM
sargentw

I ordered an Electron 400A from NE Sail. It arrived here when expected and the RTF kit is really nice. Sal has responded to all my emails, including post sales. I like their website because they tell you alot about what they sell up front. One of our large LHS is very high on Ne sail planes and enjoys working with them at trade shows.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:30 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Oh, POO !!! I ordered a Kabriolin ($269.95) on 12-06-03 from them, was to be a Christmas present, have received 3 e-mails stating the item was #1 damage was discovered before shipment and shipment was delayed, #2 Order was backordered and expected to ship 01-05-04, #3 order was expected to ship 01-09-04. Still don't have it. I might have a problem here.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:10 AM
sargentw

BTW: I always order with my MBNA Platinum credit card and record all tracking numbers, etc. If a vendor does not furnish what is promised at least there is an option to cancel your order and start the credit card charge back process if needed. The charge back process is easier than you think. The vendor might ignore you, but if they ignore the credit card company customer service rep the charge back will happen almost automatically. I've only actually had to start the charge back process once a few years ago and the vendor refunded the money quicker than I could blink.

If you're not treated right, don't just sit there and "poo" make something happen and then shop elsewhere.

Old 01-21-2004, 02:46 PM
huey-pilot
My Feedback: (17)

I ordered an Enigma DLG from Northeast Sailplanes a little over a year ago, they would only use Fedex second air for shipping so it cost about $45 postage. When the Discus launch sailplane arrived it was missing instructions and the pushrods, after 4 calls I finally was able to talk to Sal and I was very rudely told by him that I shouldn't need instructions since this glider was for advanced flyers and I should know how to put it together, he said that he would send me instructions and pushrods. I didn't receive either of these, I will never make another purchase from NEI
Old 01-28-2004, 08:18 PM
GTS

I tried to order the DG-1000 from NES. I was put on the waiting list -- supposedly Sal went to Europe to talk Czech with the suppliers to smooth things out -- well eight months later, no progress and no sailplane. So, I gave up and spent my money elsewhere. Years ago NES use to be okay, but lately their customer service has gone way down hill...not mention the impoliteness to RC-ers wanting to spend their hard earned money.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:51 PM
sargentw

And your second post you hammer a vendor..... If you are an experienced sailplane pilot share some tips with us. I see your from Alexandria. Welcome to the Ezone.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:44 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: NORTH EAST SAIL PLANES :( BAD EXPERIENCE :(

Update on earlier post--- Received the Kabriolin I ordered 12-06-03 yesterday via Fed-X. It looks good. I reckon I'm one of the lucky ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.