Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Young RC Pilot's role call!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Young RC Pilot's role call!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 10:02 AM
jvanoy3
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Young RC Pilot's role call!

Hello everyone,
My name is James Vanoy and am a young Rc pilot at the age of 15!
What all do you young pilots have in your hanger and tell us a little bit about your-selfs! Another good thing that all people love to hear is blopers and funny stories that people have to tell about RC planes.

Well hear is all about me:
My name is James Vanoy and am called Junior at my home field.
My home field is in West Virginia and is called the flying hillbillies!
I am sponcered by AB/BLE Air Inc. and am a member and president of Team AB/BLE RC.

In my hanger i have:
3W xtra fun
Goldberg Ultimate with a YS .91
Aeroworks scrach built 33% Edge 540t
Ohio Models Edge 540P 80''
Shogun 400
Hawk 5
And many more small .46 size planes

I have also started a wedsite at: www.freewebs.com/teamabblerc
And my personal e-mail is [email protected]
And the teams email is [email protected]

Thank you all for reading my post
Old 10-29-2004, 02:30 PM
RhyanO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Young RC Pilot's role call!

Hey James,
Im 29 now and I started flying RC when I was 15 also. I think its great having younger people in the hobby.
Sounds like you have quite the RC collection already.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Mudsurfer1234

i am 14 years old, have been flying just over 9 months, am on an Aerobatic Show Team called the Alpha Squadron. I have the 87" Extreme Flight Yak on order, a katana profile in mail, (OMP 48 inch) and 2 .40 size planes in the basement. I also like to fly foamies in my driveway or yard, and soon will be doing some minor combat.

I wanna hear some more young people! lol

Later,
Scott
Old 10-29-2004, 04:39 PM
TOPGUNNER

Its not gonna take long for this Thread to get MOVED......[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 10-29-2004, 09:05 PM
rckid90

hi every one im 14 and my name is Patrick Stoner. I have a gws zero and hoping for a f-27 stryker for christmas. I fly in my near by flied with this older guy Randy Farmer i saw him flying there and asked him if i could fly with him some time and thats how i got to learn how to fly. He taught me how to fly with his tibute ep 3d on a buddie box. I tried to fly my zero but i built it way to heavy and it wont fly so im going to put it away for now and fix it when ever i get around to (a.k.a when i get the money to fix it). but know i fly his tibute with little or no help at all but im still on th buddie box for now.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Spaceclam

Hello, My name is Andrew Freesh. I am 14 years old, been flying since i was 10. I am an avid 3d pilot, and my primary weapon is my extreme flight 68" yak 54. I would have gotten the bigger one but i can not afford it, since i have to pay for everything through allowance. i also would have no where to store it so it would not matter. This was my plane of choice because it looks great, has a wing loading of only 22.5 oz/sq foot, (incredible for it's size) has no bad habbits or coupling, and is truly the ideal 3d ship. I decided to go with hitec digis all around, and stuck a ys 110 in the nose. literally the ideal 3d combo. as a backup plane i keep a twist .40 around, just in case the unthinkable happened to my yak. again. i dont know if you would count this as a plane, but in my hangar i also have a 36" home made Draganflyer, (i cal it the clamflyer) with a UFO body on it. we also keep a mini-max around just for kicks. despite it's lack of ailerons and it's high wing, lots of dihedral setup, it is actually pretty good in high alpha. While i was planning on maybe sometime in the next two-three years or so, (that's about how long it would take to save up) i was going to buy one of those composite arf yaks, but after my mid-air with the yak i have now, and my radio repair, the debt will take me well into 2005 to pay off, so i am kinda upset.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17251.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	188020   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81266.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	188021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf87791.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	188022   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98818.jpg
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	188023  
Old 10-29-2004, 10:40 PM
rc_boy_12
My Feedback: (2)

Well, my name is ryan, im 15, been flying since i was about 10. Moving into the 3d time now, getting more into that. mY MAIN 3D'ER is my UCD 3d with a Moki 1.20 i also have many more planes, as u can read what they are in my signature. i also fly heli's and can do basic aerobatics with it. and gotta have a t-mxx just to mess around with also. so that is about it.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:27 AM
jvanoy3
My Feedback: (4)

Keep them all coming, where love it!
Old 10-30-2004, 08:33 AM
davidmor

ORIGINAL: james111v

In my hanger i have:
3W xtra fun
Goldberg Ultimate with a YS .91
Aeroworks scrach built 33% Edge 540t
Ohio Models Edge 540P 80''
Shogun 400
Hawk 5

Hi my name is David and I am 41 (thats right forty one) . I am really curious of how on earth you guys (teens) have enough money to afford these planes???? I own my own business, make a good income and I would have a hard time affording the planes in your hangar. I know when I was a teenager there would be a snowballs chance that I would be able to afford a plane that costs over $2k (Your 33% edge) let alone a hanger full of planes that cost over $400 - $500 each. Where are you guys getting your money?

I must be doing something terribly wrong!!! [X(]
Old 10-30-2004, 08:12 PM
hover king 86

i jst turned 14 and i have a u-can-do 3d with an os ultimate surpass 70 and an 8 channel jr radio.i also have a f-27 stryker and a avistar trainer.My dad also owns his own buisness and i often work for him to get my money i also mo yards and do add jobs around the community.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:31 PM
xplayer930

umm i hait ruffle a few feathers but do u guys really have these planes or are u b/s. Like that one kid who said hes been flyin for 9 months and he can fly combat now, and 3D. Ummm okay. Another thing, im love the hobby to death, but some are you guys are alomsot my age (18). Wouldnt you wanna put spend 2K to save up for a car, instead of 2K for a plane that is eventually gonna crash. BTW do you really need that 8channel radio? Iv never had to use more than six, i think its a waist of money, even if i had it to piss away. My 6EXA just just fine, and all i hear is ***** about it. I have been doing this for ten years, and ill tell yea there aint a chance in hell that you guys have most the planes you say you have. I work an all, and i moslty have .40, and .60 size planes. and ONE 35% giles, but that was a gift i got in 8th grade, and i just finished it last summer cuz i had other obligations to tend to. Personallly i think alot of you guys dont spend your money to wise. I can thik of better things to do wiht 2K, and im not saying that cuz im jealous, cuz i already have my giant scale and one is WAY more than enough.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Mudsurfer1234

ORIGINAL: xplayer930

umm i hait ruffle a few feathers but do u guys really have these planes or are u b/s. Like that one kid who said hes been flyin for 9 months and he can fly combat now, and 3D. Ummm okay. Another thing, im love the hobby to death, but some are you guys are alomsot my age (18). Wouldnt you wanna put spend 2K to save up for a car, instead of 2K for a plane that is eventually gonna crash. BTW do you really need that 8channel radio? Iv never had to use more than six, i think its a waist of money, even if i had it to piss away. My 6EXA just just fine, and all i hear is ***** about it. I have been doing this for ten years, and ill tell yea there aint a chance in hell that you guys have most the planes you say you have. I work an all, and i moslty have .40, and .60 size planes. and ONE 35% giles, but that was a gift i got in 8th grade, and i just finished it last summer cuz i had other obligations to tend to. Personallly i think alot of you guys dont spend your money to wise. I can thik of better things to do wiht 2K, and im not saying that cuz im jealous, cuz i already have my giant scale and one is WAY more than enough.

ok, you say i don't have the planes i have, the .40 sizers are a GP Extra 300S, and a Fun Air .40, and the Katana Profile is to replace the fun air cuz it keeps breaking, and no money will be spent becuz i am just swapping servos and motor and stuff.

Second. I never said i flew combat, i said i might fly MINOR combat at some shows, never said i did and am the greatest in the world.

Third. i don't have any planes that have 2K invested in, the 87" yak will, but that is if it ever comes. Plus im using all my savings for it, and whatever money i get for christmas.

Fourth. No, not the 8 channel, the 9 channel. reasons: Programming, has alot more then the stupid EXA has (which is what i fly with now) and im going to get the synthesized to change frequencies. we will also need it for the 9 channel receiver to use in our 1/5 scale mustang that is currently being built. That will have alot of things on it, lights, bomb drop, multiple aileron, elevator, flap, and rudder servos, choke, kill switch, landing gear.

If you still think im bluffing, here are some pics to prove my word

Name:	Ax73097.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	188279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15077.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	188280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu50172.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	188281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh12603.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	188282  
Old 10-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Dan.P

I´m 15 and i have been flyin since i was 5 and i live in denmark. I have about 8 planes and i am curently building a ZNline Majestic. i started flying flew pattern 2 yaers ago and was in 3,3, and 4 place in my first contests... But lately i havent flown or built much beacause 2 parties every weekend and other things that have started ocupying me takes there toll both in cash and time
Old 10-30-2004, 10:10 PM
xplayer930

Yo Dan.P i hear ya on the time consumptum thing. i got track, 40 weeks out of the year 6 times a week. It kills it all and leaves one day aweek for planes. Its killin me to death. There are so many planes i want but i cant afford. But two years ago i would have had no problme buyin them. car+clothes+women= little money money for hobby But its so damm addictive i cant give it up. Like my last kit was all foam, and it was a 1.20 size plane, cost me only 45 bucks!!!
Old 10-30-2004, 10:17 PM
xplayer930

Yo mudsurfer1234 once your old enough ull realize the value of a dollar The so called (stupid) EXA cost alot of money, and is like gold when your payin big bucks on other exspensise, dont dont go actining like your better than the rest of use.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:18 PM
xplayer930

Yo mudsurfer1234 once your old enough ull realize the value of a dollar The so called (stupid) EXA cost alot of money, and is like gold when your payin big bucks on other exspensise, dont dont go actining like your better than the rest of use. i guess dumpster diving is beneath you as well. O yess that right you probally dont even no what it is.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:11 PM
nmtr13
My Feedback: (6)

Im 15 from Queens NY, currently flying a 4*60, Avistar converted to tail dragger with 0 dihedral,Raptor 30(for sale), Brushless Piccolo Pro.

John
Old 10-30-2004, 11:11 PM
cougar347

I have seen young Scott fly and I can tell you that he is quite good for such a young man. I can also tell you that he is a very nice young man who is quiet and unassuming and can just about fly the pants off of anything you give him. XPlayer, I can also tell you that he would never think that he's better than anyone else-he's just not that kind of kid. I handed him my 3DX at the field one day and within two minutes he was doing rolling circles with it 5' off the ground. I still can't do rolling circles with it. Youth!

David, I'm 58, and both my wife and I worked very hard all our lives. All that they're building around us right now are $400,000 homes, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how these 35 year old "kids" can afford them. My wife and I keep wondering what did we do wrong? I don't know. All I know is that every time I turn on the TV, I'm hearing about kids shooting other kids, kids stealing cars and attacking people, kids on drugs, and just generally kids that I want no parts of. If these young men in this thread have this kind of R/C equipment, more power to them. If they're out there tearing up the sky every day, God bless 'em. Maybe they saved up their recess and Christmas money, maybe they work odd jobs in their spare time, maybe they have parents that live in those $400K homes and give them everything, maybe they have parents and grandparents that have given up many things so that their kids could have some very expensive R/C equipment. It doesn't matter to me, I'm embracing them. They're the ones who are going to perpetuate our hobby for us. I want them out there flying, not figuring out how to break into my house and steal things that I worked my entire life for so that they can support a drug habit. You didn't do anything wrong and neither did I. I raised two sons and put both of them through college. I'm still paying off college loans that we had to take out. I could have bought a lot of planes for what those educations cost, but I wouldn't trade my boys' educations for anything. After all, they've got to keep working and paying their social security taxes so that my wife and I can live a happy retirement life.

Xplayer, Dude, I sur hope yur english in reel lif is beter than what yur usin here cuz if not, the Long Island skool systum sur stynks. Just kidding, I'm sure you're a great guy as well. Don't forget, you've also got to keep working and paying your social security taxes for all of us old guys who want to retire some day. [8D][8D][8D]

Take my advice, forget about them cars and women. They're nothing but trouble. Don't spend any more money on cars, clothes and women. Put all your money into a good 401K plan so that you can retire at the ripe old age of 50 and move to the Bahamas. Maybe it's a little breezy down there, but you can live on the beach and fly every day. It doesn't get any better. You'll be a lot happier. Trust me, I know about these things. All you have to do is to remember this old saying "if it has boobs or tires, it's going to cost you lots of money".

Eveyone get out and vote on Tuesday.

Later,
Vince
Old 10-30-2004, 11:21 PM
xplayer930

haha yes both do cost alot of money. An yes i do plan on voteing tuesday. bTw im still the youngest dude at my filed (for the past 10 years) an still get called lil kid. O yes an santa mom an dad are gettin me a fully loaded giant GP 300l. Not to get off subject but 400,000 for a house, is like cheap on long island. You come hear an ur lookin at 600,000 and up.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:25 PM
xplayer930

ORIGINAL: xplayer930

Well thank you, my modeling skill have also help me participat ein the semiens westing house scenice competiotion, intel, and ISEF (Internatioan scinece engenering fair). haha yes both do cost alot of money, but i think its done that to everyone my age. An yes i do plan on voteing tuesday. bTw im still the youngest dude at my filed (for the past 10 years) an still get called lil kid. O yes an santa, mom an dad are gettin me a fully loaded giant GP 300l. Not to get off subject but 400,000 for a house, is like cheap on long island. You come hear an ur lookin at 600,000 and up.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:53 PM
CrashBurn69
My Feedback: (1)

Hello
I am a member of the same club as James111v and yes you should see his trailer when its loaded. Me and several of the other club members would like to be his adopted brother lol. But he does work hard, and is a very bright and personable and helpful teen who makes it a pleasure to be a member of that club. I really enjoy having an evening when we get to fly together.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:48 AM
jameschen0702

hey! I'm 16 (not as young as some of you..but young at heart!) I fly here at so-cal and I love the hobby! started out the wrong way (solo'd first time with the GWS Formosa..but she flew well) and now I'm working my way backwards to some more "stable" airplanes..like the ventura I got today.. gonna modify her after all the testing for our science project on vortex generators..
It's good to see so many that enjoy flying so much! this is a close knit community and we're lucky to be here to fly with the others!

good flyin' everyone! young and old alike!
Old 10-31-2004, 12:56 AM
Fletch124
My Feedback: (7)

Hello i'm 14 and i live in Reno Nevada. I fly a WM T-34 but am currently lookin for a taildragger. I've been into flying for about 1 year. Currently workin on my 3d on G2 lite.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:42 AM
garrett0300

Hey I'm 14 and lovin the hobby. I solo'd about a year and a half ago. In the hangar I have a Hangar 9 100 in. cub with a zenoah g23 and a JR 4721 on the rudder and a hitec 645mg on the elevator. Just standards on the wings. I also have a avistar with a 46fx and tuned pipe. It's my bang around airplane now. That thing was once "the best flyer ever" now it's a little boring. I also have a morris hobbies topcap for 3d. workin on hoverin right now. I have put alot of money into my cub. scale pilot was 30.00 bucks alone. I have added some other scale details as well. I love piper cubs. I get my money from my job during the summer. I get paid about ten bucks an hour even while eating lunch. Ohh ya I'm not bagging groceries either... I build cabinets and help install them into peoples house. these things aren't cheap a nice kitchen cost's 50,000 just for cabinets. The boss is also a friend so i'm not on a tight schedule. It's kinda like if he needs me or not. scroll to the side to look at the cub!!!!!ohh ya these are older pictures so there is no pilot or scale gas cap or anything special.

Name:	Wt58962.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	188385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot46656.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	188386  
Old 10-31-2004, 10:46 AM
Mudsurfer1234

ORIGINAL: cougar347

I have seen young Scott fly and I can tell you that he is quite good for such a young man. I can also tell you that he is a very nice young man who is quiet and unassuming and can just about fly the pants off of anything you give him. XPlayer, I can also tell you that he would never think that he's better than anyone else-he's just not that kind of kid. I handed him my 3DX at the field one day and within two minutes he was doing rolling circles with it 5' off the ground. I still can't do rolling circles with it. Youth!

David, I'm 58, and both my wife and I worked very hard all our lives. All that they're building around us right now are $400,000 homes, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how these 35 year old "kids" can afford them. My wife and I keep wondering what did we do wrong? I don't know. All I know is that every time I turn on the TV, I'm hearing about kids shooting other kids, kids stealing cars and attacking people, kids on drugs, and just generally kids that I want no parts of. If these young men in this thread have this kind of R/C equipment, more power to them. If they're out there tearing up the sky every day, God bless 'em. Maybe they saved up their recess and Christmas money, maybe they work odd jobs in their spare time, maybe they have parents that live in those $400K homes and give them everything, maybe they have parents and grandparents that have given up many things so that their kids could have some very expensive R/C equipment. It doesn't matter to me, I'm embracing them. They're the ones who are going to perpetuate our hobby for us. I want them out there flying, not figuring out how to break into my house and steal things that I worked my entire life for so that they can support a drug habit. You didn't do anything wrong and neither did I. I raised two sons and put both of them through college. I'm still paying off college loans that we had to take out. I could have bought a lot of planes for what those educations cost, but I wouldn't trade my boys' educations for anything. After all, they've got to keep working and paying their social security taxes so that my wife and I can live a happy retirement life.

Xplayer, Dude, I sur hope yur english in reel lif is beter than what yur usin here cuz if not, the Long Island skool systum sur stynks. Just kidding, I'm sure you're a great guy as well. Don't forget, you've also got to keep working and paying your social security taxes for all of us old guys who want to retire some day. [8D][8D][8D]

Take my advice, forget about them cars and women. They're nothing but trouble. Don't spend any more money on cars, clothes and women. Put all your money into a good 401K plan so that you can retire at the ripe old age of 50 and move to the Bahamas. Maybe it's a little breezy down there, but you can live on the beach and fly every day. It doesn't get any better. You'll be a lot happier. Trust me, I know about these things. All you have to do is to remember this old saying "if it has boobs or tires, it's going to cost you lots of money".

Eveyone get out and vote on Tuesday.

Later,
Vince

hey vince, flying yur 3DX was fun, and watchin you fly your OMP Edge was cool too, we'll have to get together and fly our OMP's together if my katana ever comes.

And i stick up for vince by saying that you will never find a nicer guy. If everyone in the hobby like him, we wouldn't be hearing about all these problems people are having

Later,
Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.