Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Stupid Warning Labels On RC Kits

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Stupid Warning Labels On RC Kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 05:00 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Stupid Warning Labels On RC Kits

Originally posted by jharkin
[I]
Not junk science, just overcautious companies afraid of being sued out of existence.
This is the real problem. And in my mind, it boils down to the fact that Judges are not doing their jobs. Look at their job title... "JUDGE" not... "THE GUY WHO FOLLOWS EVERY LETTER OF THE LAW"

When a case comes to court, and someone says, "I'm suing McDonalds because I spilled my coffee in my lap and got burned cause they didn't tell me it was hot.", The JUDGE should say, "What kind of idiot are you? Don't you know that coffee is supposed to be hot? CASE DISMISSED!" That is his JOB! To JUDGE. But too many of them don't want to take the responsibility to actually make a decision, so they "go by the letter of the law, exactly as written". I think if they can't make a decision, they shouldn't be put in a position to.

Now if someone spilled a Coke in their lap and got burned, they may have a case.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:16 PM
jharkin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MinnFlier-

I couldnt agree more. It simply amazes me that people get away with these ridiculous suits...
Old 06-27-2002, 05:36 PM
TTARK

My only question is do we really have to warn someone not to drink car polish?? And IF we have to warn them do we really care if they drink it?? They are wasting oxygen

Terry
Old 06-27-2002, 06:52 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Minnflyer, What do ya think about the Circuit court tell kids they can't say the Pledge of Alligiance anymore? They should all be hung for treason.
Old 06-27-2002, 07:03 PM
Billy Hell

What about all the currency that says "In God We Trust". I guess we will have to change all that too.
Old 06-28-2002, 03:59 AM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Originally posted by MinnFlyer
I'm just waitin' for that big earthquake, then we won't have to worry about what stuff does to Californians anymore.
PS... To get that rat to idle properly, try using 15% nitro
He He He He
Old 06-28-2002, 11:49 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ages 6-12? Well I guess we need to quit!
Old 06-29-2002, 11:10 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

am i right? you cant import these things into CA unless they have these warning stickers on. think i heard that. seams its all about law suites which is why insurace is now stupid money.
its getting like this here " have you had a trip or fall in the last 3 years, well...."
im only 23, and when i was a kid if you got hit by a car and broke your arm you counted your self lucky it wasnt worse, getting money was very rare.
is the US really like Ally Mc B now? thats crazy, still, the episode a while ago where ling took over and dismissed all the cases was funny.
maybe the Judges dont want to Judge incase they are sued too lol

maybe all RC planes should come with a waring sticker that they will all crash one day
Old 06-29-2002, 01:29 PM
Jazzy

Are we gonna see this soon?

WARNING: This plane WILL, eventually, crash, possibly destroying persons or their property not to mention the components contained herein and other life forms. Biological and ecological contamination is also possible.
Old 06-29-2002, 06:48 PM
vegas mossie

Maybe you should delete the last post before the EPA sees it! lol
Old 07-05-2002, 03:46 AM
Catfish1

Anything that contains lead has to have a warning on it. Saying "Is known to cause cancer or birth defects in the state of California" or something like that.
Old 07-05-2002, 03:47 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's really very simple...stay out of California. Unless you're just visiting for a short while. Then get out quickly. Please.
Old 07-05-2002, 05:38 PM
NCC-1701

Tommygun,

Check out this latest posting from the Darwin Awards site. Somebody WAS that stupid.

(Early 2002, Kansas) Just outside of Wichita, a 21-year old farm boy was driving a grain harvester across his winter wheat field to collect the crop. This particular piece of farm equipment has huge rotating blades that cut down the wheat stalks. At some point during the harvesting, the driver's cowboy hat was blown off by the wind and hurtled some distance in front of the blades.
Thinking that the tractor was not moving fast enough to warrant stopping -- or perhaps just not thinking at all -- he jumped down and ran in front of the tractor to collect his hat. It was still being blown around by the wind, and after chasing it for a bit, he finally caught up with it. Meanwhile, the harvester had caught up with him, and his body was found scattered across the wheat field.

Local authorities were contacted by a neighbor who noticed the tractor crossing Highway 96 with no driver.

http://www.darwinawards.com/
Old 07-08-2002, 03:38 AM
bgi
My Feedback: (7)

California is awesome. The people in Southen CA who elect politicians generally are stupid whiny liberal crybabies, so they have a really wacky legal system.

If you get a chance, visit Yosemite, Monterrey, Carmel, Point Lobos, Big Sur, SanFran, San Jose, etc.

You'll never regret it.

No, I live in GA.

What? Have an opinion? Who? Me?

Old 07-08-2002, 04:07 AM
Uncle Milty
My Feedback: (1)

I lived in So. Cal for 40 years, and the best thing I ever done was to get the H--- out of California. The smog, the drive by shootings,the gang wars, and so many rude and stupid people. that has nothing to say about the politicans and the law makers that seem to have nothing to do but think up stupid laws and the judges who can`t judge right from wrong and seem to delight in awarding stupidity. I`m in Nevada now and won`t return to Calif unless it is a dire emergency. waunk of Pahrump
Old 07-08-2002, 05:19 AM
Someone11-RCU

Originally posted by Jazzy
Are we gonna see this soon?

WARNING: This plane WILL, eventually, crash, possibly destroying persons or their property not to mention the components contained herein and other life forms. Biological and ecological contamination is also possible.
In one form or another it says that on the warranty on my Kadet LT-40.

Minnflyer,
I wish Judges could JUDGE like you say, but now a days with everyone being so politically correct and sue happy none of this will happen. You see Martha Stewart - the nice lady who bakes pies - in the news because she engaged in inside trading and lied to cover it up. ALL OF IT IS GREED! Thats all you see in America as of late w/ enron and all of this corporate crap that these people are pulling. The pledge of allegiance, In god we trust... why would someone want it out the door? If something like this gets canned then where will they stop?

All of this is making me mad, yet very sad to see all of this happening in America. I hope better times are coming - hope someone can sort this ting out and make sense of it.

-Brian

PS: Thank goodness I got that out huh
Old 07-08-2002, 05:40 AM
bgi
My Feedback: (7)

We can maybe see shrink-wrap warranties ala the software industry:

"By opening this box you accept that this model airplane may crash and kill you and every bystander within 2 miles of the crash site."
Old 07-08-2002, 03:55 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by rc_sport
Minnflyer, What do ya think about the Circuit court tell kids they can't say the Pledge of Alligiance anymore? They should all be hung for treason.
Hey, the way I feel is, if someone doesn't want to be an active part of this country, they can go find one that they like better.

I heard an even worse one... A California (where else) grade school principal has banned the game of "TAG"! Because it sends a discriminatory message to the kid who has to be "IT"!

Jeeze, Don't even get me started on this stupid stuff!
Old 07-08-2002, 04:24 PM
Billy Hell

I laughed out loud.
Old 07-09-2002, 04:29 PM
shindin
My Feedback: (5)

Default ok

checking in from good 'ol Georgia.... i'm sure Cal is dandy, but i don't like sleeping that late..... if you guys out there can get your clocks up to speed, i'll come check it out..... i'm sure it has it's good points......

as for lawsuits, i get miffed every time i see one of those commercials, "i was hurt bad, i needed a lawyer"... seems like i remember needing a Dr when i was hurt...

oh, yeah, and my favorite bumper sticker, spotted recently....

"Vote Democrat... it's easier than getting a job"

fits right in with the general topic....

letter to the company that makes preparation H, or what it must've been like, to cause them to have to print that warning on the pckg.....

Dear Sirs,
Your product, preparation H, simply doesn't work. I must've eaten 3 tubes of it, and not only are my hemrhoids worse than ever, but i can't even get a pea in my mouth...... etc....
Old 07-09-2002, 04:58 PM
m.gramling
My Feedback: (8)

caskets even have a warning label that states "do not put a live person or persons inside the casket becasause suffication can occur."
Old 07-09-2002, 04:58 PM
m.gramling
My Feedback: (8)

I'm joking, but I am not suprized they don't have one in the caskets yet.