Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

ARF's versus KIT's the saga continues

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

ARF's versus KIT's the saga continues

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 01:34 PM
kwelz
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ARF's versus KIT's the saga continues

This thread is still alive! Good lord.

I have little time to build and I really don't have a propper workshop for it. However I do get enjoyment out of working on kits. I am working onmy second Herr P51 Mustang currently. Next will probably be something much larger.

I get more enjoyment from flying though. ARFs allow me to do more of that. I do have the skill to repair broken parts. In fact I just rebuilt the tail on my US60 that got crushed while I was moving it.

I am very careful about what ARFs I buy. Kyosho, Hangar-9, and Great Planes are the only three I would consider owning.
While I am sure there are other companies out there with good ARFs, these three have proven to me time and again that they can provide the product I want and support it. In addition the quality of these ARFs are exceptional. Sure there are minor issues here and there. But I would rather have a minor problem on an ARF than a very unsafe plane someone built from a kit.

And believe me, I have seen some really unsafe kit built planes at my field.

It isn't a matter of Kits Vs. ARFs. It is a matter of common sense, having someone check your work when you are new, and taking pride in what you have and enjoy.

I have a lot of respect for people who build. I wish I had the time to do it. But I don't.

I also have a lot of respect for the great pilots out there that don't build. One of the best pilots at my field has never built a plane in his life. Before ARFs became good he paid to have them built. Now he buys all ARFs. He also does his own repairs. But in the air he does things with these planes that I never thought possible.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Ronnies

Default spitfire 40

where on earth can I get a spitfire 40 kit not an arf
Old 05-10-2004, 11:08 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Kit eh? Try Top Flite, but it is a .60 sized kit.......

Jerry
Old 05-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Ronnies

how about a smaller sized 20 to 30 ,spitfire is it easyer to get a smaller kit
Old 05-11-2004, 09:39 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: spitfire 40

ORIGINAL: Ronnies

where on earth can I get a spitfire 40 kit not an arf
This is a totally new topic. Try posting it in the Kit Building Forum instead of dragging this old thread out of the past. Thanks.