Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Myrtle beach

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 09:02 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Myrtle beach

heading down to see the parents in a few weeks, are there any flying fields? hobby shops?
anything hobby related in this area????

thanks

mark
Old 08-22-2004, 07:43 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Myrtle beach

Only thing in Myrtle Beach is Miniture Golf corses !!!! No resturants, gas stations, grocery stores, auto parts housed, hardware stores, General stores, JUST MINITURE GOLF ![:'(][:'(]
Old 08-22-2004, 06:47 PM
ChickenStick Rick
My Feedback: (674)

Hey Wayne,
I thinks its been a while since you have been to Myrtle Beach. Great vaction spot. Tons of restarants, entertainment, championship golf and yes a Hobby Shop.

Try Eds Hobby, just off of 501 near Ocean Blvd. They fly out of Conway, SC. Check at Eds. They can tell you where the field is.

Happy Flying
Stick
Old 08-23-2004, 05:50 AM
Kaos Rulz

ChickenStick Rick

Do you know if Al is still running the hobby shop for ED? Knew him back in the 80's. A great guy who knows the hobby well.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:05 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks Stick, I went there in 2000, for a Motorcycle rally, and was very disappointed. Also looked for a Hobby Shop then, Good to know there was one. I was so frustrated with the "LAW ENFORCEMENT", ( they wanted to ticket me for doing a wheelie on a full dressed Hog pulling a trailor, imagine that.) and the "Loss of Motel Reservations", even though they had charged the deposit on my C.C. four months earlier and I had the proof, that I cut short my stay and came back to Ga.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:00 PM
ChickenStick Rick
My Feedback: (674)

Wayne,
Sorry you had a bad trip. Police can get pretty touchy on bike week with all the crowds. Really not a bad place though. North and South Myrtle are a little quieter and more family oriented.

Hey Ed,
Don't know if Al is still running the show. I think the shop was sold several years ago. Do not get there much, only about once a year on vacation.

Best Regads
Stick
Old 08-24-2004, 05:20 AM
Kaos Rulz

Stick - Thanks for the update. I plan on getting up there later this year and I'll be checking out the old stopping grounds.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:41 AM
a68fan

I'll be at Oak Island, NC next week.. ( 'Bout 30 miles north of MB) Taking a couple electrics to fly at a local park..

Allen
Old 08-24-2004, 02:38 PM
2dumbthums

THE LAST COUPLE OF TIMES WE WERE IN MYRTLE BEACH I VISITED ED'S HOBBY SHOP. A FELLOW BY THE NAME OF HENRY HAS BEEN THERE AND CERTAINLY ISN'T MY TYPE OF SALESPERSON. NOT FRIENDLY AT ALL. HE SEEMS TO KNOW YOU ARE ON VACATION AND THEREFORE IGNORES YOU. HAD HE BEEN FRIENDLIER I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A FEW ITEMS. I JUST WALKED OUT AND DIDN'T SAY "GOODBYE". -ALAN-
Old 08-25-2004, 05:26 AM
Kaos Rulz

That's a shame cause it used to be a Great Hobby Shop. Just goes to show ya that it only takes one person to make, or break, a good thing. [sm=frown.gif]