Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

I need advice!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 08:58 PM
chik magnet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need advice!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think that it would be safe to put an OS 46 LA in a global tequilla sunrise when it requires and recommends only a .25 or .32 2 stroke!!!!!!!!!!???????????????................... :::::::::::::::::::::::[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2003, 09:23 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

You should be fine. I wouldn't put a high performance .46 on it but the LA should be great. Put as far back on the mount as the cowling will allow. This should help with the CG. later daveo
Old 02-24-2003, 09:29 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My TQ 25 was a flying boulder. It was the worst flying 25 size plane I have ever had. I had an O.S. 25fsr with micro gear and it would snap roll with any elevator over 3/32". With the added weight of the 40 it would fall even faster. Mine had a landing speed of right at mach 3.

If you want to try it any way I think it would work better with a hot, piped .15 then a big lead weight in the nose.

Dru.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:24 PM
Postal FLyer

A .46 LA might be a bit much in weight. If you really want to fly a .32 in it I have a Webra .32 with a Mac's custom pipe on it. If you think you may want it I'll swap you. The engine is new and I'm not using it for anything. I have pics if you want to see it. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:31 PM
chik magnet

I had trouble getting on the website ,so what kind of price am I looking at and do you think it would be better to put a 4 stroke?
Old 02-26-2003, 10:13 PM
Postal FLyer

Default Swap

Chik

I'm not looking to make any money off of you. I have an engine that I think might suit you better and I do not know if I will ever use it. You have an engine that is, in my opinion too heavy for your bird. The webra I have is new and I have never started it so I do not know if you will like it or not. I can start it if you like to make sure it runs ok, but I am not making you this offer for any other reason than to help a fellow RC flyer. Your LA might sit on my shelf for some time before I ever use it. The only reason I would ask for it in trade is that I have one and may one day try a twin, who knows. If this webra engine flies your plane well and you are happy with it's performance then that is what we are all about. No different than being at the flying field and needing a glow plug. Someone gives you and when you get a chance you buy one and see him a couple weeks later and say thanks for the help and here's a plug back. At the field where I fly we are all like that and that is what makes this sport good. If you want some pics I will take them for you.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:32 PM
Enriki

Default Swap

Wow is this place still here, I would trade that LA in a heartbeat, as it is a gutless motor that has no power for its weight.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:21 AM
ozi

Hi Daveo you are looking at 2 diffrent types of motor the os 32 will rev it's head to 17000rpm while putting out around 1.2 ps. it loves to rev. the os 46 La is only a garden type plane bearing motor that will take mild revs of around 11000/ 12000 while it puts out I think, about the same power and will pull quite well. I'm not a big fan of the LA but it has more pull from lower in the rev range and I think the weight is about the same if anything the la maybe lighter check it out!. It really depends on your flying style. OZI
Old 03-02-2003, 11:54 AM
Postal FLyer

Default OS?

Huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Who said anything about an OS?
Old 03-03-2003, 08:17 PM
chik magnet

I understand that it is alot of weight on that little tequilla sunrise but what I am trying to do is be able to hover but without having to spend the money I dont have on an expensive 4 stroke.I currently have my 46 on a duraplane trainer 40.I have not yet bought the TQ sunrise,but by the time I do get it I will have mastered my rebuilt hobbico spectrum which I currently have oversized with an MDS(multiple dead sticks)58.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:17 PM
Postal FLyer

Default All Done

Chik you posted this thread with what seemed to be a question and concern about your plane and engine combination. I gave you my input and offered what I thought was a solution to your problem. I really never intended on this becoming a drawn out issue. You do what ever you want with your airplane and engine. I will keep my Webra .32 as it seems to me that the perponderance of evidence would indicate that you have enough doubt in the Webra that I would suggest that you just use what you have. I wish you all the luck in the world with your plane/engine for what ever purpose you intended.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:03 PM
chik magnet

Default All Done

SQUAWKIN TALL I would like to trade you but I am still using my 46 on a hobbico spectrum and I have not yet purchased the
Tq sunrise.I was in the process of researching the Webra and whenever I do decide to buy the sunrise I was looking to put a 4 stroke on it!I have one more thing to say and it is that you seemed to be getting an attitude with me.As you may not know I am 14 years old and dont intend to take **** from anyone.Excuse my language but I get mad when others get mad when I dont want to do something.Now if you want to start over I will be glad to!SO my name is Nathan ,what is yours?
Old 03-05-2003, 08:08 PM
chik magnet

Default All Done

Squawkin tall if you have a 4 stroke about the same size as the webra I will be glad to trade with you!
Old 03-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Postal FLyer

Default All Done

Dear Nathan

I am so sorry that you felt that I had an negative response to your on going parlay of an offer that the perponderance of evidence would show I was offering you a superior engine than you had just to help a fellow flyer. I was totally unaware that you were a child. For this I apologize. As far as not taking **** from anyone I would like you to know that I too felt as invincible as and cocky you do right now. That was before I had the honor of serving my country in wars which proclaimed me a disabled veteran. Yes my innocent grass hopper. Having served with the First Calvary Division, the 1st Infantry Division (Forward), and The 3rd Infantry Division in the last 20 years gives me the right to tell you the stuff it up your butt. When you can count over 1000 lethal enemy rounds being fired at you, including sabo and chem in a combat zone then you have the right to tell me anything you want. But in the mean time "BOY" you had better pull your head out of your rectum and address me as the only reason you are still breathing.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:03 PM
chik magnet

Default All Done

I tried to start over with you and I did not say anything that I meant to offend you with!But now your doing it again!In that last message all I did was try to tell you how I felt about you getting an attitude!I did not say I wouldnt trade you it is just that I am still using the 46 and do not have a plane yet that I can put the webra on!Now could we please just end this stupid ass conflict.All this message is doing is pretty much saying sorry!NOW if you could,just say sorry and this argument will be over!
Old 03-05-2003, 09:10 PM
chik magnet

Default All Done

Postal flyer the webra seems like a very good engine but I am not sure if it would pull my hobbico spectrum nor my 8.5 pound duraplane!
Old 03-05-2003, 09:43 PM
chik magnet

Default All Done

If you think that the webra 32 could pull either my duraplane or spectrum I will be willing to trade.I agree that is a good deal on that engine since I researched it!If you still want to trade I am trusting your judgement ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Postal FLyer

Default All Done

Where in Florida are you? Do you have anyone to help you figure it all out. If you are pulling 9 lb plane than you want a .90 4 stroke. This webra is made for speed in a light well designed plane like a hammer (4.25 lbs) if you are trying to drag a sled around in the air then maybe you need to look beyond performance into a workhorse for your solution. Let's not kid each other! wow blue engine! OS! Oh my! You know it's a dog. I would not have even offered the webra if I knew you where going to be the way you are, Lets just part on a positive note and that way if we meet for real we will not have the present conflict to cloud our respect for each other.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:58 PM
chik magnet

Default All Done

I am in jacksonville.Do you have any 4 strokes that you are willing to trade such as a 30 to 50 size.Im currently flying with the aerobat.It is smaller than the trainer 40 but weighs more.MY GOD, that plane is responsive!Where in florida are you?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2003, 05:02 PM
crasher1
My Feedback: (31)

Default All Done

Check your email...Dude????
Old 03-06-2003, 09:44 PM
pnugene

Default All Done

Dear Nathan,
I have noticed your posts to this forum for the last several weeks, and detected that you were new to this hobby and needed some good advice. To my untrained eyes, that is what you have received. I too was unaware of your age, and it really makes no difference here. Here's a fact you may not be aware of or willing to admit: the best advice and counsel come from folks who have already been there, folks who just happen to be much, much older than fourteen. Your response to Postal Flyer's advice and generous offer to help, was less than kind and showed a lack of respect for others as well as yourself. Your choice of language was both unfortunate and offensive to many of us. I once was your age, I had the world in a jug and the stopper in my hand, until a couple of years later when I realized just how much I didn't know. You will reach the same conclusion, also. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience to be shared on this forum at no cost to you. You have the freedom to accept or reject any of this wisdom, but it's really immature to fly off the handle for no good reason. Here's the deal, Nathan: you feel the need to be treated as an equal and an adult. Shed your attitude, throw away your poison pen and start over, practice the art of listening and being civil, you'll find friends here. If not, you'll be ignored.

Thanks for the opportunity for an old man to talk to you. Randy