Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

EAA Oshkosh, WI - is anyone going or has gone?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

EAA Oshkosh, WI - is anyone going or has gone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 12:03 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EAA Oshkosh, WI - is anyone going or has gone?

Wow the air show Thursday was unreal. Patty Wagstaff, Kirby Chambliss, Jim Leroy, Oracle Pitts, and so many others I lost track. Did anybody else go?

There was one manuever that I thought was really cool. The Oracle pitts did it and so did Jim Leroy. They basically do a low pass but the plane is flying almost sideways and pointed slightly up. Almost like a high alpha knife edge, but in between sideways and upright. I can hear them running the throttle up and down to maintain altitude (about 8 feet). It looks very cool. I want to try this out either on my Sim or the next time out. I will be much higher than 8 feet. One guy did it right on a landing. It's almost like they fly their approach that way so they can see the runway better. Then they straighten out just before the wheels touch down.

To see a full scale plane do this is pretty amazing.

Joe
Old 08-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EAA Oshkosh, WI - is anyone going or has gone?

Ive been about 4 differ times. If you think the airshow on thurs was neat, go on saturday, thats when they drag it all out, flat out awsome. LAst year i took about 300 pics. I wanted to go this year but school was in the was, if i miss 12 hours, i phase out.