Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

High Quality Power Panel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 06:04 PM
Cheech
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Quality Power Panel?

I like having a panel on my box, but I am sick and tired of cheap garbage. My current panel has some nice things, like a charger for the ni-starter and a switch for a fuel pump. Actually, it came with a fuel pump, but that was garbage. I have replaced the pump but still use the switch. I fly alot of glow.

My complaints are 1) the back side of the panel is unprotected. The panel is in a plastic tool box and the 12V wiring is a little exposed. 2) The panel is just cheezy . Fuel has erased all the markings, like ON-OFF switches and the ignitor charger is falling off.

I looked at Tower and Hobbico. They are not what I want. Does anyone make a GOOD quality panel?

-Cheech
Old 08-20-2002, 06:31 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if it's any good, but Cermark makes a power panel. I'm also sure that Horizon Hobby sells a Hanger 9 version, and I seem to recall that SIG has one too...
Old 08-20-2002, 06:33 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is some info from http://www.cermark.com/Merchant2/mer...t_Code=PANEL-L

LCD Power Panel

Quantity in Basket: none
Code: PANEL-L
Price: $59.95

Quantity:

Cermark's Design & Registerd LCD Power Panel Plus, use as regular power panel plus radio battery checker and field charger to charge RX/TX/Glow-Starter.

Out-Put for:
(1).12V Engine Starter
(2).12V or 6V Fuel Pump with Fill/Drain Control Switch

Exclusive New Features:
A LED light shows the 12V Battery Charging Status.
A Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) shows the Glow-Plug Driving Currents.
Built-in TX/RX Battery Tester: LCD display the battery voltage under 300MA capacity load status.
Build-in Glow Starter Charger with Automatic 60 Min. Timer.
Build-in "Top-Up" 300mA Charger for TX/RX Battery with Automatic Timmer.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:43 PM
Cheech
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Galen. I'm sort of looking at that one, the Cermark, and also at the Sig Power Panel .

I do NOT like the specialized voltmeter socket on the SIG. That would mean one set of leads for charging and another for checking. Or at least an adapter.

I would also like to see the BACK of each of these. Is it covered/uncovered or shielded in some way. Maybe I'm picky.