Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Can some one direct me......

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Can some one direct me......

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 06:11 PM
milkman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can some one direct me......

I know there has to be a thread on the GP little toni but all i get is usless posts when i search for it. I just ordered one and need to read about any tips you fellas or ladies might have on it. thank you
Old 08-23-2004, 06:18 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Can some one direct me......

How's this?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_16...tm.htm#1693340

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_18...tm.htm#1839142

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_19...tm.htm#1940906
Old 08-23-2004, 06:24 PM
milkman

Hey MinnFlyer
Thank you, that is just what im looking for.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:38 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is still a fairly new plane on the market and I doubt there is much said about it. Being a little Hotrod I suggest you run a bead of epoxy on the in and outside of the firewall and glass the wings together to prevent folding. No retracts to worry about. If I had to guess it could fly similar to the WM Midget Mustang which is very impressive with the right engine????
Old 08-24-2004, 04:08 PM
DBCherry

My brother Brad has one.He's running a Saito 100 in it and it has unlimited vertical. Flys quite nicely.

He was very impressed with the quality of the plane construction, and with the hardware included.

He's quite happy with it, and I'm hoping he'll read this. In fact, I'll send him an e-mail with a link to this thread.
Dennis-
Old 08-24-2004, 04:46 PM
BCherry
My Feedback: (2)

Abd in fact i did read it.. Yes the little toni flys very nice,turns on a dime ,rolls are somewhat slow but very graceful.Knife enge is good lots with lots of stick input. No bad reactions on low rates and havent tried to much on high since i like the way it flys on low,I didnt have any problems with the build. havent seen any problems with my firewall,and I flew it hard yesterday. the only things i can say is make sure you locktite the crap out of the landing gear screws, as mine came loose and turned sideways. Ill post a pic of my engine bay... any questions just ask. Brad
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40251.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	167118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt63093.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	167119  
Old 08-28-2004, 10:54 PM
milkman

Hey All
I just received my Toni a couple days ago and it sure looks perty. I mean it is almost perfect. The paint is great but the only thing i see is the cowl is a little lighter than the fuse and the paint on the canopy is higher on one side than the other. I read some posts that say you should beef up the firewall but I don't see how you can get epoxy in to the front. Do you just load up a stick and let it drip down to it? I grabbed onto the firewall and gave it a good tug and didn't see any flex to it. And all my formers and servo tray were glued tight. All in all i think its great work by Great Plane. But like the others all said, I'll need to cut alot of cowl off to get my MDS .78 to fit.
Thanks for the tips and please keep them coming, with a plane this pretty I'm going to be working slow to make sure its perfect.
Thanks Rob
Old 08-29-2004, 06:36 AM
DBCherry

But like the others all said, I'll need to cut alot of cowl off to get my MDS .78 to fit.
How big is the MDS? As you can see in the second picture above, my brother didn't have to cut much cowl to fit a Saito 100 in his.
Dennis-