Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Young RC Pilot's role call!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Young RC Pilot's role call!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 11:03 AM
cougar347

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Young RC Pilot's role call!

Scott

Sent you a PM

Vince
Old 10-31-2004, 11:12 AM
hjossi

Well i'm 15 and i live in Iceland. I have logged about 1000 hours in sim's (Reflex, Aerofly Pro, G2 i have them all..) and i soloed after 1 flight on a buddybox. I was doing rolling cirkles on a low wing trainer after 3 weeks and invert passes 1' foot of the deck. Now i'm flying a UCD .46 with a OS .91 surpass w/ pump. I tailtouch it in hovers and i harrier and rolling harrier it like drinking water, knife-edge spins, blenders, waterfalls, invert harriers... and i have flown for about 2 months

So the moral of the story is..... SIM PRACTICE PAYS OFF!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57835.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	188479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23255.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	188480   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99720.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	188481  
Old 10-31-2004, 12:33 PM
davidmor

ORIGINAL: cougar347

David, I'm 58, and both my wife and I worked very hard all our lives. All that they're building around us right now are $400,000 homes, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how these 35 year old "kids" can afford them. My wife and I keep wondering what did we do wrong? I don't know. All I know is that every time I turn on the TV, I'm hearing about kids shooting other kids, kids stealing cars and attacking people, kids on drugs, and just generally kids that I want no parts of. If these young men in this thread have this kind of R/C equipment, more power to them. If they're out there tearing up the sky every day, God bless 'em. Maybe they saved up their recess and Christmas money, maybe they work odd jobs in their spare time, maybe they have parents that live in those $400K homes and give them everything, maybe they have parents and grandparents that have given up many things so that their kids could have some very expensive R/C equipment. It doesn't matter to me, I'm embracing them. They're the ones who are going to perpetuate our hobby for us. I want them out there flying, not figuring out how to break into my house and steal things that I worked my entire life for so that they can support a drug habit. You didn't do anything wrong and neither did I. I raised two sons and put both of them through college. I'm still paying off college loans that we had to take out. I could have bought a lot of planes for what those educations cost, but I wouldn't trade my boys' educations for anything. After all, they've got to keep working and paying their social security taxes so that my wife and I can live a happy retirement life.

Vince, I completely agree with you that it is great to see the youth out there flying (Much better than I do I might add!) instead of doing other not so innocent things. I am just curious of how a 14-15 year old kid gets $2K to buy and fly a plane. I had a good paying job at 15 ($7.50 an hour 26 years ago) and never had that kind of money to spend on a hobby. I guess that the allowances and Christmas money is a lot better now than it was when I was a teenager. I am not complaining, I am just curious. Like I said, I love seeing teenagers and younger out there at the field. I tend to have a lot more in common with them than I do with the old guys who spend their flying time sitting under the tent criticizing the guys who actually do fly!

ORIGINAL: cougar347

Later,
Vince

Eveyone get out and vote on Tuesday.

I am definately voting on Tuesday! Too important af an election to not have my say.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:45 PM
red91sit
My Feedback: (2)

I'm 16 and i used to fly all the time till i got a licnese. Now i'm more into sliding on pavement then sliding through the air. I still fly my Pico Stick everyonce in a while, I havn'et flown for atleast 3 months now though. I hope i don't forget how lol. I'm also very curious as to how your kids my age and younger are flying planes that cost soo much. :S I've spent a total of less then 200 on my airplanes, repairs, radios etc. And it seemed like a lot of money to me.

BTW to all you kids out there who's parents BUY you expensive planes, radios etc. be veyr thankful. You can't possible understand how big of a gift this is until you actually start having to pay for things yourself.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:25 PM
rc_boy_12

Me and my dad prety much slip up the cost between everything.. he buys the gear, i buy the planes. just got my wild hare 28 % edge about a month ago, after saving up for about a yr. I work anywhere and everywhere i can makin money any way i can. and im good at saving it and not spending it all as soon as i get it. i also have a few trainers from when i started flying. I use a Futaba 8UAPS for my radio.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:54 PM
nitrobasher

hello, anoushir mansouri age 15 been flying for about 2 months and loving every minuite of it.

I have an old Thunder Tigher mk2 trainer and an Hobbico avistar. I just had my first crash ever with my mk2 about 10 mins ago
Old 10-31-2004, 08:57 PM
jvanoy3
My Feedback: (4)

Hey everyone it is me again, James! I would just like for everyone to no that i am very thankful for everything i have and the only reason i have so much is that i think of it as an invesment! My Grandfather is the owner of AB/Ble Air Inc. and that is the reason i am sponcered by them. If it wasn't for him i would be noooooo wheeerrrrre! But as i said i thank of this as an invesment because what i am doing now is all going to be tied into my career when i am older.

Everone out there keep them coming!
OL, one more thing if there is any one in I-MAC out there please do tell me a little because my sponsored team is going to be started this next year!

Thank You ALL!
Old 10-31-2004, 09:21 PM
garrett0300

I'm partially sponsered. I'm sponsered by C. Inc. (Chris) (A.K.A my dad) lol the rest of the money I earn on my own. Eventually i'm going to fly for the air-force.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:59 PM
jvanoy3

Hey Dad sponsors are the best out of them all.lol
Old 11-01-2004, 04:37 PM
RVman

hello
i am 15 years old I started when i was 13 in rc. I have a 1/2a sukhoi, GP RV-4 and CAP 232 with a Webra 50 on a moussecan pipe. I just fly i do a bit of everything try new manouvers whenever. The CAP is my favorite as it is way overpowered and flies very nice. I can take off in 9 ft i measured it. I have a job where i work about 10 hours a week and a paper route. I buy everything myself my parents won't get me anything large for rc at Christmas or my birthday.

Tom
Old 11-01-2004, 05:48 PM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

What the hell has this to do with crash pictures and stories??????? im surprised this has not been moved yet
Old 11-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Mudsurfer1234

i think it is in here cuz alot of kids like to see balled up planes, and they are always checking this forum. and who would want to make a bunch of kids cry lol, just kidding[8D]
Old 11-01-2004, 08:22 PM
ICE_MAN

My names Cody, I'm 14 and have been at it a year. I'm sponsered by my dAd who I also dragged into the hobby.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:19 PM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Mudsurfer1234

i think it is in here cuz alot of kids like to see balled up planes, and they are always checking this forum. and who would want to make a bunch of kids cry lol, just kidding[8D]
Good reply mudsurfer you guys sure do have some great looking planes. maybe oine day i will be able to fly as good as some of you lol im surprised i haven't had any of my planes in this forum yet (i guess the gods have been on my side, touch wood).
have fun
paul
Old 11-02-2004, 02:52 PM
garrett0300

Lets see how long we can keep this form at the top of the list!!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Mudsurfer1234

ok, ill put some pics in from this past sunday
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84028.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	189241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87439.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	189242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72848.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	189243   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh12018.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	189244  
Old 11-02-2004, 05:00 PM
jvanoy3

I am loving it! This form is starting to be really cool to come home from school and then get one here to see what all the kids are talking about! Let keep them coming! Lets see some videos if any one has any!
Old 11-02-2004, 05:06 PM
funflyphil

hi...im phil, and im from westerville ohio. i currently fly an aeroworks 25% edge 540 with a supertiger 2000. ive been flying since june, and soloed after 3 flights on the buddy box.....my winter project is a 35% carden aircraft extra 330s. the sim made me SO much more confident with everything.....i can do pretty much everything on aerofly pro: rolling harriers, torque rolls, hovering ect ect....ive treid some easy stuff with the edge, but it doesnt fly that great. i cant wait to fly the extra....my mentor has a 40% edge and extra from carden, and i have flown both...their sweet....i also get tons of stick time becuase i live VERY closeto my local field....i can hear the big gassers from my house....

-phil

also this is my club site.... www.wmaa-wags.org
Old 11-02-2004, 07:27 PM
jvanoy3

Come on every one we are starting to slow done. I no there has to be more kids out there!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:45 PM
swabby
My Feedback: (18)

Hey my name is Joey,i am 15 and have been flying since i was about 12, I live in warrensburg, Missouri. My dad is a great sponser. he is retired USAF. So our whole basement is a hobby room. Currently i have the extreme flight 68" Yak-54 with a thundertiger pro120(couldn't afford a $600 moter so i stole the thundertiger from my dad!) , a ultra stick 60 with MDS .78, a combat wing and a couple of Combat planes. I am just starting to learn how to hover and i have been getting the harrier down good. Its nice to have a good plane to do 3D with. i wish i could go flying but the weather has been really sucky, i have been dieing to go flying. This daylight saving things sucks to, we can only fly till about 5:00 then it's pitch black out side.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:01 PM
jvanoy3

Good Good come on people we must stay Number 1! Keep them coming!
Old 11-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Mudsurfer1234

same here, i can barely fly my foamy after the battery is done charging after i get home, cuz i have to charge them after i get home, and that takes about 90 minutes, and then it is almost dark when i get to fly
Old 11-03-2004, 11:35 AM
jvanoy3

That is one of my other planes i forgot to menchin, my one and only Foam i made. I love it and would never get rid of it! Keep them coming!
Old 11-03-2004, 12:15 PM
xplayer930

Mudsurfer1234. You could do what i do, keep a foamy in school with a charged battery and fly directly after school. I have 8th period lucnh and were alowed to leave. But theres no point in me leavin cuz i have practic, so i just go fly on one of the fields. I always have a crowd as well!!! BTW dont bring ur best radio 2 school if u decide to do what i do, use a cr@ppy one incase it gets stolen
Old 11-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Shahid

15 flying since 13. Just the one plane....Capiche 50

Crashed plenty

Mudsurfer1234. You could do what i do, keep a foamy in school with a charged battery and fly directly after school. I have 8th period lucnh and were alowed to leave. But theres no point in me leavin cuz i have practic, so i just go fly on one of the fields. I always have a crowd as well!!! BTW dont bring ur best radio 2 school if u decide to do what i do, use a cr@ppy one incase it gets stolen
Thats great! If I did that at my school Id get beaten and attacked....and then get my plane stolen. Honest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.