Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Shipping Of Planes

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 08:55 PM
DUHAWK49
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shipping Of Planes

OK I SOLD A COUPLE PLANES THAT WERE ALREADY BUILT.. USPS WANTS A FORTUNE TO SHIP AND UPS WONT TOUCH EM.. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I CAN DO WITHOUT PAYING MORE FOR SHIPPING THAN WHAT I WAS PAID FOR THE PLANES?? I NEED HELP
Old 07-12-2002, 10:22 PM
CaptainHook
My Feedback: (80)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping

Try www.forwardair.com or your local Greyhound.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:46 PM
DUHAWK49

Default GREYHOUND

WAS LOOKING INTO USING GREYHOUND.. MY QUESTION IS WILL THE PACKAGE HAVE TO BE PICKED UP AT THEIR TERMINAL THEN OR DO THEY DELIVER IT?
Old 07-13-2002, 12:11 AM
Gdolboy3

I had a kit shipped to me via UPS not long ago. I don't know how much it costed the gentleman, but it couldn't have been too pricey. I would expect it wasn't more than their normal amount for the weight that it was.
The package was in a long box obviously. The kit was all oily, just like it was flown and then immediately put in the package. Which I think this was intentional. See, the kit was placed in the box over some foam packing material, and then it looked as if that expanding foam was used to fill in all the space to make for a nice tight secure foam enclosure around the aircraft. The oil residue naturally kept the foam from adhering to the aircraft. The wing was done in the same fashion. The only thing he did that I wouldn't have done was chopped off the tail section. All I had to do was epoxy in some blocks, and fiberglass the joint. Not a bad idea if you can't find the right demensioned box.
Old 07-13-2002, 12:26 AM
DUHAWK49

Default SHIPPING

WELL THE DIMENSIONS ARE TOO BIG TO SEND THE WING, THE FUSELAGE I GOT OFF OK.. I DONT THINK THE BUYER WOULD LIKE IT IF I CHOPPED PART OF THE WING OFF. I CAN SEND IT USPS BUT I WOULD PAY MORE IN SHIPPING THAN WHAT I GOT PAID FOR IT.. ITS OVER THEIR DIMENSIONS THATS WHY IT COSTS SO MUCH.. I DONT THINK ITS VERY PLAUSABLE TO PAY $66 SHIPPING FOR A WING THAT WEIGHS ONLY A POUND OR 2.. I MAY JUST HAVE TO TAKE THIS ONE IN THE KISSER.. I WILL NEVER SHIP A BUILT PLANE AGAIN UNLESS THE BUYER PAYS SHIPPING.. IF I GO WITH USPS MY TOTAL SHIPPING AND PACKING PRICE WILL BE RIGHT AROUND $105.00.. KIND OF SUKS WHEN I ONLY GOT PAID 95 FOR THE PLANE.. LIVE AND LEARN I GUESS, NEVER THOUGHT TO CHECK OUT TO SEE IF DIMENSIONS WERE SHIPABLE OR NOT.. HEARD THAT GREYHOUND WILL SHIP BUT THEY DONT DELIVER TO MY PARTIES TOWN.. I DONT THINK HES WILLING TO TRAVEL TO PICK IT UP.. I DONT BLAME HIM EITHER.. I WOULDNT WANT TO.. I HAVE ALL THE LUCK
Old 07-13-2002, 02:50 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Hate to say it, but it's not really luck is it. All of us screw up things once in awhile.
Old 07-13-2002, 03:19 AM
jmulder

I would kindly talk to the guy about it and ask him if he will split shipping or if you could just drop the deal because of you losing so much on it. Maybe he will understand...........