Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

So I told her "I'll just transfer the Rx and servos to save money"...right!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

So I told her "I'll just transfer the Rx and servos to save money"...right!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 08:21 AM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So I told her "I'll just transfer the Rx and servos to save money"...right!

Yeah, that's how it started. Now see here babe, the airplane is not so expensive. I'm buying the same sized airplane so I'll just switch the motor and radio gear. It's just that simple.

So, 15 or so receivers and about 100 servos later, many of which are 9000 series Futabas, and three girlfriends later, I had a hangar full of airplanes. Then came the next story...

See here babe, oh apple of my eye and center of my universe, I need one perfect airplane with the best of everything for competition. Rember sweetie, I have only one hobby and it is positive for our relationship. After all, often when a man is out with the boys, he may not really be out with the boys, but when a man says he is going flying, you can rest assured that he is going flying!!!

Thus I got my ZNLine Majestic. So, five contests later, the championship in my pocket, and another girlfriend later (the other did not care about fidelity I guess), I finally stopped playing games and jutifying myself. So, I finally settled to be single and date occasionally.

That's how I would up with four ZNLine airplanes, my Carden Edge, a giant Pitts, and a dozen other "toys" and a hobby bill that equals many Belgian paychecks.

And to think it all started because I could not stand not having both my GP SuperSportster MKII .40 and GP Ultimate .40 at the field at the same time.

Gotta love it. And love it I do.

Mark
Old 09-02-2002, 11:35 AM
Jon Wold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I told her "I'll just transfer the Rx and servos to save money"...right!

LOL, that's a great post, I was laughing out loud when I read it.

I thought that way too, until one day I met THE Girl.

Now, I wouldn't trade her in for all the ZN line kits in the world.

Still, if she starts to rant about "It's either me or your friggin planes mister!" then I'm not so sure...

Jon
Old 09-02-2002, 01:00 PM
majortom-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

RC modeling is a jealous mistress.
Old 09-03-2002, 01:07 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

majortom, or is it the wife that's the jealous mistress.....and r/c that's our true love?? lol
Old 09-03-2002, 01:15 PM
ReallyUglyStick
My Feedback: (5)

i'm still looking for an understaning sugarmama to support me and my habit...er...hobby. until then, i guess my wife will have to do
Old 09-03-2002, 07:24 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

ReallyUglyStick,
When you find one.........ask her if she has a sister....
Old 03-06-2003, 02:40 AM
spyder0069

I look at is as a addictive habit. Some people smoke. Some like to go to bars and drink. I like to fly planes. Mine is a lot healthier. They all cost money. You just invest a lot more with aircraft at once instead of over time (ok, this depends on replacement aircraft which don't count ha ha ha). Plus its one hobby that always puts a smile on my face. I don't belong to a club but several of my coworkers and I all fly and you'll see that when the weather is good people share their time and extra parts to see an additional plane in the air without a thought about payback.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:03 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I swap motors and electronics from plane too plane all the time.

It's still an expensive hobby. But much better than alchoholism or drug addiction--IMO.

I can't believe my wife puts up with the balsa dust, CA fumes, fiberglass fumes, and power tools running at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.

She has absolutely NO interest in the hobby---won't even come to the field to watch me fly. But, to her credit, I guess she loves me anyways-- I've been able to coerce her into holding an iron or a wing when I'm covering.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Mettler1

Originally posted by Rcpilet
I swap motors and electronics from plane too plane all the time.

It's still an expensive hobby. But much better than alchoholism or drug addiction--IMO.

I can't believe my wife puts up with the balsa dust, CA fumes, fiberglass fumes, and power tools running at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.

She has absolutely NO interest in the hobby---won't even come to the field to watch me fly. But, to her credit, I guess she loves me anyways-- I've been able to coerce her into holding an iron or a wing when I'm covering.
You never know, one of these days the wife might find a hobby of her own. Sure will miss her!
Old 03-06-2003, 03:52 PM
spyder0069

My girlfriend kept wanting to help while I was building a couple. She wanted to try covering and the assembly. So I bought her a electric herr kit (the herr kits are super easy to build). She asked about every step. Of course the first thing she did was snap a former for the fuse. I looked at her knowing that all those times she was stepping over my parts and I kept complaining that the planes are fragile just came full circle! "Now what?" Honey, now you fix it (ha ha ha). Well after I worked with her on one half a wing she has almost completed the other on her own. I'll probably get impatient and finish it so I (I mean we) can fly it. ha ha ha
Old 03-06-2003, 04:44 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spyder,
Do not repeat -- do not get impatient and finish the model yourself! Let her go at her own speed. Be supportive and you'll wind up with a partner. Much better than having her think it's too complicated for her to enjoy.

If you ever had an older brother finish your projects you'll know what I mean.

Later,
John