Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

THE END OF RC

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Mike in DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE END OF RC

It sounds like you had a frightening experience. And to you, it seemed really dangerous. But, like many of the other posters here, I'd like to give you an objective opinion: From my reading, it sounds like something that happens to everybody all the time. The fact that you immediately understood the mistake is a good sign. The guy I worry about is the one who has the brain fart but doesn't know it.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

MIke, I agree, the guy who has a brain fart then claims that he was hit is really dangerious!
Old 03-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Jimmbbo

ORIGINAL: Geistware

Barrrick, my recommendation is not to quit but get and fly a plan where delayed reactions will not cause an issue. A slow poke or sig senior would be good. Just don't give up, adapt your flying/airplane to your present or future skill or capability.
Ditto - and your experience and knowledge is very useful to others in your club, so leaving the hobby altogether is doing a disservice to the less experienced folks at the field...

My $.02

Jim
Old 03-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Taildrager-inactive
My Feedback: (11)

Our club has a older gentleman 88, who still flys buy the use of a buddy cord. Some one will take off for him and get the plane in the air, then he will take over and fly, when its time to land the same person lands for him. In this way he gets in his 3 flights safely and goes home happy with a plane in one piece ready for the next time.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:00 PM
STEVE LENZ
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Barrick sorry to here your post. I gave up the hobby 15 years ago due to my kids growing up. Now I am back at it full swing. I hope with any luck I can continue it as long as I can still have fun doing it. One of the club members who I admire and I have had great times the last two years has health problems. I pulling for him and with a little luck from someone above he will return to this sport as well. As I am sure there is someone who will miss you as well. I wish you the best of luck . SL
Old 03-09-2004, 02:20 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

I wish he would have titled thread "The end of MY rc"!

He had me worried that there was another issue like broadband to be concerned over.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Silvanskii
My Feedback: (17)

Well I completely spaced out and wrecked my first plane. It was my first wreck ever to.

Now 10 years later I'm having more fun than ever, and even getting a sponsor. Just goes to show every day is a new day.

That being said, it is pointless to do something like this if you don't have fun at it. I'd say take a break for a while. If after a month you don't feel like flying, then do something you like doing! That's part of what drives us as humans!