Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

knuckle cracking and arthritis

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

knuckle cracking and arthritis

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 05:48 PM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: knuckle cracking and arthritis

Old 11-17-2004, 06:40 PM
js3
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: khodges

said he's been doing it since 6th grade and it annoys his wife. must have got married in 5th grade. (which, by the way, were the three best years of my life, before R/C)
Yup. We'z wuz mary'd just aft o' de 5th grade. Knowd her cince we bin knee hi to dem june bugs cuz we be cousins! S'all right tho cuz we gradiated 5th grade when we both become legal of drinkin age!
Old 11-17-2004, 07:34 PM
rw Guinn

ORIGINAL: Scar

If you live long enough, you'll notice things cracking, just moving. I've noticed that if I don't stretch a lot, my neck gets stiff, my joints lose range of motion, and I get hurt easier. Oh, and by the way, just stretching makes joints crack, now.

More to the point, I've been an habitual knuckle cracker since high school, and still am. My knuckles don't ache any worse than the rest of me, and I can still play guitar, operate a microscope, cut balsa, etc. with no pain. Washing dishes, or vacuuming the floors , those are out, but that might not be arthritis...

Good luck,
Dave Olson
If I start cracking my knuckles, will I be able to play guitar? I've always wanted to...
Old 11-18-2004, 02:11 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: dubit-RCU

May want to ask someone that lives in California - They've got a health / hazard warning on everything!! Have you ever noticed that anything and everything sold in California "May cause cancer."
Most stuff out here says...."Causes cancer in labratory rats."....

....so I guess if you don't injest the effected rats, you'll be OK. [sm=stupid.gif]

FBD.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Scar

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RW Guinn said :
...If I start cracking my knuckles, will I be able to play guitar? I've always wanted to...
Ha! I once severed a tendon in my right ring finger (working on an IHC truck), asked the hand surgeon if I could play guitar after he fixed it, and he gave me that knowing look & said "Depends on whether you could play before..."

BTW, I still play, fingerpicking style, the ring finger works, and I never hesitate when knuckles feel stiff, I just crack 'em and they feel better. Never seems to bother when I'm working the sticks on my transmitter!

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 11-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to the VA yesterday and had Steroid shots in the base of each thumb! For those of you curious as to how this initially feels. Good luck. It was like WHOA BABY WHOA COME ON WHOAAAA. BIG DOG, BIG DOGS!!
Old 11-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Great-North

Personally if there is even a remote chance that a habit would cause arthritis i would refrain from that habit. I have an almost paralyzing case of arthritis and im only 30 years old! The only thing that keeps me limber enough to fly my planes is $1,300/month medication. Please guys, take care of yourselves.