Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Women in advertizing

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Miloh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Women in advertizing

Hi All:
Just the other day my wife was asking why I was looking at girls on the internet!! yikes!! she had walked in saw over my shoulder a girl in an ad for car products. I explained that you could not even look at model airplanes without coming across racy photos on occasion. My proof, Check the ad at this link. and if you can please let me in on what she id doing there. LOL

Miloh

https://www.quicktechhobby.com/Airpl...012%20WACO.htm
Old 06-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Women in advertizing

and if you can please let me in on what she id doing there. LOL
She's selling! What else?
Old 06-13-2005, 01:22 AM
MinotRich

Hmm, looked like a nice plane. Too bad they had to use Anna Nicole Smith's picture to try and sell it. I guess this is one plane I can do without. A shame too, it would look nice in my hangar...
Old 06-13-2005, 04:32 AM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Miloh,

If you don't like the advertising, don't buy the product. If it REALLY offends you, write the manufacturer and tell them so. If they don't sell enough products, or if they get enough complaints, they might change their advertising.

I may or may not buy a product that uses sexy girls in their advertising, but I've been around the block enough times to know that the girl has nothing to do with the product, so her presence in the ad does not influence my decision.

Still and all, I'd rather look at pictures of Anna Nicole Smith than pictures of Dave Brown or Frank Tiano (to mention a couple)

papermache
Old 06-13-2005, 05:39 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

What women? I just see a beautiful plane!
Old 06-13-2005, 06:25 AM
rwright142

ORIGINAL: Miloh

Hi All:
Just the other day my wife was asking why I was looking at girls on the internet!! yikes!! she had walked in saw over my shoulder a girl in an ad for car products. I explained that you could not even look at model airplanes without coming across racy photos on occasion. My proof, Check the ad at this link. and if you can please let me in on what she id doing there. LOL

Miloh

https://www.quicktechhobby.com/Airpl...012%20WACO.htm

Nice pair! Of wings I mean...
Old 06-13-2005, 07:04 AM
Miloh

Papermache:

Dude take a chill pill!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got no problem with it I just thougt it interesting. And somewhat out of place as there is no mention of her what so ever in the text. I didn't mean to touch anybodys sore spot.
WOW!!

Miloh.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:52 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh boy! We get to go down THIS road again.

Nice plane, ugly woman. Too bad.[:@]

Anyho, this is "advertising", and sex is a tool used to stimulate and catch to viewers eye. No matter what they are selling, if the market is competitive, and RC is a very saturated market, expect to see some skin.

IMO, RC has toned down a bit but is picking up again in the skin showing department. I have a few copies of RC mags from 1967 through 1972. Most of the radio or plane ads show a bee hive maiden in a bikini. However, at least the girls look like they are at the beach and not on some street corner or dollar dancing club like most of these girls today look like.

Scott.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:38 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Plane? what plane? Why didn't they put any text on the page? Hahahahaha Just kidding,

The only worse picture they could use would be Jessica Simpson.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Deadeye

IMHO, the appearance of this young lady makes me want to buy that plane. Not a plane like it, but THAT plane!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35568.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	284306  
Old 06-13-2005, 09:59 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Some thoughts on this topic....

I feel sorry for Miloh who's wife is busting his balls for looking at pictures of clothed women.

The picture in the link seems to have nothing to do with the plane, I can understand when the model is with the plane. I doubt they have Anna's permission to use that picture.

Minot, You scared the bejesus out of the manufacturer by telling them you aren't gonna buy the plane now. Oh wait...if it wasn't for the picture you would have never heard of them in the first place.

The more successful the company the hotter the model in the ad.

Geeks like us passing judgement on women that wouldn't give 99% of us the time of day is pathetic and laughable.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:40 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deadeye - I would PAY to be THAT plane!!! Hahahahahahaaa ... even my gf is now laughing!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 11:16 AM
FLYBOY

ORIGINAL: Deadeye

IMHO, the appearance of this young lady makes me want to buy that plane. Not a plane like it, but THAT plane!

What, thats tallent, she can wax the wing, fuse and nose all at the same time. Thats what she is doing isn't it? [X(][X(]
Old 06-13-2005, 11:34 AM
mvigod
Banned

Bottom line is that the RC audience is 99.5% male. Putting women in ads is proven to work to help sell product. Companies would be smart to put more women in their ads as long as done tastefully. Modeling is very accepted worldwide with top models making millions to help sell products (female models..not rc models!). They get paid alot because putting them into ads work. When we have ads with women in them here on RCU the clickthrough rates skyrocket.

If you have no problem with a guy holding a product then you should have no problem with a woman holding a product. Again for RCU as long as it is done tastefully and doesn't go over the family friendly border it would be fine here on rcu. We have turned down a couple things that were too racy for kids though.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Well, back to the original post's content....

The ad he pointed to is on QuickTech Hobby's site. If you look over the rest of the site, there are numerous references to Nose Art. Nose Art on warplanes is notably focused on the feminine form.

The specific picture he pointed to isn't described as nose art or anything else, that I can see, but it is consistent with the rest of the pictures on the QuickTech Hobby site.

I don't believe anyone was criticizing RCU's ad content.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 06-13-2005, 12:03 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Women in ads is good, its about the only thing that makes the ad interesting. There is only one thing I like more than fast cars, boats , bikes and planes... !

Anna Nicole Smith however is a gross, inept pig.

"do you like my body" I ever time I see that Trimspa commercial where she's driving the the sportscar looking like she's on crack I get the dry heaves.

I just don't get the fascination with her.
Anna Nicole - FAT and Dumb

Paris Hilton on the other hand is just plain PHAT
DP
Old 06-13-2005, 12:24 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Deadeye

She isn't trying to sell a plane, but a new buffing / polishing system for canopies[sm=lol.gif]

Scott
Old 06-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Miloh

Well usualy if there is a woman in the ad she is holding the plane or something of that nature. It just seem out of place to put that picture in what looks like an after thought. Like Mr. editor what should we do with this half page empty space? Bam in goes a picture that has no connection with the product. Let me be clear on one thing!!! I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PRETTY WOMEN AND OR LOOKING AT THEM VERY CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just making conversation.

Miloh.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:46 PM
FLYBOY

It got you to look at the ad, and got you to make a comment about it, which got a lot of others to look at it that normally wouldn't have.

I would say the ad was a 100% success!
Old 06-13-2005, 02:42 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Maybe we should all write letters to all manufacturers...that DON'T have good looking women in their ads, and tell them we won't buy there products until they do?
Old 06-13-2005, 03:22 PM
webeflyin

ORIGINAL: Miloh

Papermache:

Dude take a chill pill!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got no problem with it I just thougt it interesting. And somewhat out of place as there is no mention of her what so ever in the text. I didn't mean to touch anybodys sore spot.
WOW!!

Miloh.
So what are you saying, Miloh. You don't like girls? ;o) Sorry, just kidding, I couldn't resist!
Old 06-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Jim Thomerson

One can't make a reasoned decision based only on a couple of isolated examples.[8D] We should look at a statistically significant sample of such ads before taking a pro or con position. 30 is usually regarded as a minimum-size small sample, so you guys need to do a lot more searching and posting before we can make an informed decision on the matter.[:-]

Jim
Old 06-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Roby

Why are pretty women in the adds ?
Because weather you like it or not SEX sells , everyone knows that !

Many of the manufacturers know that a few people
maybe offended ,but they also know that most won't.

For those that are offended by using suggestive pretty women
in adds, too bad , get used to it cause it's every where. I'll guess
you don't go to the beach much either because of the content.

Good grief
Roby

Old 06-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Miloh

I have not seen anybody say anything about being offended by the ad.......GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!! I was trying to bring some light hearted humor and poke fun at this ad. it's so blatant what they were doing I found it humerus. as I stated before this gets me out of explaining why there is a pretty girl on the screen everytime the wife walks in the room. Just use this ad for example.

Miloh.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:18 PM
FlyerGirl
My Feedback: (16)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.