Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

ANy women out there???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 01:00 AM
FlyingCouple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANy women out there???

I feel like I am the only woman out there that flys a r/c airplane. I know there are more of us out there. I thought that this may be a good place to get together and share our stories.
Okay... and I just had to do this because I was on my local clubs website and there was a picture of two half naked women posing with a Heli... Okay, Where are the man shots???

Come on in and Join Yahoo Groups Women_with_wings Just click on the link below.
If you know of any other women, feel free to pass this on to them!

Women with Wings
Old 08-31-2003, 12:52 PM
southern_touch99

When they place the man shots on the front of the mags I will not subscribe anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am all for women pilots, I have seen one in particular that is REAL GOOD but let us be honest, the sport is dominated by men by about 99.5%, now if more than 0.5% of those 99.5% dont want to see half naked men on the pages then its not worth the cost of losing the majority of your readership to gain the readership of the .5% women. Just some food for thought from a marketing person [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2003, 02:49 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

I do sincerely wish there were more women pilots. I've known a couple of good ones. The one thing I do object to is that the covers of a couple of the magazines are beginning to look like the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. No one of the pilots I know are going to pass up a chance to look at a good looking model but I personally would like to keep that aspect of my life separate from my modeling activity.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:12 AM
southern_touch99

I agree ballgunner. The eye candy is great and it catches your attention and you do recognize the plane that shes holding. But your more than likely not going to go do more research on that plane. I would be a lot more adpt to buy something that a big name modler has designed and is standing beside. (Ex. The Kyosho Flip designed by CLPR). I think if the marketing people are going to be successful using sex in advertising they should target the trainer market and planes such as the cub. These are planes that are already successful and nobody needs to tell you the benefits of them.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:55 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: ANy women out there???

I have a hard enough time keeping my mind on my plane. We don't need eye candy! TO me, women flyers would be a very welcomed addition just for the diversity of the conversation and the opportunity for unique color schemes.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Righty

the link to women with wings just brings up another rcu page...
Old 09-14-2003, 09:32 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been in this hobby for many years, almost 30 to be exact and in that span of time I have known a great number of female RC pilot's. I have had the pleasure of being an instructor pilot for a couple of them and now they can teach me a thing or to when it comes to flying RC. There are some ladies here on the boards of RCU and there have been some post's in the clubhouse on this very subject. Alot of the fellows have there wife's or girlfriends invloved with RC and some of the most avid competiors have a wife or girlfriend as a part of the team. Just be patent and I am sure some of the ladies will respond to your request. Good Luck, Dave